my review of 2019: After the Fall of New York

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Mar 4, 2003.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

yea man, you took the words right out of my mouth!

i listened to it last night just to see how offensive it was and it was cool and all, but definitally nothing that bad.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  2. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I understand why some people are offended by his little rant on the website awhile ago. That was very mean and offensive but his comments on the commentary were not. Anyways the movie was fun, bring on more post nuke movies.:banana:

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Holy shit I need to fucking order this. I'm doing so RIGHT NOW!

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

You know, if I didn't hear all this hype before listening to the commentary, I don't think that guy's idiotic statements would have stood out nearly as much. I may have heard them and thought, "That wasn't a very nice thing to say", and then forgotten about them. But that's it. I don't think the disc should be recalled because of that. Actually, the worst part of the commentary is the way those dopey fanboys wouldn't shut their traps and let the star of the movie say a God damn word.

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I ordered it from DDD, and they didn't say anything about me not getting it, but we'll see.

6. Atmims

Atmims Guest

yeah, I ordered it too. I was planning on making an order in a few days but I figured I better act now before it's recalled. I doubt I'll ever even listen to the commentery I just want the movie soon. ;)
    Adrian

7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Watched it yesterday and I have to admit, I had a lot of fun with it. The girl was mighty hot as well - not the "last fertile one", she reminds me too much of this annoying girl I know.........the blonde though, :eek1: . Overall I'm surprised that they had so much going for the movie, I mean it was Italian and low-budget right? So how'd they pack all that great stuff in there? Eh whatever, it was a lot of fun, and I eagerly await anything else from the genre on disc.

8. Atmims

Atmims Guest

I saw this last night! Very entertaining movie and I don't think there was a dull part in it. It's a pretty cheesy movie with some cheesy special effects but that probably adds to the fun factor. ;) I also really though the Boss Eurak woman was hot, maybe I just like my women evil though. :evil: Highly recommended!

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Did you listen to the commentary yet? It doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. I think SS should've just put one of those "the opinions of the participants in this commentary do not reflect those of the company" warnings before it. I also thought it was cool for Dave and Paff to be immortalized like that. There's no publicity like bad publicity. :banana:

10. Atmims

Atmims Guest

nah, I haven't listened to the commentary but I probably will soon just to see. It sounds like it's just gonna be a bunch of fans talking some bullshit though.

11. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Well, I'm buying a copy for myself and as many more as I can afford for future ebay fodder.

12. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

That's basically what it is. Occasionally Michael Sopkiw is allowed to get a word in. Occasionally.:rolleyes:

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I didn't mind it. Not at all really, it was probably more informative than something solely with Sopkiw would've been. My bet is a transcript would read something like this:

"Uh yeah. This scene was on a set. That guy was a midget. I was a model, heh."

But more than anything it made me wish I had friends who were into movies like this :(. Then again, that's what this board is for.

14. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Same here, no one i know has an interest in movies like these at all. Glad i found this place. :)

15. What the heck was said? Did it have anything to do with the scum that attacked the twin towers? Or are liberals whores just being pc?

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Not even close! Basically it's some dork who used to work for Shriek Show ranting briefly about how he's a "real" genre fan and he knows everything and no one else knows anything. He also takes some shots at some people at this website and other horror sites, but it's really nothing to get worked up about.

17. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

Don't diss the post-nuke historian!;)

18. Evil Beeker

Evil Beeker Guest

my 2 cents

Your right its not a big deal!!!
    I think this 2019 recalled disc is rumour. SS has mentioned nothing about it on their site. And every online DVD site is selling it.
    To remove the commentary no matter how offensive it is, is wrong in my opionion because we all go on these forums & bitch about what movie is cut & what footage is missing & how much the MPAA is a bunch of Fuckin' old fuckfaces that hate horror.
    And by censoring the commentary your a hypocrite.-I'm not pointing any fingers.
    & I don't think I spelled hypocrite right either:nervous:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2003
  19. mrwilson

mrwilson Guest

I saw a copy in a B&M recently and it didn't mention a commentary track on the case.

20. Evil Beeker

Evil Beeker Guest

None of the discs mention it it's just there for some reason.
    It was never promoted.
    So I guess that makes it an Easter Egg they forgot to Hide.

Heres how to access another egg on that disc if anyone cares.

Easter Egg

Blooper

Access The Egg

Go to the extas menu and go down to the interview Sergio Martino, push then the left button and you'll see a big nuclear sign. And there you have it!