Nightmare on Elm Street remake a go!

Discussion in 'General' started by mclay18, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I admit I used to love Part 4 as a kid but I recently watched it after not having seen it for a least four years and it really didn't live up to what I had remembered.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Part 4 has some of the most atrocious acting in the entire series, but the art direction and sets are spot on.

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

hmmm...it has been a while since i've seen any of them, to be honest. so perhaps i should rewatch it, see if it lives up. maybe a marathon is in order. if i can make it all the way through to freddys dead, i'd be impressed...

4. Zombie Dude

It's hit and miss for me.
    Let us know if your thoughts change after re-visiting the movies. I'm going to watch Freddy's Dead sometime next week and might put on Part 2 later today.

5. deepred

deepred Member

I'm not really a fan of 4 either but after seeing clips of it on one of the blu-ray special features on the original Nightmare blu-ray - I must say I would love to see it again on blu because all the colors in the movie just popped and it looks beautiful in high-def. Too bad the script can't be upgraded in high def too.

6. Zombie Dude

It's definitely a colourful film. I'm not sure I'd go for a blu of it but I really would like to see part's 2 and 3 get blu releases.

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

so far most early reviews has been average to very good remake anyway i think this will be way better than the F13TH REMAKE for sure

8. Queen B

Queen B Guest

Well, so far there hasn't been a "Critic" that's given the film a positive rating. It's currently got a whopping 0% "Fresh Rating" on Rotten Tomatoes (out of 13 reviews). It should inflate slightly as the reviews trickle in. When all was said and done, the Friday redux ended up with a 25% score based off a total of 156 reviews.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
  9. fceurich39

10. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Well I dont care about the reviews- I am waiting to hear what you guys think! <: I hope to see this early next week since I have work off- hit a weekday matinee. So is anyone going to a midnight screening tonight?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  11. fceurich39

i am going to the first showing tomorrow i am gonna use my movie cash ticket i got with the blu-ray of the original

12. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Cool let me know what you think- yea a lot of the top critic reviews on Rotton Tomatoes are not good- but Id like to see what some of us here on the forum think about it.

13. lv426

lv426 New Member

Just watched it, I would say its in my top 5 elm st faves. It's a different Freddy though, pedo-creepy, pissed off...and short. Critics be damned, though I am easily amused.

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'm going to see it tonight! And yeah, I'm not worried about critics reviews for a film like this. Can anyone think of one slasher film they did like?

15. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I'm heading out to see this in about 25 minutes. I'm not over-excited or anything but I'm curious to see it.

16. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I will go on the record in saying I'm NOT a fan of remakes. But this installment has me intrigued. I'm a big fan of Jackie Earle Haley. And no, I didn't just jump on the bandwagon after Watchmen. I always wondered where he went all of these years. I really am glad about his comeback to movies. He deserves it, he seems to be a grounded guy, that never took the movie industry for granted. He respects what it like to be a regular working man after fame as a younger star.

Good for him. I'm rooting for his recent success. I will see this film, I hope its good. At the very least I can say I'm excited about a remake, which is very rare imo.

18. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

I just saw this last night. It started out ok, but the film's pacing is awful.

The "Tina" style death was just alright. Showing her being thrown around was kind of cool, until they showed us Freddy doing the same thing to Nancey and her boyfriend (this time he's actually shown doing it so it looks goofy). "Glens" death is nowhere to be found which is cool except that they did nothing to out do that particular moment.

The poetic style of the original is gone.

Harley is no Robert England.

Freddy never actually was a killer when he was alive, just a pedo rapist.

They did homages to the sequels, some good, some terrible, "how's this for a wet dream?"
    Despite my disdain, there were things and ideas
    I did like, just not that many.

This is like a mid to low tier sequel, and is nowhere near is as good as the original or even a few of the sequels. If the director did indeed shit on Wes's film, he's a fool and probably should have watched that film closer.

Sorry. just woke up, I'll organize this later.

19. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

When you organize it, would you mind putting a huge SPOILER alert first? Because you pretty much spoiled every surprise ...

(not that I particularly care .. I've been reading up on this all morning so I knew it all beforehand .. but some here might actually care) ;)

20. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

found myself taking "micro-naps" during this one.

Maybe not as bad as it could have been, but pretty damn boring nonetheless. It's like someone slowly and awkwardly telling you a story you're really familiar with.

They ripped off one of Freddy's better lines from part 4, but it made no real sense here.

The hall pass monitor from the trailer doesn't show up. Unless there was one of those annoying post-credits scenes. After the
    mirror jump scare finale
    I just couldn't stick around.