New ads are up , lots from feb and march of 81.

Discussion in 'General' started by ronnie21, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

2. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Hahah I heart the final conflict that 9to5 AD next to it is laughable. LOL what is Roy Rogers I have never heard of that? After glancing at all your adds I have a theory on why movies suck now. Today's movies are over f'n produced too much spit shine. Digital film isn't helping either at all absolutely hate it!

3. MacabreFilms

MacabreFilms New Member

Thanks for these! I love 'em! How can there be so many great movies playing at the same time? These days, you're lucky to get one good one every few months. Talk about an embarrassment of riches back in the day.

4. ronnie21

the really cool thing about the ads back then. were the artwork was so cool, alot of times much better than the movies they promted.. Today. if a horror movie comes out. the entire young cast is all over the poster...

5. startide

startide Member

This.

I own a Bloody Birthday poster. Bloody Birthday is one of the stupidest horror films I've ever laid eyes on!!!! It's not inept, or "bad" as such. Just so mind bogglingly stupid! But the poster? A whole other story.

6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    good times! Love them ALL. MANIAC's ad was censored in my hometown as well. The SF Chronicle never even showed the feet - only the title font.
    SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE was another censored ad.

7. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Wow,talk about nostalgia ! It always blows my mind how there were so many double.even TRIPLE bills and a new film was often backed by a couple of reissues.A brand new slasher being supported by a 70's Italian horror pic and THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE ! Also fun to see some retitling.The 1970's Amicus horror anthology ASYLUM reissued by some grindhouse distributer as HOUSE OF CRAZIES.There was an ''anything goes'' attitude back then that I kind of miss.So much entertainment today seems so pre programmed,so safe.I miss stuff like this.You generally don't see films like this anymore in a theater outside of a specialty theater.Funny how "Grindhouse" became "Arthouse".

8. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Most of today's film makers are a bunch of film school rich daddy fucks. No talent No vision No style rich pansy mommas boys too.

Most actresses are only talented when they are on their knees. Put the 2 together and you have today's shit filmmakers.

9. ronnie21

so tired of all thoese 2 and a half hour comedies that are coming from that judd whatEVER HIS NAME IS. THE ONE THAT HAS SETH ROGEN AND JASON segel in all his movies. So sick of those ones..
    anyway. heres some new ads as of today. enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57086731@N05/?saved=1

10. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

God damn vcr's were expensive as [censored] back in the day!

11. ronnie21

dobby. ya know what else was expenisve back in those days!! Blank videotapes.. They went for like 15 bucks a pop. But they were made alot better than the ones in the late 80's..

12. ronnie21

13. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    1981 was a great year for collecting horror ads. I started when THE FUNHOUSE was released on March 13. May was a great month (Friday Part 2, Happy Birthday to Me) but summer was dry, the horror releases seemed to stop until Hell Night came out in Sept. (except Planet of Horrors and Screamers). However, it was 1980 that was the hard-to-get ads year for me. I was able to snag HALLOWEEN because I found a stash of newspapers at school in a crafts class. I'm still searching for those damn things.

14. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member