News of 4K Restoration of Suspiria

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Harry Warden, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

By year’s end. Lol. They weren’t kidding. Almost down to the last second.

Hope mine arrives before the holidays. :)

~Matt

othervoice1 and Zombie Dude like this.
  2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

othervoice1 likes this.
  3. Stige

Stige Active Member

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

5. Stige

Stige Active Member

I'll give it a try then , not sure if I am ever going to buy a 4K player (even though my TV is 4K and my reciever supports it).

The 4K release would be too expensive after customs and fees in Norway.

6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Going to see it tonight at midnight. It played here in October but I missed it. Good thing, it was at a crappy multiplex that doesn't even bother to change the masking for scope films anymore. Much more excited to see it at an old single screen theater.

The screening of the recent 35mm Italian print is supposed to happen this month too, but it's still up in the air. I have no problems seeing this movie twice in a month.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Wow. That really was a thing of beauty. I sat up pretty close to take it all in, and the sound was turned up pretty loud (this theater is not known for state of the art sound and it tends to be on the quiet side). I brought two friends who'd never seen it before, and one really dug it.

Only complaint is that it had the Italian title sequence. Not usually a big deal, but I love the English, solely for the "You have been watching 'Suspiria'" at the end. Something about that seems like a really odd thing to put in the credits, I never could quite put my finger on it. I just love it for the off-kilter nature of it. Anyway, I know it will be an option via seamless branching once the Blu comes out.

Can't wait for that Blu!!

8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

FINAL update (according to Don May Jr. himself) on Syanpse Suspiria Pre-orders, etc.

Snippet from Facebook before the text from the link:

"SUSPIRIA - The Final Update, direct from Don May, Jr.!

Please read to get all details on shipping and current ordering status. All your questions will be answered here!

If you placed an order with DiabolikDVD.com or Hi-Def Ninja please direct your questions to them and not Synapse or CAV. Thank you."

http://synapse-films.com/news/suspiria-preorders-holiday-break-news/

"Hello friends of Synapse Films!

As you may have noticed, the pre-order for the SUSPIRIA Limited Edition Steelbook has been removed as of today, December 8, 2017, from our website. During our last count of pre-orders, we noticed we are close to sell-out status. In order to make sure we do not oversell the product we have taken the item down from the site.

For those of you who still wish to purchase the Steelbook from Synapse Films, you will have to call us direct at 734-494-3502 to check availability on any remaining stock we may have. As of this writing, there are still some available from other online distributors if you chose to order elsewhere.

Many of you have asked about the shipping status of the SUSPIRIA Steelbook. Orders for the SUSPIRIA Steelbook placed directly from synapse-films.com are being shipped by CAV Distribution, from their South San Francisco warehouse. At the time of this writing, all items associated with the release are being inspected, packed, and assembled by CAV, in preparation to begin shipments to customers some time next week. It’s important to note that the orders will be shipping in the order in which they were approved/received by Paypal. If you ordered on August 25th or 26th, for example, you’ll probably be receiving your item before those that ordered in the later months.

Those of you who ordered via phone from our order representative Jerry Chandler will have your items shipped direct from our office. Local folks have already been contacted via phone about picking up their items direct from our office next week.

The street date of the item, set by Synapse Films, was always December 31, 2017. There is a very good chance you will be receiving your item before then. All shipments are prepared to Synapse Films’ specifications, so if you’ve ordered any of our other Steelbook releases, CAV assures us they will be packed with the same great care to ensure safe delivery.

PLEASE NOTE: Synapse Films’ offices will be closing for the holiday break on December 15, 2017. During this time, we will not be open, and calls and messages to our office may not be answered until we return on January 2, 2018. Any orders placed via our website will be filled shortly after we return. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your CAV SUSPIRIA Steelbook shipment during the holiday, please contact CAV Distribution at (650) 588-2228, or email them at: sales@cavd.com.

SUSPIRIA project contributors will have their copies mailed to them as soon as we return on January 2nd.

Many, many thanks for your patience and understanding as we prepare the final stage of our release of SUSPIRIA. Those of you lucky enough to have seen our 4K master theatrically know the care and quality of the transfer already. Those who have not seen it yet are in for a treat! We are extremely proud of this release and are eager for all of you to see it."

zbinks and othervoice1 like this.
  9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  10. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Apparently, somebody at CAV has been burning the midnight oil as I got a shipping notice from them about 4 hours ago.

othervoice1, Katatonia and Angelman like this.
  11. roderick

roderick New Member

i got my shipping notice too and i am excited as hell.it seems ridiculous for a man my age but i just can't help it.i should have it next week.my plans are to drop it in my player and proceed to get drunk as shit.

12. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

As did I!

othervoice1 likes this.
  13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Don May Jr said CAV would be shipping these out in order of who placed their order. I placed mine within half an hour of the preorder going live back in August and still no shipping notice when others who placed their order last week got shipping notices yesterday. So that clearly isn’t how they’re doing things...

Good to know that it is starting to ship out though.

~Matt

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I got a shipping email from CAV about 8 hours ago. The tracking number still just shows "Label Created, not yet in system" however, so it's probably just in the process of being shipped.

zbinks likes this.
  15. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Yup, that's just the reality with the post office in December. My SNDN package......label was created and there were zero updates till 30 mins before it arrived on my door step, 10-11 days later lol.....just something to keep in mind.

16. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I'm not aware of any Canadians having received a Stamps.com shipping label notice. I wouldn't be surprised if CAV has a separate work process in place for orders going north of the border. Those orders will probably require a little more individualized attention, thanks to the customs paperwork.

That does bring up a question, though. Did Synapse make any promises regarding "customs friendly" shipping? I'm not sure what CAV's normal protocol would be, but if they document the full cost on the customs forms, CBSA is probably going to be looking for their handouts.

17. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah, I'm kinda like "what the hell?" as I got in on it in less than 2 hours. There's reports of people putting in fresh orders and getting almost immediate shipping notifications. :mad::mad::mad:

:p Not that I'm really complaining. A similar thing happened with the Halloween Haunts Blu-ray which I placed my PayPal pre-order in as a Friends/Family exchange instead of a PayPal full fledged order. And then they admitted that while it gives them more money, it's a bit of a pain to work through, so they did the regular orders first and the Friends exchanges last. So they got more money up front and kicked me to the back? :confused: Some friends... ;)

But they'll get Suspiria to me relatively soon (and what I see above is not necessarily so below), and once I get this it'll probably sit around awhile anyways (as I just saw it in theaters) so honestly it can take a day or two more. :cool:

18. MorallySound

I'm in Canada, and mine has shipped. Got my shipping notification from CAV at 4 AM this morning. I did order on the day they went on pre-sale so they seem to be going in order of orders placed.

19. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I got my shipping notification this morning too, but they’re not sending them out in order of who placed theirs first. People have been getting shipping notices since Wednesday and I placed mine within like half an hour of the preorder going live and people who ordered in November had theirs ship two days ago.

Regardless, at least they’re finally shipping. Hopefully mine arrives next week.

~Matt

20. MorallySound

With the amount of people following the Synapse Suspiria release it wouldn't be surprising that a ton of orders were still placed in the first half hour of the pre-order so shipping out in order would still take time, or they shipped national orders first and international orders second (which would make sense for prepping orders). But looking forward to the release finally arriving.