Nicest Horror Star You've Met

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Grim, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Lol well I'm more pro than con. It looks fake sometimes, but overall it does more good than harm.

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:eek2: :bs:

3. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Well if you're not going to be a traditional SFX artist that is...

4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

That is most likely the problem I'm sure. I'm not saying that she actually copped an attitude with any fan in particular, but you definitely could tell she wasn't glad to be there.

5. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

I've met Greg Nicotero at two cons now, and he's the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Extremely approachable, eager to talk about anything, and he comes off like a true genre fan, like he should be an attendee rather than a guest.

Ken Foree was really nice too, but I kinda picked up a salesman-type vibe from him (I'm only being nice to sell more of my product-attitude). Still, he was very talkative, and had a pleasant demeanor.

6. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I see the CGI topic has arose again. I'm not Anti-CGI, I think it has a purpose. I think it's great when they use it for stuff like Lord of the Rings (the huge battle scenes, Gollum, etc.) Those scenes would've cost millions of dollars. But I'm totally against it being used for Gore, transformations, explosions, etc. It can be done with traditional special effects, it HAS been done (The Thing, The Fly, An American Werewolf in London).

Back to stars, another one who was really nice was Michael Berryman, he took the time to tell me about the Hills Have Eyes since I had never seen it before.

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I totally agree with you, Jon. CGI is great for battle scenes and other stuff that would be nearly impossible to do with traditional effects. But for stuff like in horror films, traditional is always the way to go, for me anyways. :)

I also agree that Micheal Berryman is awesome. He let me get in a picture with him and I didn't even buy anything from him! That makes me upset now, since I really love The Hills Have Eyes, but he'll be at Horrorfind this year, so I get to meet him again! :banana:

8. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I've met Tom Savini a few times, and it's always a pleasure! The first time I ever met him was, of course, at a convention. I was riding the elevator down from my hotel room and he got in. I just looked at him and said "Tom Savini"? He was so cool. He was like, "How are you doing, good to meet you." Like what was already said, he always acts like a fan of the genre, more so than a part of it.

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, he's awesome too! :banana::banana:

10. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I have to relate this strange event that happened to me today. I was outside Borders enjoying a smokey treat and when I walk back towards the entrance I notice a strange little fellow. I look fully once, then performed a double-take at which the weird man said "How are you?" I swear to you now that it was Dominique Pinon, why the hell is he in Arizona I have no clue, but as you should know that there are no other prople on earth that look like him unless this was a clone ( ;) )

[​IMG]

This guy is unmistakable, seriously it could be no other person on earth. And he was with an equally odd-looking woman who resembled a cross between pre-death Karen Carpenter and Pink Flamingos-era Mink Stole. That alone should authenticate my experience. I never bothered to ask, but we shot the shit for a second or two. Seemed to be a cool guy.

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Dude, he rocks! Loved him in Amelie. ;)

12. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Asia Argento who I consider a Goddess. Got a photo with her and she lipstick-stained my face when she kissed me. Now that fucking rules.[​IMG]

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

:eek: :cool: :glasses: :cry: :sperm: :banana:

She fucking KISSED you! How cool is she?! :glasses:

14. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Does she smell?

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Damn you to hell you lucky little cunt.:D

16. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Sorry dudes,

I thought she was not cool, but smoking HOT.:evil: She was flirty and joking around...it was awesome. :banana: