NAIL GUN MASSACRE Retro VHS Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by DEEPESTBLACK, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: If any of you take my comments personally save your breath I don't care!

Warning: DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE!

Friendly warning to all my friends on here. Do not buy this piece of crap! The original picture illustrated a kick ass cover artwork. Sadly that is not what you will receive. First of all I did not receive my free DVD! The VHS I received looks like homemade crap. I could easily reproduce 500 copies of this garbage myself. You can barley see the artwork they used recycled cheap thin paper. It's not even glossy paper as I was hoping it would be. It's obvious someone went to Kinko's and printed a thousand sheets of paper. There colors are almost non visible guess the ink ran low how professional! Apart from that the plastic has been stuck glued and destroyed by the heat gun when they sealed the video. It's housed in a cheap snapper VHS case it looks really stupid. UGGH no way anyone will be happy with this. If any of you are happy with that's great cause I am not! This is easily worth $1.99 don't waste your money! These nostalgia VHS tapes are laughable now I see why so many of you hate them! Well sometimes we all gotta take one for the team lesson learned. Next time someone post some nostalgia VHS crap I will poop on you. I'm going to make my own version of two girls one cup. You will be the one drinking my shit though haha!

This image was enhanced by my printer. Though it may look okay it looks worse in person. This looks nothing like the original image posted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I wonder what my man chomp thinks of this?

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yeah...color me unimpressed. I received mine as well...definitely not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be the bigger clamshell style...sort of what Mondo Video was puting out for the InterVision releases. This is about the size of a Thorn/EMI VHS case.

It also kind of looks like the slip was just printed off a regular desktop printer. Shame.

Dobby, I did get a DVD...but its really nothing spectacular...mine is covered in dust as if it had been sitting for a looooooong time.

Disapointed.

4. Chomp

Ya ain't missing much...

[​IMG]

5. startide

startide Member

Dobby, if you paid for something you didn't get, complain about it. If you paid by CC, file a claim (after you've done my other suggestions, of course :)). Ask the seller for a refund on what you didn't get. Bitching about it here won't get you what you paid for.

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Not having printed on a decent grade of glossy paper for the artwork is very lame indeed. For what they're charging for the set and how many copies they made it wouldn't have hurt their profit margins that much upgrade that aspect - pretty unprofessional. I'd at least demand my free DVD.

7. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Apparently someone doesn't know the difference between a black clamshell case & a VHS snapper case. They advertised • Black clamshell case yet that's not what you receive. They advertised a free DVD yet I did not receive it. So are they really at fault in this situation? NO~! It's my fault nobody put a gun to my head. We all buy things we regret it happens. Like I said don't waste your money on this garbage folks.

8. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I bought that dvd years ago. While it was nice to have it signed by the director and all, it was such a lousy cover. It is not as if the director made a ton of money off of it, though. The way I see it is that this was an independent release of a an obscure, low budget horror film from the director himself. I'd rather give him my money than buy a film from a major studio knowing that the artists will hardly get their fair share. The film studio would give us a nicer cover, but then use the money to support bills that will invade our right to internet privacy. Yes, I had to take it there.

That being said, the advertisement of the product should be accurate. As far as the cover, I know that I am not the only one that would be more than happy to design a cover for an independent release for free in exchange for a free copy upon its release. Of course I am talking about the dvd. I love the design of the VHS cover and support everyone's aggravation in the cheap stock that was unfortunately used for the canvas. Thanks for the warning, btw, I was actually considering getting this. Was this released by the director as well? If so, this is a harmless director who, despite his dubious advertising practice, will do a lot less damage to the film industry and government policy than the majors.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  9. DEEPESTBLACK

DEEPESTBLACK New Member

Hey guys,

Maybe you didn't open your copy. But, these were all professionally printed by a company in California that has been printing VHS for years. I can't fault you for not opening it as it is a collector's item. However, trust me that the art is printed on the same paper that all other professional DVD and VHS sleeves are printed on. They are slightly glossy as well. Definitely not a cheap "homemade" job as you have described.

By the way, Terry Lofton, the director of NGM, died last year. He was a great friend of mine and before he passed he asked that I take over the film's rights. Believe me, I'm making very little money on this release. It was basically just a labor of love for the movie and an homage to Terry himself.

Also, before Terry died he gave me the last of the DVDs that he printed back in 2005. He literally pulled them out of the trunk of his car and handed them to me. Terry was homeless when he passed and kept all of his belongings in that trunk. So, please excuse the dust. They are as Terry gave them to me.

If you read the advertising page it said that we were giving away the DVD with the first 25 orders. Dobby, you were, unfortunately, the 34th order. If you ever want to see my sales records I would be glad to show them to you. However, I have two of those DVDs left. If it is any consolation I will send you one. Just say the word.

Also, I have to say that Dobby's scan looks exactly like the VHS that we shipped out. They aren't faded. Unless he's talking about the "aging" that we purposely applied to the art to give it that "retro" feel.

Dobby, and anyone else out there, I stand behind my product. I believe that it was advertised correctly and that you received exactly what we described. However, if you aren't happy, why not email me? I haven't received any communication from you at all. Unless you are the same person that emailed the artist demanding the art work file. If so, I emailed you but still have not received a reply. Either way, I would be happy to work this out with you. Just contact me!

Everyone: I also run Texas Frightmare Weekend and we've made a great reputation for ourselves. I haven't ripped anyone off and I don't intend to start now.

Thanks, and if anyone has any questions please email me at loyd@texasfrightmareweekend.com.

10. Chomp

Damn...that's sad about Terry.

11. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Hi DEEPESTBLACK

Thanks for clearing that up. Further, I am very sorry to hear of Terry's passing. While I wished the artwork on my dvd could have been as cool as the one on your release, the movie was everything I was hoping for as a horror fan. I proudly display it in my collection and will cherish the fact that it was autographed by the man himself.

Good luck on this release. Will probably pick this up in my next order with Diabolik.

12. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

The picture I posted illustrates the quality of this fantastic product. The mutli purpose recycled paper really isn't as bad as it looks. :rolleyes: Anyway if any of you wish to buy this by all means go for it!

......good night folks!

13. DEEPESTBLACK

DEEPESTBLACK New Member

Wow, now I KNOW that you didn't open it. Dobby, why won't just contact me? I would be GLAD to give you a refund!

To everyone else, I STILL stand behind this product. If you buy one and are unhappy I will refund you as well!

14. Chomp

I opened mine....its on glossy paper...I think its the faux-Photoshop wear that makes it look odd. I have to say it does look better unwrapped...still wish it was the bigger "Disney-style" clamshell though.

All I care about is that my money went to the indies, I would never ask for a refund in that reguard.

15. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Dude keep your panties on relax this is a discussion. You remind me of Bill from code red in a good way! Yes I opened it took a good close look at it. It's definitely low grade mutli purpose paper with semi gloss. The ink played a huge roll in this as it's very poorly printed. The colors are way off and this does looks like a Kinko's screw job. Still people should know what they are buying.

No it's what you originally stated the ink. They definitely used a really cheap ink cartridge. The large clamshell packaging would have been a nice touch though. Deepestblack should just let us print our own covers. He did state someone asked that's not a bad idea! :evil:

16. DEEPESTBLACK

DEEPESTBLACK New Member

Thanks for the reminder to stay calm, GIANT, ALL CAPS, RED, BOLD FONT DUDE!

You remind me of the people that make doing fun stuff like this not so fun anymore.

And once again, as I replied to your original email, I am not obliged to send you the full high res file.

17. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah sorry Dobby but it seems like he is trying his best to work with you. I get you are upset that it wasn't quite as described but few companies would go out of their way the way that Deepestblack here has.

18. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Personally, I don't have a problem with the product. It was more or less what I was expecting, being a facsimile of a weathered VHS.

Besides, I couldn't help but notice the photo of the VHS on the order page, which gave me a pretty good idea of what I was paying for.

My only disappointment was that I didn't get in early enough to score a DVD--which really was the reason I got the VHS--but that was just a matter of timing.

19. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

I think DEEPESTBLACK is being more than fair

20. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I'm with DeepestBlack on this one too. It's great to see a company that has a genuine love and fondness for these often overlooked films and 'takes a by the fans, for the fans approach' to making them available.
    I've been disappointed by mail order companies too in the past, H&H Marketing in Ohio springs to mind, however they made good and DB seems to be going out of his way to be reasonable too.
    I'd rather give my money to someone like DB than the large studios that often shit out classic films on dvd in an assembly line fashion with no regard for the fans.