Nightmare on Elm Street blu-ray USA box set coming soon???

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah generally their selection is pretty crap. But the Best Buy downtown has some good shit quite often. Right now they have the Warner digibooks on for $19.99. They have shit like Meet Me in St Louis, Citizen Kane, King Kong, Deliverance, A Star is Born, Doctor Zhivago, Amadeus, Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket...not bad for Best Buy.

But from what you guys are saying, Best Buys in the states sound fucking horrible.

~Matt

2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

not entirely surprised remember they didnt even have this on order for bestbuy stores early last week so with them ordering for store later i guess they seemed to be waiting to have them more readily available for halloween..
    But i will continue to check the website for status updates all this week probably only 5 or 10% of the stores got these already

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They carry some of those titles at this store, but it's the horror section that's practically nonexistent at this store anymore. It is puny and there's just no variety at all. If you compared the size of the horror sections at this Best Buy store and the Hastings store a few blocks away, it's just startling in comparison. Years ago you could find cult titles from Mondo Macabro/Synapse/Blue Underground and things, but now a Best Buy shelf will have 50 copies of the most recent Scooby Doo movie eating up shelf space...and stuff like that never seems to sell fast. They carry too many copies of shit that just never sells, and it makes little sense.

And Best Buy's horror "exclusives" are almost always hard to get. Whether it's the Jaws Digibook Blu-ray, or this NOES set...they never seem to have enough of them to satisfy demand.

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah come to think of it their horror section is pretty small here as well.

But from what I could see from the packaging, this set includes the 5th disc.

~Matt

5. rhett

rhett Administrator

I already have the first 3 on Blu and those are really the only three from the series that I regularly watch anyway, but I'm a completist and the thought of sending that snapper box set that I've had since 2000 to pasture is kind of liberating...so it isn't a BB exclusive in Canada, Matt?

6. fceurich39

over at blu-ray forums some have commented that they picked it up at their stores and it includes a bonus disc but it is a dvd bonus disc that includes

Over 3 hours of special feautres including the Retrospective Fear Himself: The Life And Crimes Of Freddy Krueger

2 Episodes from the Freddy's Nightmare Tv Series: It's a Miserable Life and Killer Instinct.

Welcome to Prime Time Featurette Gallery

Conclusions Featurette Gallery

so not many stores got them yet my entire state of colorado no best buy stores have any according to the website anyway

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Nope, you can grab this bad boy anywhere.

~Matt

8. rhett

rhett Administrator

Does it have that bonus DVD as well or is that an exclusive (a la that Sleepaway Camp box set from way back in the day)?

9. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Every store around my area has it. I saw 4 copies in the store I went to, and the bonus disc is on the back of the box shrink wrapped. I wont be able to get my copy until Friday, but if you live in Michigan, it shouldn't be hard to find.

10. Katatonia

Well, what do you know... I just checked the store availability again and now it's showing up as in stock at this store.

I put in a store pick up order, so we'll see...

11. Katatonia

FUCK BEST BUY! Goddamn, I hate this fucking store beyond words.

And what's even bigger bullshit... it still says it's in stock at this store via their website.

Fucking douchebags, I hope they go bankrupt. :fuck:

12. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I'm going to wait until this Sunday's Upgrade and Save to pick this up. Save $5.

13. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

All my Worst Buys within a 100 mile radius are still showing up unavailable.

14. fceurich39

if your store is close i would just go because on blu-ray forums people posted saying that they got their copies in stock but they are in back in boxes still

15. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster New Member

Same thing happened to me. Checked my phone and saw that it was suddenly in stock, so I popped over to the store...nothing. Placed an order for in store pick-up, got that email about an hour later. What the hell's going on with this thing?

16. DanceEnergy24

DanceEnergy24 New Member

Let me see if I understand this correctly. What makes the Best Buy blu-ray set exclusive is that it contains an additional DVD with the new documentary, Freddy's Nightmares TV episodes, the Welcome to Primetime DVD box documentary and the DVD box Conclusions. I already have the UK blu-ray set that has the 5th disc on DVD (the blu-rays are region free and the DVD is region 2). So the problem becomes that unless you have a region free player you can't order the UK set as the DVD is region 2 and therefore to get the new material as well as to have everything that was included in the DVD boxset you must track down the Best Buy exclusive.

17. fceurich39

people now have been claiming it out on shelves yet the website status says unavailable i might go and check for myself my store is super small and only getting two copies. I bet your store has it but it's in the back alot of stores got it in today

18. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster New Member

A guy checked the kiosk thing and it said unavailable. So they either didn't get it or whatever copies they had sold out (there was a spot for it on the shelf) and their website just hadn't updated to reflect it yet.

Here's my big question (which someone else posed earlier): is this the EXACT same set from the UK, with the same transfers and everything? If so, I'm just going to (finally) get that.

19. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Hey whoa! I have a 4-year warranty on my TV through them! :)

20. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

They had two copies at the smaller location in my city today (didnt check the bigger store) - I had 2 5.00 certificates to use up too so I picked it up - its exclusive until January 2013 to Best Buy (at least that is what the sticker on it says and I am in the U.S.) and it does have the extra special features dvd in it (actually in a holder inside the casing like the other discs). Not a bad price for 7 movies and a special features disc boxed in one nice little package.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012