NEW Resident Evil Trilogy

Discussion in 'General' started by thrashard76, Aug 7, 2005.

1. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Bloody Disgusting - I received the following scoop from The Rotten Cadaver:

"Hey guys, I've got a really exciting scoop regarding Screen Gem's three upcoming Resident Evil sequels. That's right -- I said THREE...

An assistant script reader over at Sony contacted me this morning regarding War of the World's scripter Josh Friedman's contribution to the franchise. Apparently, he just wrapped up writing a new trilogy to the series that will lead the films into new territory (ala what Capcom did with RE4).

Although my insider was only able to read the opening seventy-six pages of the first script, he tells me that there seems to be a lot in common with these sequels direction as to that of the newest game title. Unlike what was reported a little over a month ago (a Japanesse setting), the first of the trilogy takes place on an island of the coast of Europe where strange things start brewing after a luxury cruise ship vanishes near the land mass. Series regular Clair Redfield comes into the picture when she recieves an unsigned note of which appears to have been written by her missing brother Chris. News of the doomed ship adds fuel to her search, leading her to the above mentioned location. He also notes that only a few "breathing corpses" were mentioned in the screenplay, and that the usual RE beasts (such as lickers, ceribus', hunters, and tyrants? and the Alice character were nowhere to be found.

Remember that this is just a rumor until confirmed. Hopefuly we'll have further confirmation and more news in the coming week, so watch this spot.

Resident Evil 3 was originally announced to be called Afterlife with principle photography planned for November or December.

2. Mattster

Mattster Guest

This idea is missing a chromosome.

3. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

I've gotten kind of attached to the Alice character. I could care less if the ideas follow the game to be honest. I want Alice, in ever shorter skirts please.

4. Damed

Damed Guest

No Alice, no sale.

Sounds like a Resident Evil movie in name only.

5. Noto

Noto Guest

Sure, they can do this trilogy... AFTER I get my Milla Jovovich packed Afterlife. IF they colclude that story with no cliffhangers, then I will embrace a new trilogy.

Which should also have Milla. Hell, every movie should have Milla.

6. CubeOfTheDead

CubeOfTheDead Member

Hopefully this half baked idea stays a RUMOR.

And as for afterlife, I hope more of the characters from the video games are in it. The original characters are crappy.

7. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

This idea of a new trilogy dosent grab me. I particularly don't like the idea of having Clair in it as she is a winey little bitch. They should just make Afterlife then leave it alone. And I hope they bring back the sexy Jill for Afterlife. She was damn hot in Apocalypse, even hotter than Milla. Also hope they bring in more characters like Leon, Chris or Wesker. Just not Clair.

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I haven't played any of the games since Nemisis, but I remember Leon being more of winey bitch than Claire!
    Chris was cool, but Jill is the shizzy in the games and the second movie. More Jill, fuck a bunch of Leon.
    Judging by the end of part 2, I'm not sure I like where this is all going though. If Alice is some kind of Umbrilla project, then it's like pissing all over the first mvoie and most of the second.

9. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

Sure, in RE2 Leon was a bit winey. But what else can you expect from a young rookie cop who's first night on the job is interrupted by a zombie apocalypse? Then on top of that he has to team up with that bimbo while she "trys to find her brother". Damn, that woman is enough to give anyone a headach. He should have busted a cap in her ass. :p

On a side note bigdaddyhorse, you really haven't played any of the games since Nemisis? Damn! You really need to check out RE4 man. If you don't have a Gamecube don't worry because the PS2 version comes out on 10/25.

10. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Damn I hope that rumour is wrong. That movie actually sounds pretty boring to me. I too love the Alice character from the first two movies and think that Milla has a promising career as an action star. So she must come back for any RE movies.

I also liked the possibilities presented with the ending of RE2. I'd like for them to finish the story up.

11. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

As long as we get some good blood-caked zombie/creature flicks out of this, I'll be satisfied. I personally would like to see a sequel based off of RE4. If they could pull it off that would be one sweet motherfucker.