Never Hike Alone (2017) - new Friday the 13th Fan Film

Discussion in 'General' started by Harry Warden, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Jason Goes to Hell is awesome. You just have to accept it for what it is..... A direct to video 90s lower budget slasher.....with Jason. There are some awesome kills and I love the ending.

it pretty much sets up Freddy Vs Jason

2. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

My main issue with JGTH isn't that Jason's hardly in it (and returns fully clothed when he is), it's the bounty hunter, Creighton Duke. What kind of dumbass gets offered a fortune to kill Jason then gets himself thrown in jail the moment he arrives in Crystal Lake, and that's for acting like a d--k to a cop. There's no way he'd have known he'd eventually have a cell beside the lead, he's just really bad at his job.

Natas likes this.
  3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Jason Goes To Hell wasn't direct-to-video, even though it feels like it could have been. It certainly grows on you over the years, but it's definitely not a high point for the franchise. I do love character actress Rusty Schwimmer though, so the movie has that going for it.

Even though Sean Cunningham directed the original, he never really got the whole Jason thing that took off starting with part 2, so when he came back around to the franchise starting with Jason Goes To Hell, I don't think he understood what the franchise had become or what to do with it. Hence, the naked leather cop shaving, I guess?

4. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I agree......that bounty hunter wasn't necessary but I find him pretty funny.

5. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member