Night of the Living Dead (1990) - Twilight Time 10/09/12

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Jun 9, 2012.

1. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Impressive, How did I miss this before?

I have the TT BD and it looks like shit! Hate it. Even conversed with Tom Savini about it and he thinks it looks great....WTF!

Would love to get this corrected version :)

2. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Well what we did I guess really wouldn't be considered corrected lol, we just agree with everyone else that the TT version is just flat out way to damn dark! even for a horror movie lol, but the theatrical version which is also included(we did not want to pull a George Lucas lol) is just the opposite, way to damn bright! so what we did is make the video kind of in between and to us this now looks more like a horror movie and is our preferred version, here is an actual comparison of what we did, I think this also what we have on the BD.

https://vimeo.com/54107372

3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Hey Sweeny Junkie - how am I full if shit? I just responded to Dobby's post with a light-hearted question. Dobby is a girl by the way. Maybe if you paid more attention to the board and less to self-promoting you'd recognize that :p ;)

In all seriousness, I did PM you about this a while back and thought you told me the same thing - one day there would be a downloadable version - which is fine. I would hope no one would expect a free 50 GB Blu sent to them. I would also assume if you could download the film there would be a scan of the artwork.

4. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Every single thing pictured or mentioned is available, as I said all the files are present to do everything yourselves, we do not skimp on anything we include all that a Fan would want or need, damn, I must be self promoting again, but it is not self, we are 4 people that do this for you guys in our spare time.

anyone interested in what we do and what we have planned just PM me and I will give you the info on where you can read all about it and even join in.

Thanks to those for the kind comments, we really do appreciate it very much, it helps us keep going on these when they get really frustrating, hell some of these projects take a very long time to do, but any ways, Thank you!

5. Mutilated Prey

There you go, now you're playing along :D

I look forward to this one for sure. But if you could print out the artwork for me, cut it so it perfectly fits in the case, then maybe use a printable BD-R for the actual movie and send it over to me that would be great :evil:

6. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Stop riding his dick (yes i'm joking) he is not making BD-R's dingleberry. Also for the record I never asked vdjunkie for free shit. If anything I offered top dollar on his work and he said "NO". Also in vidjunkies defense these are very expensive to produce so I do understand. Like he said these are available for download just contact him. Keep in mind he gets aggravated and pissed very easily so ask him polity and kindly.

7. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

lol it is not that I get pissed easily, it is that we put A LOT of time and effort and care into all these projects we do, we cover all bases from video to audio to artwork and everything in between, I have been doing projects like these for years for all, but this is not my main Forum for info, I have done Star Wars projects, then went to HD2DVD projects of films not yet on DVD, well it just made sense to go to the next level and start doing BD projects that either the Companies have fucked up or there are no plans of releasing, well at least for now, like Fright Night Part 2, True Lies, Sheena, Swamp Thing Uncut, etc.

BD50's are very hard to do trades unless I have extras, now BD25's I can trade all day long, when I got the PM's a long time ago for some of these I probably was anticipating them being BD25's, well we have to much on it plus 2 versions of the full length film! so we had no choice but to author up a BD50, and 1 thing we will not do is sell! we will trade and such but we will never sell! we want no money period!

Thanks

8. Mutilated Prey

Oh Dobbarella - the :evil: was sarcasm. Yes, you see how how he get all pissy and curt with his capital bold font :)

9. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

Sent you a PM.

10. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I cleared out my PM box because of to much crap, so if you want any info on this please send a new one, this has been fully tested now and all is good to go.

Thanks

11. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

12. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Damn!, that looks incredible. Who've I gotta kill to get one of these? :cool:

13. thing

thing Well-Known Member

If I remember it got some pretty so so reviews

14. Dbone

Dbone New Member

Looks amazing! Good work.

15. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

16. Franco

Franco Weekender

Rednecks are evil?

17. HorrorFan24

HorrorFan24 New Member

Watched this a couple days ago after getting the 50gb disc I ordered last week. These guys do an awesome job. Way better than the TT release. The menus and the amount of extras are incredible. I also have their FN2 release. As far as all the complaining by some as to the availability of these releases. I didn't have a BD burner, media, or the printer to print on the disc. After seeing not only the hard work but quality of the package they put together. It was an easy decision to purchase the necessary equipment. If your a true fan you'll do the same. It was definitely worth it for this fan.

18. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Thanks a lot for the kind words, we are super glad you like them, keep your eyes open there are a lot more coming!

Oh and I want to make this clear, I get a ton of PM's on this but I want to say it here in the open, we are NOT a company, we are just 4 guys that are big fans of movies like all the rest of you here, this is why we do not sell, I cannot afford to print and burn and ship these for all, believe me I wish I could but I simply can't, my art guy has really made some very nice extras for the Team that I would love to share, like mini lobby cards for those that received the Fright Night Part II BD, also mini lobby cards for the Sheena BD that is just about done and much, much more cool stuff, well I just had to say this so please understand.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  19. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

So I finally got ahold of a copy of this masterpiece. Maybe the movie's not a masterpiece, but this package IS! This is what the anniversary disc should've been!

Besides the slipcover being a bit more flimsy and not having a die cut for the UPC, it looks and feels more real than many budget labels real stuff does. My only complaint about the Fright Night 2 custom was no barcode, this time they used the dvd code as a nice touch for added realism. The new color corrected film looks fucking amazing. From what I read from director of photography Frank Prinzi, this is what they wanted, not the blue tinted nightmare of Twilight Time's transfer.

It gets me thinking if there's any way to get this disc or just the color corrected file into Savini and Prinzi's hands. I'd love to hear their thoughts on it, esp. compared to TT's.

The amount of extras is insane too. Besides going out and making new supplements, pretty much anything related is here. Great touch with the workprint and full HUDU version for those who love the brighter dvd transfer and want it in HD.
    I also love the zoom in feature with the fangoria scans (when text is too small to make out, you can zoom into closeups of it!) Plus the dvd and BD booklet scans... above and beyond cool! Now I don't have to keep my dvd insert when I sell it! Just a great overall package! Many kudos to you an the crew.

Studios should take note. In fact, at least one should just fire everyone in the home video department and hire these guys! They do far better work than the "pros" do these days, and this release proves it easily when looked at next to the Twilight Time disc. Now I'm deciding if I should keep the TT for anything but the booklet. I can't imagine ever watching their version again when this is here.

Before I had to choose, bright colors in standard def or way too dark in HD. Now the choice is bright theater or fixed, all in HD bitches!:lol: Couldn't be happier with this. If you have a BD burner and like this movie, you have to check this out!

20. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

Thank you so much for this, it is a pleasure to read, and it is these kind of comments that keep us wanting to fix these studio fuck ups lol, I think this one and Conan are our biggest accomplishments by far, the US Theatrical for Conan will never be released and this color screw up were a chore to fix, but I think we nailed both perfectly.

We did just finish both Terminator 1&2 and are currently doing The Neverending Story 2-Disc Set, 1 is the International version fixed and the other is the Extended version 100% English friendly, no German start/end credits, no German Book, and no German note lol, ALL English friendly.

Sorry about the barcode but we dropped using those a long time ago, didn't think it would be good to use these, we would almost always have to get them form the old DVD's or even older LD's lol.

Thanks again and I hope to read about Maximum Overdrive soon, We hope you like them both:nervous: