NEW Friday the 13th TV SHOW COMING!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Buechlers_beard, Apr 24, 2014.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

From IGN:

...(showrunner Steven Long Mitchell) describes the upcoming CW series as a reimagining of the classic 80s slasher that – rather than focusing solely on "a guy with a machete chasing girls in tube tops" – takes a more "sophisticated" approach as a horror/crime thriller.

Boy, they sure know their audience don't they?

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Lol - that doesn't sound too promising - but at the same time they had to do something for a series more then him just running around chopping people up - not that I wouldn't have minded. Just not sure this is going to work

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

If we're talking Encore, Showtime, hell even FX, I'd agree. But CW? I can't see anyone giving a shit. I'm making an assumption here, but don't Friday the 13th fans just want to watch Jason wreck havoc on Camp Crystal Lake when idiotic albeit attractive people hole up in the cabins? Do we really need anything other than that? I'm not a huge F13 fan, so perhaps I'm in the minority.

4. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

This is going to he a colossal failure. No one who is a fan of Friday the 13th is going to be excited about that approach. Amazing how clueless these producers are. At least we have an Evil Dead series coming which looks amazing.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I just read an article about the upcoming Star Wars film in which Simon Pegg (a die hard fan) was utilized in making the film. He wasn't a yes man like Rick McCallum was to Lucas in the Prequels. I realize that it's premature, but after watching the trailers for the upcoming film you get a sense that they "get it." The producer's of this TV show are not fans, just executives paid to appeal to as many people as possible by saying it's not like the films, having Jason alone will bring along the die hard fans.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

atleast we still got a new friday the 13th movie coming in 2016

7. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Count me in for one who is a long time fan and is excited for this series. After what we've been through I think the fact that this is being approached with a sense of reverence means they want to tap into that mythology that made the original 3 films so fascinating. We already had a straight up reimagining of cliche Friday the 13th in 2009 and it left a lot to be desired. If they aim to please fans of show like True Detective, AHS or Fargo I think it could be really cool.

They haven't stated that Jason will be possessed by a demonic worm that robs us of his presence or float around in space with holographic dinosaurs so I think we should all be thankful for that at least.

"Remember... Don't you remember, Jason? Remember..."

[​IMG]
    (Long time "fan" of the series)

[​IMG]
    Behold, a legacy to protect against the likes of CW!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

The interview quotes don't make it sound good. It reminds me of the Halloween remake that focused on Myers and showed the origins of a serial killer. It was on last night. I watched parts of the opening and just couldn't believe they made this movie. They already did the real Jason with the remake. It seems like they will continue that path of thinking with this TV show.

9. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

They should try and work out something with Netflix's or HBO and have 8-10 episodes that form a large story/film. I can't see it working or being good if they're going for 25-odd episodes. I wasn't liking how the current plan sounded so I'm not too disappointed it's been scrapped for now.

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

“The FRIDAY THE 13TH series is still percolating and we’ve got a very good handle on how we want to do it. CBS and The CW both said “yeah, that’s good!” I don’t quite know what I’ll do there, but I’m really looking forward to it because it’s, again, taking this thing that appears one way, but you can do it this (other) way too, and really keep it interesting.”

- Sean Cunningham

http://www.blumhouse.com/2017/06/02...update-on-upcoming-friday-the-13th-tv-series/

Go to link to hear interview at bottom of page. (Jump to 1:03 to begin Sean section)