New Miramax/Dimension Blu-ray Wave from Echo Bridge

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Katatonia, Mar 25, 2011.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

watch from dusk til dawn echo bridge blu last night i thought the picture quality looked really good

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Hellraiser: Bloodline / Hellraiser: Inferno Blu-ray double feature is decent...I guess. Both look good in HD, but not exceptional.

Both films have DTS HD Master 2.0 audio.

Hellraiser: Bloodline is 1080p

Hellraiser: Inferno is 1080i

The bit-rate isn't too high, both films take up 23.3gb on a single-layer disc.

No features at all of course.

Oddly, the disc ID shows "FROM DUSK TILL DAWN DOUBLE" :lol: Sloppy a little?

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

My Bloodline blu is currently shipping from Amazon. Don't care for Inferno so the double feature didn't interest me. I do wish some other company would have gotten the rights though.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Rewatched From Dusk Till Dawn Alliance BD the other day and it is visually stunning. The audio wasn't nearly as bad as I recall, I just let it be loud so I could hear almost everything (think a line or 2 gets lost no matter what). It do be bumping the new sub I got a lot and heavily. Maybe it's because my first watch was with a smaller, completely blown out subwoofer (that I thought the sound sucked ass). Now I got DaddyBOOM!!!

Still not a great or perfect mix, but if the music and effects are supposed to be that loud, then it is what it should be.

The fact that Hellraiser BD's say Dusk Till Dawn is no surprise to me. What would shock me is a rave review stating EB has brought us a pristine 1080p transfer with DTS Master HD 7.1, and all the old dvd features along with a new commentary (for any title). That would probably stop my heart at this point in time.

5. fceurich39

any stores selling these i read kmart might be i checked on of the 2 stores no dice but the other one is alot larger

6. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

7. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

But it's with anything if you do the work it shows, if you half ass it people will know. I could see if one person was saying they suck but quite a few. Like they say proof's in the pudding.

8. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

I dont think theres any doubt they suck. But even a broken clock is right 730 times a year.

9. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I understand that but my point is who gets into business to suck?
    I know I wouldn't want that kind of reputation for my company, here come buy are products even though they suck.

10. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Theyre cheap rip off artists. As long as they keep costs down and enough people either dont know or dont care theyll make enough money to keep going. Theyre like asian sweatshops cranking out knock off designer purses.

11. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Which is wonderful but the asian sweatshops don't have 5 to 10 different review sites calling them on it.

12. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Still making that dolladolla!!!

Shit I even bought that EB 4x with Curtains in it. It was cheap and I wanted to see it. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

13. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I don't blame myself & I'll tell ya why. I love these films & what so much to see in the best possible light which is in hi-def. I do however blame Miramax for using Echo Bridge who has a reputation for being cheap to put out these that I & others love so much. The sad news about this is that everybody knows unfortunately this is about as good as these films are ever going to look unless some other company steps up to the plate. So the question is do we sit & wait for that to happen or do we settle for what's out there & wait for that to happen, bitching the entire time?

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'm personally holding out. I'll hold onto my DVDs until real releases come along not these might as well be bootlegs. it might be a while but why promote this company for their lackluster efforts? Also, it saves you your hard earned cash for Blu Rays that actually have some effort put into them.

I'm still waiting for Warner to re-release their Interview with the Vampire Blu Ray as it is the only other known Blu Ray I know of out there that has worse audio then the DVD. If it takes years then so be it.

15. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

As am I, I have yet to buy anything from the Echo Bridge/Miramax partnership that & besides if I wanted stuff like that I would just buy Alliance.

16. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

This whole From Dusk Till Dawn Blu-ray fiasco is so frustrating. Some people are saying that Echo Bridge Blu-ray is pretty good. This new review even says that it trumps or, at the very least, equals the Alliance Blu-ray. Others are saying that the Alliance disc blows it out of the water (despite hearing about audio issues). I don't care about features. I've watched all of the features on the Collector's Edition DVD, as well as listened to the commentary. I'll never watch them again nor will I ever listen to the commentary track again. All I care about is the A/V quality. I wish someone like DVD Beaver would do a side-by-side comparison.

17. fceurich39

i would get the EB version it looked really good i thought and it isnt very much i hear kmart and best buy stores should have it the only thing screwed up on it is rebecca gayheart from part 3 is on the back cover art

18. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

Thanks. I wonder if the quality suffers on the double feature disc. They shoved both movies on a single layer BD.

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

20. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I might grab the Hellraiser and Children Of The Corn blu-rays. I will probably hold off on the Halloween and From Dusk Till Dawn ones.