my review of 2019: After the Fall of New York

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by DefJeff, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Not surem, but I believe that part of the reason why the commentary is being dumped is because some of the statements Dildoph makes border on the libelous, in which case there's always the potential for a messy lawsuit.

2. chrishicks

chrishicks classic is back!!!

well i just got the money to order this, so will I get lucky and get the one with the comm.?

3. chrishicks

4. mrwilson

mrwilson Guest

I just picked this up today and couldn't find a commentary on it.

5. chrishicks

a question for those that have the disc with/without comm.: is there any diff. between the UPC # on the disc that does or doesn't have the comm? how would stores know if they have the new version or the old 1?

6. iguana

iguana Guest

Make sure you check the disc for the commentary via your "audio" button - I dont think the commentary can be chosen via the menus on any of the releases.

Btw I would advice anyone against paying extra money for a release with the commentary - the "controversy" is almost non-existent (but certainly libelous), and the commentary track itself is really bad. Two hyper "so-called" fans rambling endlessly about nothing of interest, and they dont ask Sopkiw for much info. Whenever Sopkiw starts talking about his experiences on the film he gets cut off because the two hosts would rather listen to themselves talk about how great it is to hear anecdotes on the film!!!

And the hosts seems to know nothing factual about the production of this movie, but keep bragging about their knowledge picked up by wathing a lot of movies. It is also sexist and filled with purile attempts at humour ("funny" jokes about the french... ) - and strangely enough they constantly proclaim to love the film, but they keep putting it down and laughing at it. No, give me a true "film historian" that has factual information on a movie anytime for a commentary track. A total waste of Sopkiws time, as it sounds like he had more stories to tell, if he had been given the opportunity. But maybe I am just to old for the juvenile "fun" of this ego-centric commentary.

7. mrwilson

mrwilson Guest

I checked that way and with a 'tool' on my PC. Just the two audio tracks that are listed in the menu, stereo and 5.1.

8. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

It sounds like the two hosts were trying to recreate a MST3K or something. Maybe the commentary was pulled not only due to their personal attacks but also because they were just plain bad.

As for the film, I haven't even seen it yet. I'd like to rent it first, though.

9. chrishicks

well I just got my copy and it doesn't have the comm. for those of you that do have the disc with the comm. could you tell me if the UPC code is diff. than the 1 I have? the # I have is:
    ISBN: 1-58655-389-5
    bottom # 6 31595 03029 7

10. morpho

morpho Guest

:eek1: I was just reading this thread...and it seems that everyone would be glad the commentary is gone, but now it's a wanted disc! :eek1:

I feel collectible today :banana:

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I don't think the commentary can be summed up any better than that, really. Even Sopkiw gets frustrated by the continuous rambling of the other two guys.

Media Blasters pulled the commentary because of the negative personal comments, but they should have pulled it simply because its BAD.

12. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Shoudn't this be in the Reader Review Section.

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

He reviewed it before that section existed.

14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I just picked this up today. Got it at my local Media Play, last copy and it has the commentary too! Are we sure that these were recalled? Or was this just a rumor? Anyway, watched it for the first time and I find it to be a fun/cheese-fest. Gonna watch it with the commentary soon to see what the fuss is about.

15. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

My copy I just bought has the same UPC as yours chrishicks. The commentary is on the 3rd track, accessed by using the audio button on your remote. Dunno if maybe all the UPC's are the same with/without commentary.

16. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Sounds like Mike Vraney...