New Friday the 13th Boxset!!

Discussion in 'General' started by spawningblue, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Regurgitate

Regurgitate New Member

Is it really that big of a deal to get like 3 seconds of extra gore restored to some of these movies? Part 7 was the only one that seemed excessively pruned to me. I've only watched part 8 a couple times and that one seemed tame, but it also sucked.

I got the F13th Blu Ray and thought it was great. The framing did not interfere with my enjoyment at all. Can't wait to get the rest of them once they go Blu.

2. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

and hopefully an awesome bonus disc to go with it.

3. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

Part 8 would've been better if it were uncut.
    one film that also was lacking in gore was part 5.

4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Actually, I think it's just fine the way it is. :D

I honestly think the film wouldn't be as intense as it is if they made the killers more bloody.

5. I agree, as Part VIII was heavily edited, once again. Damn MPAA inforced cuts, grrr! Rob Hedden talks about it in his commentary track on the '04 boxset (by the way, even though I don't agree with everything he says--such as he claims that for the first time he wanted to enject some much needed humor into the franchise with his instalment--hmmmm, one wonders if Paramount ever screen'd Part VI for him? Probably not. But still a dman good listen if you care about what chould-have-been-better films had they not had budget restraints back in the day), and to hear his side of what he was artistically goin' for.)

Yeah, Steinmann says that over 47 seconds of grue was cut out, and that's also why they had to do many off-screen kills. So yeah, it was edited to shit as well. Supposedly Part V is pretty much the series high point, or what have been, for tits & stage blood. Just noting ...

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I heard there's a 2 hour version of Part 8. That would be cool to see.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

For some it is a big deal. I've never really cared much one way or the other if a film was cut by a second or so of gore...if it didn't actually hurt the plot or flow of the film.

Certainly, I would always like a film to be fully uncut, but I'm more concerned with films that are heavily edited, i.e. missing minutes of footage.

8. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well I was watching Part 2 last night and that was badly cut. Almost every death suffered from trimmings. I hope the footage for that exists.