New Trailer: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The beginning, and site!

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitfire, Jun 6, 2006.

1. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I didn't like the remake in the least so I will more than likely not see this.

2. badnewsbrown

badnewsbrown Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  3. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I looks just like the remake with a new disposible cast of 'teen hotties'. Honestly this series just needs to die, its turning (if not already) into another F13 franchise, where its the same thing everytime only with new faces to kill.

And whats' with the "limited late night viewing" angle, is it some kind of marketing ploy to make the trailer seem more extreme or something? Didnt really work with the 'suitable for all audiences' tag at the start...

4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

actually the late night thing has to do with the MPAA. i read that on some site tonight, but can't remember where off hand.

5. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

I'd say that the only two things this probably has going for it are Jordana Brewster (hot piece of ass) and David Schow (decent writer).

Finally got around to watching the TCM remake, and it was pretty much ass all the way.

Just kind of forgettable all around... the only scene that really stuck with me was when Leatherface was wearing Eric Balfour, and his girlfriend saw him. And Erica Leerhsen is also a nice little piece of ass.

But in the end, it was just more over-produced new-horror dreck, all slick and glossy and MTV-ready. It's funny, that we have a generation who grew up on the 70s horror movies (Dawn of the Dead, TCM, Halloween), but when they get behind the camera they seem to have forgotten what was that made those movies work. They didn't flinch, they didn't wink at the camera and let us in on the joke. There was a sense of desperation to those movies, they never pulled back, never reassured us that it was just a movie. There weren't stylists dressing the actors in expensive fashions, hairdresses just off the set to keep their hair in place, set decorators adjusting every goddamned little leaf... all of the hyper-stylized nonsense that keeps reminding you that it is just a movie.

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

oh yeah, the time thing was from the AICN site:

the 10pm to 4am thing isn't "a stupid marketing ploy." Actually - it's all New Line can do. You see, the MPAA rated this trailer GREEN BAND - which means it can be shown in front of all films. Well... that's true, except because the MPAA feels that maybe this trailer is too intense - that they issued special instructions to New Line telling them that they could only show this trailer before R-rated films (even though the green band means it can play in front of all films) and that it could not play on the internet... at all. Apparently - New Line went back to them asking that they please be allowed to play this trailer online - and they reached an agreement that it play only from 10pm to 4am. Cuz kids don't stay up late during Summer Nights. Apparently - the MPAA realized that this green band trailer was actually for an R-rated film. So they've decided to further penalize a film that falls within their own rating system and then hit them with a narrow margin of accessibility to their audience of ADULTS and kids that their parents can choose whether or not to take their kids to see this film... SO - is this the first step to the MPAA banning R-rated material... which of course they're not doing, they're "merely and advisory board." but this is a babystep in the direction of making R-rated films unable to compete fairly in the marketplace and forcing studios to make financially sound decisions to castrate films that were designed, conceived, but unable to reach a majority of adults' eyes. I don't know about you, but frankly this pisses me off something fierce. A policy like this can only lead to self-censorship and the neutering of cinema.

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

All the more reason I will continue to support almost all R-rated horror films, even remakes.
    Then again, a prequel to a redo does make this an original in some/many aspects, so quit dissing it using the remake card! It's borrowing nothing but concept as of now.
    Now give me some motherfuckin' snakes on a motherfuckin' plane!:D

8. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

You could have easily fooled me into thinking that was the trailer for the first one (the remake, that is). Did this new director just decide to blatantly rip off Nispel's style on the first one? I'll probably still go see it, but it ain't lookin' too good from where I stand. Hopefully a longer, better trailer will surface soon. Christ, even the kids look exactly the same as the previous film's.

9. onebyone

onebyone Guest

This was on The Omen, and I thought the trailer looked really good. I liked having the style of the first trailer in this one because I think the trailer for the first remake was fabulous. I'll be seeing this one, no doubt.

10. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Unfortunately, I saw the Omen today (I can take a remake if it adds something new to the mix...i.e. Hills Have Eyes, and even the TCM remake IMO...but this was pretty much EXACTLY the same...WTF?!?!) Anyway, I got neither the TCM or Descent trailers before my showing. I do admit I was suitably horrified to the point of being nauseous for previews for some piece of snail shit about a rough street-dancin' white boy rapper rebel that hooks up with a ballerina to participate in a dance contest, and another cinematic bowel movement from the Wayans clan involving one of the CGI'd down to midget size to recover a stolen diamond. If you think the state of horror is hurting, take a look around at some of these other movies being puked out upon the public!

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

[​IMG]
    I grabbed this still of Leatherface here for ya all from the HD trailer.

12. Spitfire

Spitfire Suspiria

Nice! HD-quality.

13. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Homages to a better film have been spotted in the poster.

[​IMG]

14. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Kitty Chainsaw Meowssacre!!!

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So I gave The Beginning a watch last night after not having seen it for some time. It's still a decent film with some great gore gags and an ok story. What did stand out to me this time was how stupid Chrissie is. Every time she's around a known danger she almost steps out from hinding and right into it. I couldn't help but not feel sorry for her when she goes back into the house at the end. So many stupid decisions.

Time to revisit the remake in the next few days too.

16. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

There are no decent films in the New Line remake stable.

However, the last film (3-D... unless they've made another since then) was at least entertainingly stupid.