New DVD Release Of Carnival Of Souls

Discussion in 'Classic' started by cultfilmfan, Aug 9, 2004.

1. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

You make it out as if the Nelson commentary were an issue with me; it's not. However, now I have to ask, can you not play the commentary on the black and white version?

Furthermore, call me a Criterion whore, but just because they do a restoration, does that mean their transfer is better than Criterion's?

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Me too. I got the autographed one and I got it for Mike Nelson and thought it was funny as hell. If they do more of these, I will get them too. Besides, It isn't like I set fire to my Criterion disc, so it is all good.

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

I'm sorry if it came off like I was trying to disagree with you and say that this is a better version, it is not. I was simply stating that the company putting it out also said they had restored the black and white version. Also, my whole comment about the Mike Nelson commentary was simply stating why I had purchased the disk. I have my other copy of Carnival of Souls for quality, I only bought this one for the Mike Nelson factor. I hope that clarified my point, this is definitely not the best version and if people want the best they should spring for the criterion release.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

It's all good Tom. I'm just a bit of a purist, and sometimes have a thick skull about it. Maybe that keeps me from really seein' exactly where people are comin' from sometimes. You were only mentioning the merits of the new release, not discounting the Criterion one. My bad.