my review of SNUFF

Discussion in 'Reader Reviews' started by DefJeff, Jul 30, 2003.

1. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

When it comes to movies that I have never seen before, this forum is almost always the place I use as a "buyer's guide" so to speak. When the topic of SNUFF came up, well, everyone basically said it blew-- I don't think one person had a good thing to say about it to be honest with you. Well I still had the desire to check this out, I'm not quite sure why, but I did and now I am writing this review so no one else makes the same mistake as me!

Blue Underground did an OK job on the a/v with this one in my opinion. It is presented in Full Frame and Mono. The picture quality is decent, I am not sure how this movie looked previously so I can't really comment on how good of a job BU did on restoring this or anything. The audio is just OK too, not great, but passable.

No extras at all to speak of. No menu, no trailer, no nothing...but you know what? Thats OK, Blue Underground presents this with no credits on the sleeve or anything to give it a "bootleg" feel, which actually is pretty cool (just this once).

This movie is about a chick who comes to Hollywood to shoot a movie, and while there, she meets up with a lover she met in NY. Little does she know that her lover has a chick living with him that belongs to a Manson-style cult. That chick was planted there to have the guys baby for a sacrifice. After tons of filler scenes, and a few people getting knocked off, the leader takes his servents and they invade the guys house .. then the surprise (and stupid) ending comes. I've read this film compaired to the Sharon Tate murder by the Manson Family, but I know nothing about that, so it wouldn't be fair to compaire.

I would've loved to write a more entertaining and enthusiastic synopsis of this movie, but there is just nothing good to say about it. Everything about this film was hideous in my opinion, but the main offenders were the lame FX and unlikable, corny characters.

I found absolutly nothing entertaining about this movie (aside from one of the best taglines ever) and you can't even buy the disc for the cool extra features, because there are none! So in conclusion, I will repeat myself once again from the other thread-- Everything everyone has said about this film was correct! Seriously it is as bad as they say. Avoid!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2003
  2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Yeah, but is it any good? :)

3. Atmims

Atmims Guest

:lol: I don't believe you, I think I'm gonna buy this anyways.

Nah, serious thanks for the warning man. I will definetly not be buying this. Helpful review.

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'll take his word for it, even though he's a scumbag. :D

5. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I'll say it again...

sucker. :D

6. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I will save my money and spend it elsewhere.I have heard nothing good about this film at all.

7. thedirtyone

thedirtyone Guest

haha but it has such a great title.

8. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I don't think the film is a complete waste of time. It's not something that I'll watch over and over again, but I found the "acting" and dubbing hysterical.:lol: I think I'd probably enjoy it more after a six pack (or 2).:banana:

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'll tell you what the problem is. Despite everything, despite KNOWING it's trash of the lowest order, despite warnings and reviews - I still WANT to like this film. I love the idea, I love the packaging, I love the concept of the final segment.

As I said, I know it is seriously flawed, and I know I'll likely be disapointed, but it attracts me in a morbid way that I'm finding hard to resist. I *will* resist until I see it cheap. But at a $10 price point, I don't think I could resist.

10. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Yeah, pretty much why I checked it out too. I felt the same way. If anyone ends up checking it out, I'd love to know what you thought of it.

11. rhett

rhett Administrator

The same thing goes for me too. I know everyone who has seen it says it is terrible, but I've read some articles on it, and I'd really just like to see what all the fuss is about. Also, I think Blue Underground has done a sensational job with the DVD...it totally has my anticipating it with mystery.

Thanks for the review though Jeff, I am sure when I finally do see the film I will be wishing I listened to you. ;)

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Here's my question, is it really in a paper bag?:D

13. dwatts

dwatts New Member

In a brilliant marketing move, you have to pick up the paper bag at the local 7-eleven. Apparently, you have to ask for the clerk from "South America" to sign it for you.

In the ultimate tie-in, if he makes a spelling mistake, you get to waste him.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  14. betterdan

betterdan Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I think the tagline is unnecessary. It would've been a lot cooler had it just said SNUFF. But that's just my opinion. Great review, and now I have next to no interest to check this out.

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

If you go in expecting nothing more than mindless cheese, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

17. Applesngore

Applesngore Guest

BUt if it takes place in Hollywood, why does the front cover say "made in south america"?

18. studio1

studio1 Member

I agree - Avoid at all costs - this is utter shit!!!

I recall renting it from the local Video store when it first came out, I watched half an hour, switched it off and took it back to the shop and got a refund.

S1

19. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I feel dumb for not finding the trailer for SNUFF on the BU site until now.

20. drown021

drown021 Guest

ugh,I just bought this movie without knowing anything about it,then I did a search here and found this.Too bad I already opened it.20 bucks down the drain.Maybe I will like it.:nervous: