New Miramax/Dimension Blu-ray Wave from Echo Bridge

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Katatonia, Mar 25, 2011.

1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

It's already made me run to Allianace twice. 3 times if you count The Faculty, which I'm sure EB will also fuck up soon. If I cared more about the Halloween sequels it would be 4.

I may've bought an EB dvd back in the day, but nothing from this partnership. If anything, the partnership has me looking for old dvds or other regions. Decent reviews for the Hellraiser flicks at least, too bad they are my least favorite of the series. I'm not trying to boycott or avoid EB, it's just working out that way.

2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I watched Hellraiser Bloodline today and wasn't impressed. The picture quality is all over the place. Sometimes it looks really good and others it looks really shit.

Plus since I've read the original script, every time I watch this film it makes me want to see a producers cut. Why couldn't the rights have gone to a company that could make that happen?!

3. Midnight Boy

Midnight Boy New Member

Return of the Living Dead 3

Hmmm .... I wonder which studio has the right to release Return of the Living Dead 3 in blu. Echo Bridge?

4. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

God I hope not!!!! Then you'll never the uncut version released in north america.

5. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I'm purposely boycotting these guys. Like I've said in the past these films deserve better than this. So I'll wait & hopefully one day they will be treated better than this.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Lionsgate still owns that film. I don't think they've ever really licensed their titles to other studios.

7. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

It would a shame if they did but it would nice to see a blu-ray of Return of the living dead 3 uncut. Hell for that matter it would nice to get a blu-ray of return of the living dead 2 with the original audio. You listening out there Warner?

8. evileye

evileye Member

Has anyone come across a review of Children of the Corn 3-Urban Harvest?

9. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I haven't, but I was wondering if echo has the rights to children of the corn is part 2 coming out on blu-ray?

10. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Echo Bridge released part 2 on DVD, so they do have the rights. But I've read the image quality is fullscreen and looks like a VHS rip. So chances seem pretty slim that it will be headed to blu-ray, assuming this is the only transfer they were provided with.

But you never know... it's possible.

11. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

It would be a shame if it. but then Echo's transfers haven't been great anyway so they might as well. Now if they just released part 4 on blu you could get the whole set.

12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I was confused by their logic. They released part 3 on it's own, then a double feature with 5 & 6. So will they release a double feature with 4 & 7? Seems like it would be more ideal to have done 4 & 5 and 6 & 7.

Haven't seen reviews for 3, but the only review I found for the 5 & 6 double feature said 5 looked good while 6 looked awful.

The Children Of The Corn and Hellraiser sequels are the Echo Bridge blu-rays I want to pick up (since I don't already own them on DVD). But I can't bring myself to buy these yet until they have figured out how exactly they are going to release them all.

13. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

When I first heard that Miramax was bring out of these series on blu-ray I was stoked. Alot of these are my favorites like the Hellraisers/Children of the corns/From dusk til dawns/Dracula 2000s/Prophecys/Crows. But with them teaming up with Echo Bridge I'm not so sure.

14. bigdaddyhorse

So far I think the only positive thing I've heard about any of them is that Hellraiser: Bloodline looks better than it's non-anamorphic dvd counterpart, but just barely! Oh yeah, 1 review said From Dusk Till Dawn does look and sound good, but most others disagree. My question: Is it over yet?
    I really hope this all falls through before they get to the Prophecy. That film needs a good SE, so underrated it's a shame. The sequels I can live with or without. Talking monkeys amuse me, but they never got close to the chilling magic of the first fim again. I fear if EB puts it out, it will be the last we ever see of it. I mean, the dvd is 12 years old, non-anamoprphic and has only got one cover change in that time (they removed the "widescreen" banner). I think there's been 172 Evil Dead releases in that 12 years!

Oh yeah, reviews for Crow: City of Angels were so bad, I ordered the dvd from swapadvd. It looks better and has extras, too bad the film still sucks! Perez cannot act, poor story, but pretty to look at.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  15. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

I agree with you whole heartedly Big. Prophecy is an awesome movie that deserves better than what it's gonna get from Echo Bridge.
    I didn't mind the sequels especially the first 2 but I know what you mean.
    I wish who ever owned the rights to the first Crow would bring that out on Blu cause that would totally make my year.

16. ehorner

ehorner New Member

While it hasn't been announced yet, I've heard that Lionsgate is releasing The Crow on Blu ray the 1st week in September.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/5324/thecrow.html

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  17. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

ehorner you're awesome!!! That's the kind of stuff I like hearing. I'm stoked now....

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  18. bigdaddyhorse

Interesting sighting at Best Buy today.
    All of these they have are $7.99 this week, and there's new shit.
    I saw Dracula 2000 which is as bare-bones as any other EB release, but then I saw Don't a Menace to South Central while Drinking Your Juice in the Hood. It's the director's cut like the last dvd, and has all the dvd features! That's the good news, bad is specs say 1080i and 2.0 stereo sound. Still, the first BD with features. No idea why this title out of all them, but maybe there is hope. Perhaps they've been hearing the murmers and bitching online, and are doing something about it!

19. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

I'm happy to hear that! :)

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's a black thing. :D j/k