Nightmare on Elm Street, A (remake)

Discussion in 'High Def' started by Chunkblower, Oct 28, 2010.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Considering you're watching a movie with Nightmare in the title, is falling asleep really all that bad?

2. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

Sigh. I really wish Hollywood would actually make some effort and create something new and refreshing than doing remakes on successful films. Also and this is a biggie, drop the feckin CGI, it just looks so fake. The way the human brain perceives visuals in the way of a real object just makes folk think differently. Take Blade Runner for example, no CGI, real models and I honestly thought that skyline in the openeing sequence was real... do the same in CGI and it would be easy to say it was fake... I rest my case.

Anyway, this is an abomination. I'd rather stick my hand in a blender and repaint the ceiling with the lid off.

3. Mary!¡

Mary!¡ New Member

As for what to Why Quentin hastily concludes that Freddy might be innocent? It is very simple, as the father said he never found the cave, opened the possibility of the innocence of Krueger and there, perhaps the possibility of saving of the revenge if clarify everything. Which then was more than obvious did not happen.
    And as to the box, the box was in the secret room of Freddy because the police never found it, neither the parents, then could remain quietly in that place without getting lost.
    Well I agree with what you say, it doesn't deepened anything of the history of the victims and it left drifting, they could have done a little more of emphasis on that and not let them just like a ball of "teenagers" disturbed and without history. But they focus sufficiently on Freddy Krueger's past leaving more than clear his motives of revenge and desire before death at Nancy (additive I found exquisite since it gives it a refreshing new twist to the relationship between the two characters, which in the previous saga the observer always assumed but never had certainty).

The new Freddy found pleasure in children from other angle, he "played" with them, and then focused his revenge on each one of them and not as in the original Freddy avenging Of The Parents through their children. It was noted that dark spot highlighting the justification of revenge, which makes it rough and deep. The new Freddy while enjoying the pain in their victims focuses all his anger at what they did and showing very deep feelings in a character who almost never showed before. The original was a sadistic and psychopathic maniac, while the new focus on enjoying his revenge and well delight, meanwhile, the suffering of their victims as he suffered in life.