Never Hike Alone (2017) - new Friday the 13th Fan Film

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry Warden, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I just watched the finished short film. It's an ok reality type short movie. Put up with it till the end and you'll get a surprise I didn't expect.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Aside from the cameo at the end, this was pretty tough to sit through. I almost didn't make it to the end.

If you do force yourself to watch it for whatever reason, I would highly recommend starting at the 25 minute mark because literally nothing happens before then. Just a bunch of drone footage and some annoying hipster guy wandering through the woods. You can thank me later.

Can't say I'd recommend this at all.

4. ImmortalSlasher

I zoned out a few times as well because from the beginning I could tell they were setting up a reality type thing instead of an actual Friday the 13th movie. But I got where they were going with it like midway through. The part near the end is why I recommend checking it out.

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

Pretty good for a free fan flick, though it is true things are slow to get going. Awesome ending.

6. CPT HOOK

The sequel Never Hike In The Snow premieres tonight at 9PM.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It's refreshing to see others here didn't care for this. All I ever hear is praise and I really don't get it after having seen it. It's ok and has a surprising ending but I found it dragged and didn't like the found footage aspect.

8. CPT HOOK

This new one is pretty bad too, unless you're someone who wants a Friday The 13th film from the perspective of the cops and a grieving mother.

Not recommended. At least it's short.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. Christy

Christy Active Member

Yeah agree with you mate but I think you might enjoy this one.

10. Zombie Dude

Wow, that was even worse than the first one.

11. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Are they going to make more? It felt like an episode of a tv show, with no proper ending. I though we would get Tommy going after Jason etc.
    It's not great, but compared to most of the other crappy F13th fanfilms, I didn't feel like I wanted to kill myself afterwards ;)

12. ImmortalSlasher

I guess this isn't the snow Jason movie people wanted. Perhaps I'll watch this in the October month or wait for it to actually snow here to see if that helps the atmosphere.

13. Zombie Dude

I'm not even a huge fan of the way they portray Jason in these. He kind of acts like the remake version but is a zombie (black/brown skin). Makes things like the bow and arrow scene from this new one not work at all for me, whereas I think that same kill setup works great in the remake. Also find this mask super bland looking without any red accents.

14. ImmortalSlasher

I guess I dislike the remake so much that I'm struggling to remember Jason having a bow and arrow kill.

15. Steel76

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, but I never understood the hate for the remake Jason. Finally he was back to mongoloid human form, after being a zombie, demon and even a fucking cyborg.
    Remake Jason, and the movie itself, felt more old-school again.

Typical complaints:
    "Jason runs", he ran sometimes in the older films as well, until he became a teleporting zombie.
    "Jason built tunnels", no, he uses an old abandoned mine, to sneak around underground, Jason did NOT build the tunnels.
    "Jason takes a hostage", the only reason why he took the girl, was because she looks exactly like his mom (he might even believe it IS his mom), which we found out when they found an old photo of her, in Jasons room.

And by the way, didn't Jason take Chris, in the flashback scene in part 3? And what happened to Paul in the end of part 2? Guess it's not the first time Jason took someone.

"Jason protects cannabis", no Jason is just stumbling around in an area where some guy has grown plants, which Jason later kills.
    "Jason is too brutal", no MPAA made him "nice" by cutting most of the violence. Just check out the unrated footage. Even in the R-rated version of part 4, he's VERY brutal, even more than in the remake.
    etc etc.

Jason is back, killing a bunch of stupid teens, around the Crystal Lake area, old-school style.
    I bet if this movie came out in 1990, after part 8, and most of us grew up with the movie, everyone would have the same nostalgia for the remake.
    Can't believe people prefer demon and cyborg Jason, over the remake...

Rather watch the remake, than anything after Jason Lives. But too each their own, I guess :D

m@ggot, Natas and Zombie Dude like this.
  16. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

The remake is pretty awesome. For this main reason........it has Jason in it. :D

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  17. Zombie Dude

I need to watch the Killer Cut again, but I watched the theatrical version of the remake on Netflix not too long ago and quite enjoyed it.
    In terms of the big franchise characters Platinum Dunes got to play with, this one turned out the best.

Steel76 likes this.
  18. ImmortalSlasher

I watched the original maybe twice and Killer Cut of the remake hoping for a better movie. But I still can't and won't watch it anymore. I'm sure I posted a review around here somewhere. Or posted many times about the remake.

I do think cyborg Jason X is better than the remake. It's a fun movie. I thought I would hate it but I don't. Which demon Jason movie are you talking about?

19. Steel76

The thing in Jason Goes to Hell, that jumps from body to body.

20. ImmortalSlasher

Yeah I still haven't seen that movie in full yet. I've only seen the beginning and stopped at the morgue scene when the body jumping starts. Plus, bits and pieces like some of the tent kill. A jail scene. A scene that upset me towards the end where I didn't really want to watch the movie. I'll see it one day though.