NAIL GUN MASSACRE Retro VHS Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by DEEPESTBLACK, Apr 4, 2012.

1. DEEPESTBLACK

DEEPESTBLACK New Member

FRIGHTMARE VIDEO proudly announces the release of Terry Lofton's 1986 slasher, cheese-fest on a Numbered, Limited Edition, retro VHS big box!

"The best movie ever filmed in Seagoville, TX!" - Joe Bob Briggs
    “No Joke, this is the worst movie ever made!” – IMDB.com

A true direct to video release in 1986, Nail Gun Massacre now gets a retro VHS clam-shell release complete with painted cover art never before available in the US! Featuring the rarely seen in the over-seas art with a retro box designed by M. Mrakota Orsman (http://mirthquake.net)

Featuring an all new music video by old school death metal band "Nailgun Massacre" (http://www.nailgunmassacre.net) for their hit single "Nailed to the Wall".

About Nail Gun Massacre
    Originally titled Texas Nail Gun Massacre and Construction Kills, this 1986 "so bad it's good" slasher revels in its own ineptitude. Unintentional laughs abound as a small town doctor (Rocky Patterson wearing a blue jean jacket and black muscle shirt) teams up with the local sheriff (Grizzly Adams look-a-like Ron Queen) to solve a series of disturbing murders. Our killer speaks....but his voice (or her voice, one can never tell) sounds like Darth Vader as he spouts the lamest one liners ever committed to film. A dead body lies unnoticed on a busy main street sidewalk. A nailed victim falls dead on top of a BBQ grill....and pushes himself back up when the grill begins to fall over.

And you thought TROLL 2 was bad!

All this PLUS:
    • Hairy sex on a tree
    • Pants on gang rape
    • Action packed gold hearse and 80's Camaro car chase
    This highly collectible VHS retro release is NUMBERED and STRICTLY LIMITED to 1000 copies! The first 25 orders will receive the rare 2004, director released version of Nail Gun Massacre on DVD!
    • Official T-Shirt available at RottenCotten.com - on sale in honor of this announcement for $11.99 for a limited time!

The VHS will premiere exclusively on May 4-6 at Texas Frightmare Weekend (http://www.texasfrightmareweekend.com) in Dallas where the members of the cast will appear for a special screening, Q&A and autograph session. The VHS is available for pre-order NOW at http://www.NailGunMassacre.com for $26.95.

Technical Information
    • New, uncut VHS Retro Edition
    • Black clamshell case
    • Red VHS Cassette
    • "Nailed to the Wall" music video by "Nailgun Massacre"
    • PRE ORDER NOW AT http://www.nailgunmassacre.com
    • Shipping begins May 15, 2012.
    • Retail Price: $32.95
    • 1 hour 30 minute run time including features
    • Format: VHS/NTSC
    • Original 4x3 aspect ratio
    • English language

PRE-ORDER AT http://www.nailgunmassacre.com for only $26.95!

[​IMG]

2. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

$32.95.Yikes.

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I went for it. I have the Magnum VHS as well as the Synapse DVD...I love the boxart on the Magnum VHS as well as the alternative art on this new big box.

4. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

So is Synapse done with the title then?

5. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

Yeah,this whole "hipster" VHS big box bullcrap is getting out of hand. TRying to charge that kind of cash for a VHS is just preying on the morons out there who need something "cool" to cling to. I have both editions of the DVD from Terry autographed and they both didn't cost me that much. I would go into more about the whole "collectors" market for crap they have never seen but I don't want to encourage it by griping about. Some more people might think it is cool to like it now.

6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Hey! If you don´t like it, that´s fine. But calling people who like to collect these VHS releases morons is just wrong.

7. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

As a youth I spent tons of money on collectibles I wish I could sell now, but that does not take away from the joy that stuff gave me whilst going through my collector's phase.
    I could totally see myself going for this if I collected VHS, the artwork is awesome.

8. DEEPESTBLACK

DEEPESTBLACK New Member

The distribution deal between Terry and Synapse expired October 2010.

9. Chomp

I thought hipsters just listened to Devo and dictated to other people what’s “cool” and what isn’t? I love how this hypocritical teabagger name drops his two signed DVD’s and then bashes VHS collectors for “clinging” on to something. Congratulations, you win sir,… for your thrifty find of two scribblings of a Z-grade film makers signature. Your life is now complete and on this day forward you may have complete rule on what is deemed collectible and what isn’t. GTFO.

On a side note, If you think $32 is some egregious amount of money then you must have a minimum-wage job or think we still live in the 50’s.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Owned.

~Matt

11. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Come on folks chill out anyway I grabbed me one! I got left out in the cold with House Of The Devil VHS never again! :cool:

12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

$32 for this movie (VHS or DVD) is too steep for my wallet - and I make more than minimum wage :)

I have the Synapse DVD. Watched it once drunk as hell and loved it. Watched it a year later sober and couldn't take it. My liver hates me watching "bad" movies.

13. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

THis is all pretty funny. Although I have found the world to be going to "hell in a hack" as it were since about the late 80s in that now it seems horror bandwagon jumping has crossed over to being similar to the Kardashian or Jersey Shore worshipping as well. Now it seems I have to pay out the nose for a rare horror movie poster or old VHS(of which I have over 17,000) because some "fan" thinks who has never even seen the film thinks the artwork is "cool" or "hip".
    I am a fan of Nail Gun Massacre but I don't bow down to the mentality that I have to own every artifact they keep trying to gouge "fans" out of to be in the "cool club".
    And yes I make more than minimum wage but am VERY cheap. And yes I would prefer to live in the 50s or 70s.

14. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Oh god lord dude I heart you but where are you going with this? I personally don't give a rats ass how HIP or Cool anything is. When I purchase and item it because I sincerely want it. I have never owned or purchased this film before. I have though watched it prior and enjoyed it immensely. As far as the Kardashians go I could care less about those HiV+ Armenian whores.

15. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

How are they gouging you if no one is forcing you to buy this version, Devo1313? You claim to already own two editions of this film, so don't buy this one. You seem very sour over what is a pretty cool-looking item.

And what horror property is bringing in Kardashian or Jersey Shore-level ratings or sponsors? I bet plenty of horror filmmakers wish they had that type of cash flow.

It's cool that classics are being reissued in a format that many of us grew up using, and $26.95 is cheaper than what I paid for some VHS tapes back in the day--and they weren't red.

16. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

i'm with Devo on this one...the elitist vhs collector pricks on facebook have ruined it...i used to pick up wizard tapes and one-sheets for next to nothing, now it's too much bread to buy online, the facebook creeps are on top of everything and have the cash to blow...and i love these retro tape reissues, but 30 bucks is nuts...

17. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I wish I knew what we were arguing about. Hip/cool, Nailgun Massacre/facebook, the Kardashians, VHS......... what the fuck?

18. Chomp

Its your own damn fault for being on Facebook. Or paying the outrageous prices on Ebay or Amazon. Why chastise the collectors who actually go out to rummage sales, thrift stores, etc. to find Hack-o-Lantern for $2?

I agree however, $32 would be steep price tag…if it were some bare bones DVD/BD being mass produced by Universal or Warner Bros. This, however is not. This is an independently released VHS. I’m not sure how Frightmare is producing this VHS, but I read the process Massacre Video goes through in order to put out their VHS/Big Box releases, and it is costly and laborious. What is the proof that Frightmare’s prime directive of releasing this VHS is to “gouge” fans?

Easy bro…aren’t you the one with TWO signed, ultra rare, mega hard to find, super, terrific versions of the film? LoL

19. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Awesome collector's item. I won't be buying it for that price but it's still pretty cool.

Love Nail Gun Massacre. It's bad but it makes me laugh and entertains me every single time I watch it. I introduced it to my horror group a few months back and they had a blast with it.

20. Devo1313

Devo1313 New Member

Thank you,fart_Mike,you hear and see.