Nightbreed Directors cut details announced

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by thing, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

$66 shipped to the UK. Mmmmm, nice!

2. deepred

deepred Member

3. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

$80 for me since i went for "expedited shipping" dont want to get hit by customs. Still works out at £46.20 which is good.

4. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Yeah! Figured I'd risk it

5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Still expensive, but slightly more reasonable. I pre-ordered.

6. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

"What is below, stays below. That is The Law." Not anymore. After 25 years of waiting, Scream Factory arrange a first class ticket to Midian with their restoration of Clive Barker's NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT (1990)! Tricked by his doc into thinking he may be a serial killer, greaser Boone goes on the lam from the law and runs into a tribe of monstrosities who call a massive underground cemetery home. One bite later and he's part of the pack, but his psychotic psychiatrist, the one truly responsible for the family slaughter-spree, rounds up a redneck posse to hunt down and exterminate the mutants. It's time for a monster rally. Release the Berserkers.

Barker's eagerly-awaited follow-up to the surprise success of his HELLRAISER (1987), NIGHTBREED seemed a sure-fire winner -- the popular author adapted his own story with a decent budget, a whole squad of effects artists were brought in for the imaginative creature make-up, even legendary director David Cronenberg showed up to act as the slashing shrink. Cover stories in all the genre rags pointed to a masterpiece. Then word started leaking out about studio interference... When the film finally hit screens, reception was just okay. An interesting, but flawed attempt. When interviewed, Clive bemoaned the fact that he wasn't able to finish the film as he wanted. Over the years, urban legends of his original edit grew, but nothing ever turned up. Rumors abounded the original footage was trashed. It seemed any hopes were for naught.

Then, a beacon of light. Original tapes of rough footage were found. A makeshift extended version was cobbled together, dubbed THE CABAL CUT. A handful of select screenings led to fans clamoring for a legit release. Shout Factory stepped up and promised a deluxe edition. Little did we know at the time that they'd be working with Warner Bros. in secret, spelunking the vaults even further. Then the unthinkable. The unfathomable. The unbelievable. The original film elements were located, enabling a real-deal Holyfield full-scale restoration. This new Director's cut apparently restores nearly an hour of missing footage, and according to the director, it's "put together in the way that I fully intended it to be seen when I first set out to make this film in 1989." Is it any good? Or still a flawed attempt? Don't know. But it's an hour longer. I'll find out in October.

The company is releasing two versions: a limited, bells & whistles three blu-ray special edition, featuring the new cut, the theatrical cut, and an exclusive disc full of supplements yet to be announced. For those not wanting to drop $55, there's also a standard Blu / DVD combo, with just the new version. "It's all true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live."

Blu-Ray Limited Special Edition Preorder (10/28/14) : now live at Amazon. Direct links at my pages.

Original Trailer!
    http://youtu.be/F-EYyYEu0LY

"Like" the Cinema Arcana Facebook page to keep up with the latest news, deals, release announcements and more!
    https://www.facebook.com/cinemaarcana

[​IMG]

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Same here. I'm going to hold off and wait just a while before I cancel the Shout order.

8. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

9. thing

thing Well-Known Member

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

http://www.amazon.com/Nightbreed-Di...ttp://horrordigital.com/modules/Jig/index.php

Edit: I just added "/ref=as_sl_pd_tf_lc?&tag=horrdigi-20&camp=216797&creative=394545&linkCode=ur1&adid=067ZTK1EEE2GZNY5TQP5&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fhorrordigital.com%2Fmodules%2FJig%2Findex.php" to the end of the link.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Thanks for the heads up! Ordered from Amazon! Still expensive, but more reasonable!

13. Dave

Dave Pimp

Thanks for helping to support the site, guys.

14. Stige

Stige Active Member

There got my order in for the 3 disc. I think this is a title I'd rather regret buying than missing out on, whatever the outcome.

15. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Amazon has now sold out of the LE of Nightbreed

16. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

It's still showing on blowitouttahere's site, for $52.44 at that. Late-comers may want to give it a shot.

17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm surprised it sold out so quickly on Amazon. Glad I got my order in straight away.

Over at Bluray.com they're just bitching about the audio issues which is getting old now. I'm sure there will be another update about that before the set is released if it's going to be an issue.

18. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

the Blu-ray.com forums are some of the worst on the net IMO. I tend to avoid them. lol

19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It's terrible. There's so many noobs as well. People have been coming on saying that the slip cover for the limited set is a Shout site only thing, and same with the booklet. Now people are talking about how they're excited they'll have a low number, but I never recal hearing these sets will be numbered; not all limited sets are. I have no idea where they come up with this shit :lol:

20. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Isn't it funny? Shout! announces this at $80, ridiculously high for a Blu-ray, so that a week later when it's available for $60, everyone thinks they're getting a great deal. Ha ha, thanks guys. :rolleyes: That being said, I am glad I got my order in at Amazon.

That is in the press release. Why anyone cares is beyond me; unless you get number 1 or 666. Some folks just have to turn everything into a competition or self-validation or something.