NAIL GUN MASSACRE Retro VHS Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by DEEPESTBLACK, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure most of the trolls who buy to resell blow their profits on beer, cigs & drugs. I doubt the trollster money goes into getting their kids a college education.

I'm starting to wonder if these terms elitists & hipsters is just another way of saying trolls?

Anyway sorry your thread is getting shit on DEEPESTBLACK. I think it's a well known fact horror fans these days go ape shit over everything. I am just as guilty of that myself also as I am sick of remakes and Hollywood horror. So it doesn't take much to get our panties in a bunch. :lol:

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Yeesh. I like VHS AND Devo AND Pabst Blue Ribbon. I guess that makes me a hipster. A 38 year old hipster. I'm not trying to be cool, I've been into these things all my life (well, maybe not the PBR exactly). Maybe I should be more pissed that a bunch of whelps are copying me. But I don't. I couldn't honestly give a fuck.

Like the House of the Devil release I think this is a really cool collector's item. I still don't want it, though. I'm only interested in acquiring the films I remember seeing in the video store as a kid of the 80s. It's a nostalgia thing for me.

Bitching about the prices online is kind of ridiculous. You're paying out the nose for the convenience factor. I prefer to get my tapes the old fashioned way from local flea markets and yard sales. It's more exciting.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Oh no you don't - you go talk shit in your own thread with Bags regarding your latest acquisition :lol:

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Careful. A wrong emoticon could sometimes be construed that your not kidding around.

:) Oh wait ... :lol: There, that's better. :lol: I'm getting the hang of this now. :lol:

5. maybrick

No way, man. Party's moved. We're crashing YOUR pad now.

(excuse me, I mean DEEPESTBLACK's pad.)

6. maybrick

Not necessary. When you're somebody like Mutilated Prey who actually IS funny, you don't need emoticons. :p

7. Mutilated Prey

:banana: Here we go :banana:

8. maybrick

I knew you'd approve. :lol:

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Here's a tissue. Ya got a little something on your nose. :p

10. maybrick

Here's a whole box full. Quit using your socks.

11. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I agree about the supply/demand/balance arguments, but there are still people in the game that are in it for all the wrong reasons. Mondo Tee's is one of them...they say they did those couple of VHS releases for the love of the format, but then only do 100 copies of each, ensuring that half or more will go to resellers that jack up the price for true collectors. At least the guys putting out Nail Gun Massacre are making more than enough for everyone that actually wants to buy it and keep it.

12. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has already been posted. Still this is sooooooo cool looking!

[​IMG]

13. Mutilated Prey

It is very cool - love all nostalgic box art. I just have this thing that once it comes out on DVD, assuming the transfer is an improvement and/or becomes widescreen, I'm pretty much done with the VHS. If the DVD is equal or worse than my VHS I'm all about keeping it. I don't think anyone is "preying on the weak" here with this particular release. If you love the movie and have a place in your heart for VHS's with it's cool art then you're psyched. I can't relate to these people (Hipster Doofus whatever) that do it just for the sake of doing it some folks are talking about - that's kinda sad. As for this movie, the DVD is fine as I will probably only watch it one more time or so in this lifetime.

Sorry for the instigation of MayBrick and Bags - the entertainment value is to good to ignore. Bags, you so crazy :D

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

No worries Mutilated Prey. :)

Hey, what is your opinion? I think I may like that new cover art better than the old.

This is the old one: I think it's old, I might be confused on this though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  15. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

i have to say the artwork is phenomenal, as is the fact they are printing a thousand...ultra-fans can get there tapes without paying 50 to a hundred smackers like they had to pay for Sledgehammer...

16. maybrick

It's a pretty interesting phenomenon, but after thinking about it some I'd lay blame onto Horrorhound Magazine's regular feature dedicated to the format for the recent upsurge of VHS purchasers before I'd blame some insidious cabal of Facebook hipsters.

17. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I agree and might I add to your statement. That I don't think we are looking at the big picture. The people who are profiting off us is our own horror community fans. I tend to use the term trolls a little too loosely. Most troll sellers are horror fans end of that discussion. Hell if you want to blame facebook and magazines blame horror conventions also. However in the end it all boils down to troll sellers. For some reason also these imbeciles have become a cancer in our horror communities. I also believe slowly and surely they are growing large by the numbers. I still remember that whole fiasco with Sledgehamer VHS among other Trollers. I don't care how many magazines you read or how many conspiracies we spit each other. I would much rather looks at the facts ONLY.

FACT:
    Troller sellers: Every time something is released in small numbers they profit of your horror fan ass. In most cases the Trolls are horror fans themselves! Currently eBay and amazon is their playing ground where they profit the most cash.

Care to add another FACT please do so everybody.

I complete agree with you and let me add. On side note I think allot of people/elitists/hipsters want to relieve the nostalgia days of VHS. Which in itself could really open the door for us horror fans to be able to obtain collectable VHS tapes. However it is vitally important that the people behind distributing those videos to make sure there is enough to go around. Limiting a movie by small numbers is troll profiting zone.

Oh and don't get me started on that Fright Night Blu Ray Twilight mess. That was IS the worse moment in horror Blu Ray history IMO. That was also the most expensive and biggest fuck you to horror fans.

On a final note regarding eBay & Amazon Trolls I would like to say FUCK YOU & Good Night.

Que ending music............!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aHFZnQKk8g

18. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Funny story one time I got so sick I barfed into one of my socks. Ironically the sock didn't leak at all pretty cool huh? I did though get a little vomit on my hair though cant win em all I guess. :D

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

You should have used it for protection during any late night strolls. = Dobby greater than Paul Kersey :D

20. Mutilated Prey

Overall I definitely like the new artwork better. On the original I like the girls on the ground dying/bleeding, but the killer not so much. The killer looks better on the new one, plus the girl screaming nailed to the wall with generous side-boob :)

Such a lady :D