New Label "Panik House"

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by dwatts, Jul 18, 2005.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

http://www.panikhouse.com/

I read somewhere that NoShame was made up of ex-BU employees. Well, here's another ex-BU employee stretching out on his own, this time to put together another asian label. Check it out. Titles coming:

Bangkok Haunted
    Omen
    Pinky Violence: Japanese Bad Girl movies

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

As long as they do quality releases, I say the more asian labels, the better. I read up on all of those releases and they seemed like movies I might want to check out (rent first...even if Omen features an asian boy band :) ), so seems like they're off to a good start.

3. logboy

logboy Guest

first two pinky violence release are end of september (27th - 'sex and fury' 'female yakuza tale', boxset of pinky violence is november 15th. artwork for first two revealed, and i would link you to it but its at the site i write for... oh well.

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Ok, I just watched and loved Sex & Fury. It was a great release and just an all around fun movie to watch. I am now curious about their other titles. Female Yakuza Tale is a no brainer to try next, but has anyone tried out or know anything about the other movies? I am very interested in The Pinky Violence Collection , as it sounds just like my cup of tea. Any insight at all would be appreciated.

5. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

I've actually seen Girl Boss.

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Care to share any thoughts about it??

7. DeathDealer

Give me a couple of days. I got alot of homework lately. I'll be in the clear zone during the weekend.

8. DeathDealer

Girl Boss:

I really enjoyed this one. But, I feel the main differance I noticed between pinky violence movies and girl boss was that their was not much use of blood in GB.

But, when blood did come into the film, it was brilliantly done, with style and all.

The climax I felt was very weak, showing it's B-MOVIE quality status.

The direction was good not great, and the same thing goes for the acting.

But, neverthless I do reccomend this film, It's not SEx and fury, but it's just as fun.

Another thing I liked was the unqiue camera angles the director kept using to keep the film fresh.

And lastly, like all pinky movies, it's loaded with T&A action. :banana:

8.5/10

If you have any other questions regarding the film, just let me know.

I can pull some screenshots for you guys if you want.

:)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  9. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Thanks a lot for the review DeathDealer. That sounds like a lot of fun. If it delivers the fun, I am there. I am now even more interested in this set. I can't wait to see it for myself.

10. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

Also released on PanikHouse is Bangkok Haunted, which I checked out late last night. A three part anthology which is moody and creepy, but never scary. At 2 hours and 10 minutes I must admit BH is slightly overlong and a little confusing, but for Asian horror completists there might be something here for you. The third segment was directed by Oxide Pang and was my favorite. The packaging and extras are excellent, and I will continue to support PanikHouse in the future. So far Sex & Fury is the best release from this fine new label.

11. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I work at a movie/music/book store in Washington, and I recently saw that we're renting out Girl Boss, Sex & Fury and maybe one other that I can't remember. I'll have to give this a go.

12. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Anyone interested in these kinds of films should check out Hanzo the Razor series, which can now be bought in a boxed set of the 3 films. Lots of sword play, over the top sex and violence, un-intentional (or maybe intentional..?) humor, great stuff.

13. logboy

logboy Guest

pinky violence collection trailers :

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/003946.html

all four in quicktime (large or small). as with previous ones, the quality doesnt match that of the transfers on the DVDs (which are a lot better). enjoy. oh, not safe for work.

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Oh wow, thank you so much logboy. Those trailers are fabulous. This set looks to be even better than I imagined. It is definitely coming home to casa onebyone.

15. Noto

Noto Guest

Yes. I'll be all over this like Richard Simmons on a treadmill.

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Oh man, that Pinky Violence set is mine when it comes out!

17. onebyone

onebyone Guest

It was mentionned here that the set was pushed back until 12/6/05. If true, that sucks as I planned to get it at the DDD sale. However, it won't deter me from getting it. I am pretty stoked for this release.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  18. logboy

logboy Guest

is it a production of the set / audio cd / packaging thing? either way, ive seen final discs of them all and written reviews - not a review reader, but i can see some value in wanting to see reviews before a purchase : the trailers were good enough for me...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

DVD Empire canceled my pre-order for the Pinky Collection, I hope it comes out 12/6 because I'm very excited about this release. I hope the push back was worth it, but if they need that time (or more) I'm happy to give it to them.

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Since last night, they updated Panik's site to say 12/6, so it looks like it is still in the pipeline. No clue as to why though. Oh and logboy, can you link your reviews of those? I would love to check them out.

The site also says that the first pressing with the cool packaging of Sex & Fury is sold out, so better grab that one if you see it.

I got their Bangkok Haunted and Omen release en route. Now, I just need that Pinky Violence collection. Damn it.