Night of the Living Dead (1990) - Twilight Time 10/09/12

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by X-human, Jun 9, 2012.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about ordering two. Not for greed or profit or anything, just to cover the costs of my own copy. I want the movie, but $34 is way too expensive for a no-frills blu-ray.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I got my order in before they'd even sold 500. I had things to do earlier today, and snoozing was not one of them.

3. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Ordered one, because I know I would regret it if I passed. Picked up As Good As It Gets while I was there as well.

4. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

How can you tell how many are sold?I didn't see a number anywhere when I ordered mine.

5. Katatonia

The numbers sold have been posted over at the Blu-ray.com forum.

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

put my pre-order in - not as excited about this one as fright night - but picking it up all the same

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Add it to your cart, then change the quantity to 3000. It should automatically tell you how many are available.

8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Those who love this film as much as I do will need to hang on to the original DVD. The exceptional featurette "The Dead Walk" did not make it's way on to the Blu-ray.

9. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

All I see on the bluray forums a bunch of people talking out the ass. With little to nothing to back up their claims so I dunno. Maybe I just looked in the wrong forum discussion if I did opps sorry!

10. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

About what Dobby?

11. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I just tried that and it said 1689. Is that right? Did they really sell 2311 of these in less than ten hours?

12. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

1311. ;)

13. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I just realized that, thanks zbinks. Subtraction isn't easy at 1:30 in the morning. :D Unreal. I never would have thought it would sell this well.

14. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

One of you lucky guys or gals can "Buy It Now" from a seller on eBay for the low, low price of only $65.00. Free shipping! :lol:

15. Pukenstein

Pukenstein Member

I think about how some are buying to sell later. One guy supposedly bought 10, and a family got 50.

16. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

50!!!??? It's a very good film, but it's not like it's the one and only version of "The Exorcist." I think that family may be stuck with more than a few copies. Like I said earlier, I am amazed at how many copies have been sold so fast. I knew it would sell well, and I was worried about missing out but this is ridiculous. There has to be a large number of people buying multiple copies and looking to capitalize on the "Fright Night" hysteria. That being said, I hope everyone here that wants one gets one before it's too late.

17. Katatonia

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm surprised Screen Archives hasn't yet put a limit on how many a single person could order, but they still might when the stock gets closer to selling out completely. They have done that before on big selling items that were limited.

I'd recommend for those wanting one: order it now, or be prepared to spend $50+ elsewhere in the near future...

18. zbinks

No problem. I think the quick sales are largely due to the high anticipation in the wake of last year's Fright Night sell out. People that missed out last year are making sure to get their order in right away, and other's are buying multiple copies to capitalize on the secondary market, once Twilight Time sells out, in hopes of catching the same resale lightning in a bottle from the Fright Night release.

Twilight Time also seemed to be better prepared for the onslaught of purchases than they were in the past for other highly anticipated releases in the past as there was no slowdown issues being reported. It probably helped that they weren't offering any autographed copies or other bonuses this time around either. I don't even want to think about how slow the site may have been had they offered a Savini and/or Romero autographed edition.

19. Katatonia

The Fright Night autographed copies showed up for sale much later, so there still could be some autographed copies for this one at a later date.

20. zbinks

I think they may be doing themselves more harm than good. The sell out anticipation has been hyped up to the point that it probably will sell out as fast as expected, but it may be due more to people buying so many additional copies in anticipation of a Fright Night payoff than people buying the film for their own personal collections. Instead, with so many copies being purchased specifically with the intent of reselling them for a profit, the secondary market may get flooded. People who miss out and are on the fence at the essentially $35.00 shipped pricepoint may not be willing to shell out the $50.00 and up pricepoints that this will probably command after the sellout and as a result the people that would be willing to pay the insane prices that Fright Night currently commands, might not have to.