Night of the Living Dead 4 & 5?!

Discussion in 'General' started by tyuun, May 9, 2004.

1. tyuun

tyuun New Member

I read this over at Bloody-Disgusting.com:

Let the confusion begin! The zombie flicks are flowing in like a real life heard of zombies- Empire Online has the details on most of them and I think they meant RETURN of the Living Dead...

"Empire learnt of plans to make sequels to George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead - but the zombie-meister himself isn't on board...

It's likely to be announced at this year's Cannes Film Festival that preparations are being made to make Night of the Living Dead 4 and 5, with Eight Legged Freaks helmer, Ellory Elkayem at the helm. The films will be shot back-to-back in Romania, with production possibly starting later this year.

Now this is one hell of a tangled situation, so pay attention. The rights to Romero's original Dead trilogy - Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead - are tied up with different production companies (and not the maestro himself), allowing for the situation where these sequels can be positioned as 'official' sequels to the original Night (which was itself remade in 1990).

Meanwhile, rumour has it that original Day producer Richard Rubinstein has plans for a remake of the classic underground bunker flick, plus reports have filtered through from the States that Taurus Entertainment, which holds the Day rights, has already filmed a quickfire sequel, Day of the Dead: Contagium, directed by Taurus president and CEO Jim Dudelson and vice president of production Ana Clavell

Confused? You will be. And we haven't even mentioned that Romero himself is working on a fourth instalment of his Dead series, entitled Dead Reckoning. Which isn't Diamond Dead, the zombie rock musical project co-produced by the Scott brothers..."

2. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they mean Return of the Living Dead 4 and 5, cause those are supposed to be shot back to back.

3. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I think by now it would be hard to confuse the much hyped and talked about Return 4 & 5 with two more Night sequels.
    As for two new Dead flicks without Romero...that might be the only way we will get them. If Diamond Dead flops, I can't see any studio giving Romero any cash. Hollywood has not been too kind to him in the past 10 years. It's already been proven that Romero's franchise can make money without his participation.

4. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

...and in Romania. Hell, I still hear people confusing "Night" and "Return" - it's not uncommon.

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Usually whenever I mention Night of the Living Dead the first thing one of my friends will say is "BRAINS!" So I say there's a good chance of a mix up.

6. tyuun

tyuun New Member

I just went back to Bloody-Disgusting.com and they changed the announcemnt from Night 4 & 5to Return of the Living Dead 4 & 5 so the web-site they got their info from had it all wrong.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Night of the Living Dead
    Dawn of the Dead
    Day of the Dead
    Dead Reckoning

Night of the Living Dead
    Return of the Living Dead
    Return of the Living Dead 2
    Return of the Living Dead 3
    Return of the Living Dead 4
    Return of the Living Dead 5