My OFFICIAL Dawn of the Dead 2004 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Since there have been a number of different threads on different aspects (i.e. the poster, site, etc.) of this upcoming remake, I decided to start this thread where all the posts regarding this film can go.

I think this remake looks absolutely spectacular, and it looks like it could very well be genuinely frightening as well. I was against a remake at first, but the trailer and the cast have caused me to do a complete turn-around, and now, this film is my most anticipated films ever. Talk about a big fuckin' turn-around, huh? From all that I've seen and read, this remake looks to be a real winner, and a very possible new entry into the list of the elite remakes of all time.

Also, Sarah Polley is one of the most gorgeous women I've ever laid eyes on, and one hell of an actress to boot. She is so good at portraying the characters she does and giving them depth. I try and see everything she's in, as she's definitely one of my favorites. It really pleases me to see her in this film, and even cooler, in the latest issue of Fangoria, she mentions how much she loves zombie films. Too bad she's married, we'd be a perfect match! The rest of the cast looks great as well, and I love to hear that there are several homages to the original in this film.

I personally love the idea of fast zombies. To me, they are far more menacing. I love walking zombies too though. Seeing how this film combines both is a great idea to me. I love the shots in the film where there are basically thousands of zombies. Seriously, I think this film will be scary. The trailers alone creep me out.

Either way, I'm so there opening day, first showing! If I love the film as much as I think I'm going to, I'll see every showing opening day.

2. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

I love the original Dawn of the Dead so I will be seeing this when it comes out. When I saw the first trailers on the internet I wasn't a huge fan of the zombie speed, but I'm not going to judge the movie on that. The tv trailers left me a little uneasy. It is just something about the volume of zombies they have in some shots. I don't know what it is about the large amounts, but it just seems unrealistic.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Yep, I want to see this in the theaters just because I missed out on the TCM remake. Hopefully it doesn't TOTALLY suck ass. :evil: And good idea for trying to combine all the Dawn threads.

5. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I am so there on the 19th to see this kick ass film!!! :banana:

6. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Alright mabye we should watch it first before declaring it the greatest horror film ever.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

When ever I attack remakes, I'll admit that it could still be a good film, it's just that all the effort is wasted on something that simply can't live up to the original.

But after watching the trailers, I can't even say that it looks like a good zombie movie. It just seems totally unremarkable to me, nothing from the trailer gave me the impression that the film contained any inventiveness. I'll eventually watch the TCM remake because there's some interesting stuff in the trailers and interesting talk about the film, but Dawn's remake I'll probably pass over all together as just not worth my time.

8. Trout

Trout Guest

I'll try to keep an open mind with this remake, only because I love the original. The problem will be tying to get my wife to go see it.

9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Nobody here is declaring it the greatest horror film of all time. There's nothing wrong with being extremely excited about an upcoming film. Also, if it winds up sucking (which I do seriously doubt), I will be the first to express my disappointment. I was excited as all hell when Blair Witch was going to come out, and I went in, and it even exceeded my very high expectations. On another note, I was very excited about Dreamcatcher, as I adored the book and loved the cast, and I figured it was going to be amazing, yet it turned out to be a huge disappointment. I usually know what I'll like, but every now and then I will be disappointed, though its very rare. As is, there is nothing wrong with anticipating this film, and I will continue to do so, as I've never been this excited for a film.

10. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    My fiance has long accepted the innevitablity that she is going with me to the remake. It took me years to get her to finally appreciate the original. However, she will not look at Day of the Dead at all (and I cannot say that I blame her!).

11. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'm still not expecting much from this remake. A few trailers won't brainwash me.

12. Dr. Satan

Dr. Satan Guest

What about "Flyboy & Flygirl" or "To Tall To Slow Too"? Are any of the original characters in this?

13. Trout

Trout Guest

I had to make a deal with my wife if we were going to go see DotD...I agreed to go see the new Scooby-doo movie :cry:...being married is about making sacrifices I guess.

14. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I am excited about the remake and will watch it. If it turns out to suck I can still watch & worship the original as I always do :)

15. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Lucky you, I couldn't drag my wife into any of the films I watch anymore. Though, when we first started dating, I did drag her to Army of Darkness. One she won't soon forget, especially since I say "Give me some sugar, baby." at least once a week to remind her!!

16. Dave

Dave Pimp

:lol:

My wife is now under the thought that anything I like, she won't. Even if it isn't horror. Part of this is because I'm always watching Simpsons, Three Stooges, and other misc. crap that she hates. But even when I legitimately try to put on something she likes, like 'Carnivale' from HBO, she won't really watch it.

17. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

the idea of running zombies is stupid!

and this remake looks stupid too, but I'll probably go see it anyway :p

18. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

19. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

im not too huge a fan of running zombies myself. i think the lumbering masses seen in fulci's films and the original romeros are more frightening because they look like a walking disease coming for you. Although i suppose a total zombie apocalypse is more believable if u cant just run past them lol

20. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I actually got my wife hooked on The Simpsons now! She finally admits it's funny.