New Trailer: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The beginning, and site!

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitfire, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

New Line has revealed the new trailer for the new,

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The beginning.

YOU CAN ONLY SEE IT between 10pm till 4am.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/tcm_thebeginning/

The film's official website has also updated with wallpapers, the history and new photos.

http://www.texaschainsawmovie.com/

Directed by Jonathan Liebesman, the horror-thriller stars Jordana Brewster, Andrew Bryniarski, R. Lee Ermey, Taylor Handley, Matthew Bomer, Diora Baird, Heather Kafka, Marietta Marich and Terrence Evans.

The origins of the legendary horror character Leatherface will be revealed in the film, set years before the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

It's 3:25 here... why can I not view the trailer? :confused:

I can tell just from the website that this film will be shitty. I don't want a fucking history of Leatherface. He was scarier when you didn't know anything about him.

3. AM Ryan...and that's a fucking stupid gimmick..I'll go watch the Wicker Man trailer and see that film instead...the trailers up all day

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:nervous:

I haven't seen the trailer for this but I can already tell The Wicker Man will be much more entertaining. :lol:

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Word.

6. MrVess

MrVess Guest

http://images.apple.com/movies/newline/tcm_thebegining/tcm_thebegining_h640w.mov

Not that I intend to download it, or watch this drivel when it is released... Although it would be difficult for it to be any worse than the remake itself was.

(An hour or so after the above, I read that this had been perpetrated by the individual previously responsible for "Darkness Falls". That is even more reassuring).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  7. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

the trailer is also in front of the Omen remake. I'm glad they are including a "dinner" scene in this movie, as it was sorely missed in the last film.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  8. OK maybe I will see that...maybe.

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I'll see it.

10. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I'm interested.

11. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Saw that today and this trailer was there. I think it looks pretty sweet and will definitly see it. Of course I'm not one of the many haters of the remake so that could be playing into it.
    It also had The Descent trailer, which I'd have to compare to the one on the UK dvd, but it seemed about the same via memory.

12. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

if you showed this to most people they'd think it's just an alternate trailer for the first remake, this looks so much like TCM2003, but i sort of enjoyed that, so i am kind of looking forward to this

13. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I saw the trailer for the TCM remake in the theaters (I believe it was in front of FREDDY VS. JASON) and thought, Wow. That might not be so bad...it looks a little cool, actually. The joke was obviously on me. It is the advertising department's job to make even the worst movies look like Must-See films.

I won't see this unless I hear A LOT of fucking amazing buzz on this site to support it. Then, I'll Netflix it.

14. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

more of the same slickly produced bullshit that was the TCM remake.....STAY AWAY......FAR FAR FAR AWAY!

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I seen this new trailer. Now I have a problem. What Beginning???
    All this looks like is a remake of the remake of the original. And considering R. Lee Ermey and every other character from the remake are in it and DON"T LOOK ANY YOUNGER. I ask again WHAT BEGINNING??? You would think the origin/beginning would not include Leatherface, or at least he would be a kid.

"This will be the definitive Chainsaw movie. It answers all the whys"

Oh yeah, ok so this movie is going to tell me why this crazy family kills and eats people. And all this mind by taking place about 3-4 years before the original takes place. So what they are basically saying is that after all the years in their life, they just suddenly decide to start doing this crazy stuff. The whole entire family. Yeah, that makes sense. I always felt there is no need for an explaination. It just is, and thats it. (I really don't care to see the family basically beating and humiliating Leatherface, and them letting him loose, who cares) Just like this upcoming Friday the 13th movie. Another origin movie. Which if they stick to the word "origin" the whole movie should be about a summer camp and a boy drowns. Thats it. It's will be very boring, whats the point.

We'll see...........

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  16. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I will go see this. I enjoyed the remake as i did the dawn remake. I just try my best to go into it not remembering the originals.

17. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Since this will obviously spawn a sequel, I wonder if it's going to take place after or before this "Beginning".

If the "Omen" remake does well, I wouldn't be surprised by the latter. "Lil' Leather"! The origin of evil! See his first adorable tiny chainsaw with its little rear safety wheels!

The title could be a problem, though. What can you put in it that's earlier than a "beginning"? "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Big Bang"?

Anyway, if the sequel to this prequel is going to be a prequel rather than a sequel, then will it be a prequel to the prequel or a sequel to the prequel? Is a prequel to a prequel a preprequel or a seprequel?

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

After reading this twice, I need drugs.:eek:

19. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Actually (and thank God for this), this project has been canned. So don't get your panties in a bunch for nothin'.

20. shift

shift Hot as shit!

let it roll!!