New Friday the 13th Boxset!!

Discussion in 'General' started by spawningblue, Aug 8, 2008.

1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Looks like they are re-releasing the boxset to coincide with the new movie. Here's hoping we get uncut versions of the movies now that Paramount is seeing all the hype for the new movie!!

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=7255

What else do you think would make the boxset complete?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  2. rhett

rhett Administrator

An "I love the 80's!" CD? Or perhaps they go the Anchor Bay route and just add in a Jason mask.

Paramount will never release these movies uncut, because honestly, there's little return for their work, because everyone will buy these movies regardless. Even the staunchest of complainers will still pick up the films because, well, it's that or nothing, and fans wouldn't settle for nadda. It's too much work, the source material is of varying quality and I'm sure there's licensing issues when you're taking cuts out of a shoe box from the director's basement. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just hate seeing everyone get their hopes up.

If they're pumping out a new box set, I wonder if they'll bust out a new MY BLOODY VALENTINE. Uncut. :D

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

They'll probably do just like they did with the Godfather (to coincide with the video game), and just re-release the same thing with a new paper back cover.
    Uncut will make me buy it (all films, not just the first), I don't think anything else less than hour or so of new deleted scenes could. Not getting my hopes up.

4. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I have a feeling that they will finally release the first one uncut, they have to....right???

5. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

^^ that would make my day!!!

i want all of the films UNCUT (especially 1,2,and 4)
    it want to see 3 in 3D. (that would be cool!!)
    ooh, another great addition would be if they put the audio commentary from F13th part 1 R2 DVD on this set!!

i would buy that any day!!

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Part 7 seems to be the one that was the most heavily cut - atrocious! Whata bunch of dummies!

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the gore in 1, 2 and 4, but 7 is a tough watch with all those cuts. That's the one movie that would really benefit from the uncut treatment. With all the footage Buechler apparently has, I wish Paramount would get off their righteous asses and do it already!

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Paramount and F13? It's a toss up. If they actually had the balls to release some uncut versions, it would be great...but I seriously doubt it.

9. YES! At this point I'd demand uncut versions of ALL the films with director's commentary. Otherwise what's the point of even having a new box set... Part 3 in actual 3-D would be incredible (that even doable? i remember hearing about 3-D vhs versions back in the day that required some kinda special tv or vcr setup). And it UBER pissed me off that part 5 got absolutely zero attention or recognition in the special features. No interviews or anything. I WANT MIQUEL A. NUNEZ INTERVIEWS DAMMIT! AND A GROWN UP CRACK ADDICT REGGIE RECKLESS! YAYEAH!

10. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

Well...

Parts two,five,and seven are the most heavily cut with six and eight not too far behind. The thing about eight is that they shot multiple versions of each murder, so they went with the least gory versions. That's why it doesn't cut away like "New Blood" does. "New Blood" only had gory takes, so they chopped the fuck out of it.

At least Friday the 13th parts two, five, six and eight still have gore. Seven was robbed of it. However, I'm more interested in parts two, five and eight because that footage has NEVER been released. Part six had some deleted footage on Paramount's dvd set, but it was FAR from complete. If you want to see what was missing, "The Crystal Lake Memoirs" has tons of stills of deleted gore.

11. Dave

Dave Pimp

3-D playback on Part 3 exists, but for a price.

http://home.q03.itscom.net/nsa/vhd.htm

Pretty much worthless considering the age of the discs and I believe they are P&S. Still, apparently the system is quite amazing on the 3D side of it.

12. Clayton

Clayton New Member

I have a horrific "3-D" version I pulled off ebay that looks really close to this and it was just awful, ruined the image with hues and it was blurry and soft to the point that it was just a barely "3-D" mess.

13. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

At the very least they could use the original Poster art for each film this time.

But even that is probably asking too much...

14. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

They'll screw this up somehow. I still have all of the individual releases and it would take something good for me to depart with them.

15. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I think this will just be the same shit as the last box set but with a new sticker slap on the cover. If there is anything new, it will be a trailer for the new movie. Remember folks, this is Paramount, so do not get your hopes up high or don't even get any hope for that matter.

16. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I bet this will be all the F13 / Jason films in one set (New Line and Paramount are working together with the new film, so why not!), that documentary that's being made regarding the whole series (similar to Halloween 25 years of terror) and perhaps a ticket to see the new film.

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

will probably pick it up anyway

18. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I haven't purchased the previous set due to it not being uncut. From what I've heard, the Australian version of it is uncut. Anyone have this to confirm it?

19. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I have the previous box set, and unless these new releases are uncut I don't see the point. The special features disc is pretty cool.

20. BoredSeal

BoredSeal New Member

Is there any petition for releasing all movies uncut? Damn, if they miss even this business opportunity, they deserve JasonĀ“s visit! :(