"Night Child" and "Exterminators of the year 3000" coming soon from Code Red!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Jul 3, 2010.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Is that Mr. Lee in the photo. that cracks me up. I don't mind so much - it's almost Troma like. I just want the darn film (and trailers :) )

2. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I don't get the infatuation with Lee Christian on the septic discs. It's very lame and I mean...Velvet Trap...Quadroon...ok, I guess those make sense, but Night Child? I just find the Septic cinema choice very poor...oh well...

3. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

I was trying to do a SOMETHING WEIRD type label since Mike stopped releasing these mondo films. I released VELVET TRAP from the original camera negatives since this film was in SW's want list. The dvd bombed bad and I see why SW stopped and moved over to DVD-R.

Now the problem is that I have two SEPTIC CINEMA menu and a contract that i use each of them 5 times. It's pay or play. I have to use this menu somewhere or I will have to pay $1,000 for each time I didn't use it.

NIGHT CHILD is a project that I was sitting on for the last 2 years. Johnson never showed up to Los Angeles and other problem occured (several messed up telecine on the release) that made the release a pain in the butt.

Since I got two problem, why not put them together. this is why NIGHT CHILD became septic cinema.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The Exterminators of the Year 3000 DVD is indeed 1.33:1 Pan & Scan, and looks about like a VHS transfer. I don't know if this was the best transfer that was available to Code Red from the licensors? It's nice to see the film finally, but this really begs for a widescreen release.

There is an audio commentary and interview with Robert Iannucci, and a trailer for the film.

5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Pan & Scan? :(

It was shot in 2.35:1 so the croppings is going to be pretty bad on this one then :(

There is an German DVD out there called "The Executor" that is still cropped, but only into 1.78:1, so the cropping isn´t as annoying as a full 1.33:1 crop.

The Code Red disc is on the way and should drop in on monday. Hopefully the cropping isn´t just locked to the center of the 2.35:1 frame (typical of old VHS cinemascope crops), and that they actually did some panning from side to side so important things stays in picture.

I hope we can finally get a full 2.35:1 version in a not to distant future, IF the source material still exists.

EDIT: Don´t go for the German disc!! Just read that it´s missing some decapitated head rolls and a dialoge scene.
    So this Code Red disc might be the only full uncut version out there. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  6. wago70

Oh....:eek2: I just ordered this. Not so sure about this purchase now...:confused:

7. Undeadcow

Undeadcow New Member

I'd like to donate some modest funds to Code Red to not use the "septic cinema" menu, can this be worked out or are things futile?

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They didn't reuse it on the Exterminators DVD, so that's good at least. :eek2:

9. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

That's freaking lame dude seriously lame. Not my kind of movie but VHS quality in pan & scan wtf!

10. wago70

It's definitely my kind of movie and...I'm not sure...Pan n' Scan for a 2.35 movie? Oh dear...

11. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

What is the meaning of this?! Has Bill suffered a mental breakdown? Is he venting his frustrations? :(

I've defended Bill on more than one occasion, as have other people here. Constructive criticism and consumer feedback is one thing, but some of the criticism directed at Code Red has been venomous, personally directed, and in poor taste. I can understand why that would get to Bill. But this menu? Come on... Code Dead? A bitter comment on the financial state of the company? I bought this release to support Code Red... Should I take it personally that I get poop thrown in my face when the menu opens?

And if it's fecal theme is a comment on the quality of the movie itself, I'd venture that Horror High (or perhaps Night of the Dribbler) deserved it more. ;)

I am still thankful for all the obscure titles that Code Red has brought us (my personal faves being Messiah of Evil, The Unseen, and Sole Survivor), but this makes me sad...

12. Beastus

Beastus New Member

Bill has explained the reasons behind these menus probably 10 times already.

13. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

They should have used that menu on the Exterminators DVD instead.

14. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

It's difficult to catch every message in every thread. I wasn't aware that there was a known reason, so I apologise for my comment.

A search did turn up the needed info. An unfortunate predicament, as that is a disaster of a menu, not worthy of a professional release.

15. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

The fact that Horror High's trailer selection is titled "Pointless Trailers" made me kind of go...wow...CR is letting the trolls get to them. I mean, be proud of what you're doing.

16. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I picked up Terminal Island and really enjoyed the movie. I love the cover art and the DVD menu would have been very cool if it wasn't for one of the convicts head's being replaced with that of the guy on the Septic Cinema menu (apparently his name is Lee Christian). I'm not completely up on all the controversies with Code Red but I assume this is an inside joke. I figure it might irritate me less if I understood why Lee Christian is on the DVD menu for Terminal Island. Can any fill me in? thanks

17. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

The Lee Christian thing has been discussed in this exact thread, so just go through all the previous posts and you'll get your answers.

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

hopefully redeemer doesnt have that menu i rather just have no menu like the primal rage dvd which it might have

19. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I've read this entire thread twice I didn't find where it says who he is and why he's in the DVD menus.

20. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator