New Miramax/Dimension Blu-ray Wave from Echo Bridge

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Katatonia, Mar 25, 2011.

1. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

Agreed...
    Coming into this, I was more concerned with Mill Creek getting into the Blu-ray game... but they've been turning out veritable gems when compared to EchoBridge. :eek2:

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Also, has anyone noticed how cheap some of Echo Bridge's recent Blu-ray covers are? There's been subtle white "fringing/bleeding" around the outside edges, like it came from some cheaper mass-printer.

And really, how much does it truly cost a studio these days to release double features with 2 Blu-ray discs? Hell, I bought a Mill Creek set of 2 Blu-rays for just $5 several months ago.

The retail prices on the Echo Bridge double features run around $25, which isn't exactly cheap. Even Warner's Blu-ray double features generally run under $20 retail now.

3. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Anybody else smelling rip off artists?

4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I picked up Bloodline yesterday and now just got done watching it. I think it looks pretty good, all things considered. It's definitely not something to show off HD, but it's a decent transfer and the audio sounded pretty good as well.

I hate the fact Inferno is not available as a stand alone. I really enjoyed that sequel and would rather get a blu that has a 20GB transfer opposed to a 12GB transfer. I'll wait for awhile to see if Echo Bridge, by some odd chance, decide to release it as such. I highly doubt they will, but with this company, who the fuck knows. They released Halloween 6 and H2O separately, and then as a double pack.

Added:
    I just sent Echo Bridge an email about Inferno and a few others regarding possible future blu-ray releases. If they reply back, I'll post it on this thread.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

7. Katatonia

The audio is solid being lossless, but it lacks that occasional "whoomp" that the old 5.1 audio track had on the DVD.

BTW, I have an extra new/sealed copy of the Hellraiser: Bloodline Blu-ray up for sale or trade.

I ordered one for $7, and the dummies sent me two...and told me to keep the extra one. This has been my week for free stuff! :eek1:

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The most shocking thing a couple have some special features!

So far this wave of EB bd's has me filling my swapadvd wishlist with the old dvds which these are replacing. It's like a checklist of old shit to go get each week! Wrong ratios, wrong colors, wrong wrong wrong! Miramax used to mean/be something, now seeing the logo on a bd means look for the dvd. Worst business move ever, at least quality-wise. Hope they both lose so much money from these sub-par shitfests that EB disappears and maybe Disney will see the error of the cheap way. No fucking way I will buy any of them until I see something I want, with good reviews.

9. Katatonia

Except Disney no longer has anything to do with the Miramax back catalog. :evil: Disney were a little smarter though, and licensed some of their lesser titles to Mill Creek...who've done a better job.

10. bigdaddyhorse

I thought Disney still owned Miramax, Dimension and all the other stuff. If not them, it must be the Weinsteins?

11. Katatonia

12. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

All echo bridge DVDs & BR titles are fucking $19.99 + more now at worst buy WTF!?

13. bigdaddyhorse

WTF indeed?
    I was there yesterday and didn't look at dvds, but every single EB bd was on sale for $7.99, and every single one has a $9.99 normal price tag on them.
    Your store is off the grid or something, I did see EB bd's for $19.99 at Meijers or Target, pretty sure it was Target who was jacked up.

Don't pay more than $8 for any of these releases. I plan to not pay more than $.08 as I won't support shit, and that's all EB has served so far.

14. blu

blu New Member

Hell yeah! That's how I feel about EB too.

:fuck: 'em!

15. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

So the other day I sent Echo Bridge this email:

Greetings!
    I am emailing you in regards to your company's recent acquisition of Miramax titles. I have a few questions.

1) Will the movie "Hellraiser: Inferno" be released as it's own Blu-Ray release? It is currently only available on blu-ray as a double feature with "Hellraiser: Bloodline" (a title that Echo Bridge as released on it's own).

2) Will "Hellraiser: Hellseeker" and "Hellraiser: Deader" be released on Blu-Ray soon? And if so, will they be available both as stand alones and as a double feature? (I really hope stand alones are available)

3) Will "Children of the Corn 2" be released on blu-ray?

Thanks for your time and hope to hear back soon.

Today I get this response:

Thank you for your interest in Echo Bridge Home Entertainment blu ray product.

The best way to stay up-to-date with current and up and coming releases is to check our website, www.echobridgehe.com

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    Echo Bridge Home Entertainment

I wasn't too thrilled with their generic response. I then sent this:

um, yeah. If your company just sends out automated generic responses rather than answering a few questions perhaps you should not even bother. You just lost a customer.

A few hours later I got this:

At this time we are unable to answer your question, as no release date has been set for the title you are inquiring about.

i.e. – Hellraiser: inferno – Hellraiser: Deader – Hellraiser: Hellseeker – Children of the Corn 2 on blu ray.

The best way to stay up-to-date on our current release is truly to check our website.

Please accept our apology if you found the first email to contain insufficient information.

Sincerely,

EBHE Customer Service

I wonder why they just didn't say that the first time!?! I find it puzzling a company doesn't seem to have a game plan with these titles, but then again, this is Echo Bridge we're talking about.

16. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

My thought is cause they don't care, cause if you look at the state of these releases they're not doing it for the fans.

17. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It doesn't seem likely. I haven't seen the DVD, but I remember reading they used a fullscreen VHS rip for the transfer. If that's is all they have available, we probably won't see a blu-ray. This could also be a possible reason why Miramax never even bothered with a DVD.

Keep in mind, these are just assumptions. I don't have the facts.

18. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Yeah but that wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

19. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i guess the new hellraiser hellworld blu-ray has the special features ported over from a review i seen at dreadcentral

i also heard a rumor that echo bridge might be releasing godzilla vs biollante dvd and blu-ray

20. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Just got Hellraiser: Hellworld. I found a third party seller on Amazon selling a new copy for $7, so I had to spring for it. The V/A is actually pretty solid. Not demo material or anything, but for an EB blu-ray, it's really good. There were a few scenes not up to par, but for the most part, it was pretty good. So at least EB is improving. They also ported over the behind the scenes featurette and audio commentary. However, the blu-ray sleeve still looks like it was printed on something from the early 90s. lol