New Label "Panik House"

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by dwatts, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Noto

Noto Guest

I love this. Thanking before being even acknowledged. You got moxie, kid. Since you closed so well on that, here are some pictures taken from my most fabulous Nokia 6600. Mind the shitty quality, and the messy desk. It's a dark area and the maid was out today.

[​IMG]
    This is the front of the totally awesome Trapper Keeper style case.

[​IMG]
    This illustrates how the first two discs are packaged (the first one is not present, as it is in my player) as well as the front of the permaglued in book.

[​IMG]
    Glossy = Good (Informative too)

[​IMG]
    The last two discs, as well as the area where the audio CD would sit if this were a retail copy (That is the cardboard sleeve on the left)

[​IMG]
    The sexy back cover.

BONUS PICTURE!

[​IMG]
    This is the LaBatts that I am not only currently enjoying, but will also enjoy when watching Pinky Violence. An American, drinking Canadian, watching Japanese girls. The new millennium is a great thing.

BONUS PICTURE II!
    [​IMG]
    Is this Blade? I don't know, but this Daywalker was more than happy to pose for me the last time I took my cousin to Peter Piper Pizza.

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Thanks for the pictures of the set (although not so much the Daywalker). That set looks so incredible. I want it. I want it so much. Pinky violence in a glossy pink plastic 80s looking trapper keeper. Do DVDs get better than that?

3. Noto

Noto Guest

Hey, any person who happens to be drunk and fighting little kids with an inflatable sword in a public place is worth taking a picture of.

That shit's more elusive than Bigfoot.

4. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Thanks Dude!!!

Question: Is the set able to stand up by itself?

I plan on like displaying it on top of my shelve.

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

That set is a beautiful, beautiful thing. The trailers certainly make the films seem promising. :)

6. Noto

Noto Guest

[​IMG]

Sure does!

7. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Thanks to this post of yours, I knew not to expect scares from Bangkok Haunted, and I think that really helped me to enjoy it. I say that even though, yeah, it could have used some trimming down and some focus in spots.

The first story didn't really connect with me, but that could have been because I got confused with a major plot point early on and that pretty much sank it. If I put my head on right, I may like it better on a second go around. The second was packed filled with cheese and camp, and I thought it was a lot of fun to watch. Not high art, but fun all the same. The third, which was like Asian horror meets CSI, was my favorite of the bunch as well. It was clearly head and shoulders over the other two.

As an aside, I want to be friends with three women telling these stories. They were not on screen long, but they were awesome.

I am also happy with the packaging, the extras, the subtitles, and just everything about the disk. This label has impressed me so far.

Now, I just need my Pinky Violence set to ship.

8. DeathDealer

I think I'm gonna order it from amazon.

Any final words on this mofo?

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Hooray for Canadian beer!

10. Noto

Noto Guest

I haven't watched all of it yet, but Girl Boss Guerilla is worth the full retail of this set.

11. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

I just picked up Sex & Fury and Female Yakuza Tale the other day for about $7 a piece (Hasting's was having one of their "buy two clearance rentals, get one for a penny" sales [the third disc was Amityville Horror '05]). Both were in flawless, practically-untouched condition and included slipcases and sticker inserts.

Watched Sex & Fury today and hot damn was I impressed! If FYT is half as good (watching it tomorrow), I'll be getting that Pinky Violence box as soon as possible.

12. DeathDealer

I would have bought the same deal, but they had taken the discs out of the clear cases and put them into black amary cases over at our hastings.

Were your dvd's like this?

13. Number Six

Nope. Clear slipcases over clear amarays. Though, I'm intrigued by the so-called "special" packaging for the first 10,000. Any pictures of these? Anybody?

14. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

My Pinky Violence collection shipped today from DVDplanet!

15. MorallySound

Look on the page before.

16. MorallySound

Just finished watching Sex and Fury. Amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

17. DeathDealer

MY boxset just came!!!

IT KICKS ASS!!!

EASILY THE BEST BOX SET OF THE YEAR!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

18. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Holy hell this Pinky Violence Collection is gorgeous. I love the design; it's just perfect. I am so happy to have this and can't wait to dive into it this weekend.

19. Number Six

Right. Am I missing something? I see pics for the box set. Sorry if I'm just being dense.

20. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Glad to hear this set is good, I really should pick it up.

As an aside, Rue morgue have a five page spread on the set in the current issue. However, the film that seems to get the greatest kudos is called "ZERO WOMAN-RED HANDCUFFS" - which was also released on DVD around the same time. Anyone seen that?