!NEW! Horror MGM 3 Disk Set!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by r_burgos2003, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

The best ever would be American Werewolf in London. That's being re-released at a possible lower price in August.

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Thanks for saving me from typing this! Ditto!

3. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Exactly what I have too.

Too bad, good deal.

4. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Oh, so that's got the Howling SE then? I missed that the first time. :) Hmmm... all I've got so far is The Fog. DDD has this for 32.62, by the way.

So anybody wanna buy The Fog from me, or trade me a juicy Criterion for it? ;)

5. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

:lol:

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--Maybe this is just me (and in the wrong place to bring it up), but I can't make it past the first half hour of The Howling, so I'm not worried about the SE of that one.--

Nah - I have the same problem, saw it recently, got bored!

The box is okay. If I never had the movies I'd shift it to the lower rungs of my wish list. But The Fog of dull, Carrie is great, and The Howling is a bit boring...... So, it's a low want.

7. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Dude, The Fog is kick ass! You're talking crazy!

8. Blade

Blade Guest

What a lame excuse for a box! That's just a cardboard holder for those dvd's, and that sucks! I want a real box with a special cover and something that you can unfold or something, but that box is just lame. Great movies though:)

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--Dude, The Fog is kick ass! You're talking crazy!--

Heh heh. I can't even trade it --LOL--

Seriously, I cannot fathom why people like it so much. I've been saying this a lot lately (Halloween III, Howling) but this movie just does nothing for me. Actually, it's quite bad.

I love the Fog itself - I love the atmosphere it givs the town - but the story is just silly, and the end anti-climatic (makes me laugh). Pity :(

10. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Better be carefull, those there are fightin words.:fire:

11. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Me to. I was going to get The Fog for 10 dollars but now I'm gonna wait and Get all three. YaY. :banana:

12. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

already have Carrie SE (still havent watched it) and The Fog.. dont have the howling but i dunno if its much of a film anyway..

yeah i dont get it sometimes either.. like take futurama for example.. season 1 and 2 are out here in australia.. theyre like $80 each... theres 3 discs in indivdual cases with a cardboard box... or you can buy each individual disc for $15... now call me crazy but are they charging $35 for the cardboard box (that would cost about $0.05?) some boxsets are a joke

1st point: having a box set that you have to pull out and dismantle in order to take the discs out is a pain in the ass! (like the rambo trilogy.. or sleepaway camp etc) i much rather them be in individual cases.. for me a box set is good coz its a cheaper way to buy a bunch of movies.. and theres generally some uniformity between the titles too.. however as i said above, sometimes boxsets areny always cheaper, and in that case theyre pointless.

2d point.. I never enjoyed howling as a kid, to be honest i couldnt tell u a thing about it because it bored me to tears as a kid.. Howling one of the best werewolf movies ever?? no way!! Teenwolf and Teenwolf Too all the way!!
    :lol: :lol:
    the fog is sucky, i'll never understand why people like it so much

to steal some simpsons humour...

"You couldn't make a suckier film on the suckiest day of your life if you had an electrified sucky movie machine"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2003
  13. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

Ha, when Anchor Bay does this, most of you rip on them, yet when MGM releases these, some of you are excited! Hogwash! Some of you are being hypocritical, MGM cannot lace Anchor bays awesome box sets, (Anchor Bay KNOWS how to do a box set right, cannot weait for their Drive in disc set) plus 3 overrated movies just doesn't do it for me. HOWLING was a el stinko, and glad I got rid of it when I first bought it. CARRIE is a snooze fest, except for the ending, but watching it now, its cheap and lame, THE FOG was o so slow, some recent non horror DVD from Anchor Bay was better than these films!

14. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Good point. But we like it because of the ones we don't own. Almost every horror fan has carrie, the fog or the howling....we like the cheap prices and the unchanged disks (features and specs)

15. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I agree with the people that think this id pure crap. Who gives a shit if they're in a box? They're the same movies.

16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

That's the same exact thing that AB is doing.

17. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

And Anchor Bay puts it on one double sided dvd correct? MGM justs makes a new box and bam. But it's a little more affordable now in a box set. A little.

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

To each his own I guess. The double-sided format allows them to price them cheaper too. At $15-10 a pop how can you resist. Especially since the only one I own is Hell of the Living dead and I'm thinking about selling that if I buy the Hell of the Living Dead/Rats DVD.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I usually just get boxsets if they're a little bit cheaper then purchasing them all seperatly, and only if I want them all.

In this case I want them all and don't own any so it seems like a good buy to me.

20. Nilbog

Nilbog Guest

Is this out already?what is the street date?It's not really a bad idea to release these in a cheap boxset.It's a perfect giftset to those just getting into dvd or as a gift for Xmas/Halloween.It's also a way to make people buy the same disc twice but us savy dvd buyers know better.