"Non Ho Sonno" - "Sleepless" SURPRISE

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by boyd1955, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Long Live Metal!!! Death Metal, Black Metal, NWOBHM, Viking Metal, Heavy Metal, Doom Metal, Hair/Glam Metal, its all good! Hail King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Hail Twisted Sister (There is no shame in giving the two-horned salute in the name of Twisted Sister, give it up all you S.M.F.'s!!!) Chaostar, a shout out to Septic Flesh. OK, that's it for me.

2. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Well this poll is taking a new direction now it seems.
    Favorite bands/musicians METAL or NO METAL

My Dying Bride
    Elbow
    Puressense
    Anathema
    Burzum
    Mayhem
    Radiohead
    Ulver (hey, anyone with an ear for good music must check their discography i each record is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the other in terms of genre, structure and atmosphear)
    Orbital
    Dead Can Dance
    Jean Michele Jarre

Maiden ruled 'till "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" album.
    Motorhead still rule
    Pantera ruled 'till "Far Beyond Driven"

Good music is good music. Either is hip-hop, psychadelic trance, heavy metal (or black, doom or death metal for that matter), pop, darkwave, ethic, gothic or whatever (except greek pop music
    :D). Saying that one genre of music is bad or dead makes you no different that those who believe that horror movies are for degenerate uncultured geeks. Music is a man's best companion: It will never betray him.

Greetings Mcchrist!

3. The Chaostar

Oh, and Twisted f****** Sister rule!;)

4. boyd1955

boyd1955 Guest

Crank... Who's Boyd Rice? ... As for the music quetion... I like loads of different types of music... Very into Rai at the moment... Blink 182 and Limp Bizkit... Francoise Hardy... Leftfield... Michael Nyman... Lot's of dance stuff... Very very varied

5. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

Ha ha McChrist! Great post, rock on! Thanks for gettin my back Chaostar.
    If it's too loud, you're too old!
    Metal up your ass!
    Slatanic Wermacht!!!!!

Oh, and just a mention of a local favorite... Rigor fuckin' Mortis!!
    (and yes, Lemmy and the boys kick ass)

:D

and I'd just like to say to all you anti-metal poseurs, er, I mean posters, this thread IS all in fun... you sissies. ;)

6. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

......Boyd Rice(NON) ROCKS.. I'm pretty sure boyd1955 is Not Boyd Rice

7. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

here is some great NON(pun)metal "music".....Winter kalte, NKVD synapscape, Mental destruction ,brighter death now, in slaughter natives, C17H19NO3, sanctum,iminant starvatin, WAPPENBUND,turbund sturmwerk,Grey Wolves,atrax morgue, NON(and everything boyd rice puts out)der blutharsch,Raison D'etre,Merzbow,PUISSANCE,death in june and ofcourse wumpscut,leaether strip, frontline assembly, skinny puppy,yelwork,hocico to name just a few oh yeh the artisian cover for sleepless sucks ass(just to stay on topic)

8. The Chaostar

BRIGHTER DEATH NOW & RAISON D'ETRE are beyond ANY criticism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

9. crank

crank Guest

I didn't actually think he was boyd rice, I just thought maybe it was a tribute. As far as my favorite bands. I'd have to say - Coil, Nurse With Wound, Mentallo & the Fixer, Sol Invictus, Current 93, Antony and the Johnsons, Skinny Puppy, The Hafler Trio, Death In June, Zoviet France, Aphex Twin, Squarepusher and too many other bands to mention.

crank

10. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

... what money i dont spend on dvds goes to sweden's Cold Meat Industry

11. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

HAHAHA!! Where was boyd1955 living after the mid-seventies? Because I remember heavy metal having a HUGE run throughout the entire eighties into the early nineties when Metallica, Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Megadeth, Whitesnake, Queensryche, Poison, Motley Crue, Warrent, Extreme, Great White, Cinderella, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses and others like them sold assloads of albums and occupied huge chunks of airtime on MTV (back when they played music videos). It wasn't until the release of Nirvana's Nevermind in the early nineties made "alternative" and "grunge" bands the big rage that the metal mania cooled off. I don't like most of the bands I listed, but I can't deny the tremendous popularity they enjoyed for more than a decade. To say metal was dead by the mid-seventies is ludicrous.

Now, about Argento. I'll never understand how all the fair weather fans can say that Argento hasn't made a good movie since Tenebrae or since Opera or since (fill in the blank). The only movie of his I can't say anything good about was Trauma, and I bet if I watched it again with an open mind I could appreciate it more. I expected too much when it came out, assuming that T.E.D. Klein's script would be an improvement over the plot-thin screenplays Argento usually churned out and that the cast, heavy on native English-speaking Americans, would be better than the dubbed Italian and German casts of previous films. Stendhal is one of the best films of Argento's career. I wish fans would understand that he probably won't make another Suspiria or Tenebrae because he's evolved as a filmmaker and developed new (and different) sensibilities. This doesn't have to mean his films will be better or worse--just different.

I haven't seen Sleepless, but I'm looking forward to buying the DVD. I buy anything of Argento's that goes to DVD (hell, I'd even get The Five Days of Milan if it came out!) so as more Argento titles get released by AB, I'll be there to snag 'em up!

12. boyd1955

boyd1955 Guest

Sorry mate I'm British... We aren't as retarded in our musical tastes over here... And of course we have more of a choice... Thank christ heavy metal was never a particularly big thing here... Much more interesting things to listen to... Unfortunately at the moment we seem to be turning out endless drossy boy and girl bands that I can only appologise for... The thing is being Britain it can't keep going that long cos people get bored.
    As for Argento... "Sleepless" is great... But I hope he never makes another "Stendahl Syndrome" cos I still can't get the stench of that stinking piece of shit out of my nostrils ( My opinion boys... And I've got every right to it remember... Or you're just being another Ben Laden )

13. Last night's Slayer show was fuckin' wickedly good. Slayer rule the fuckin' whole world. The end.

14. Rainbowthief

Rainbowthief Guest

15. The Chaostar

Maybe you and I are not US citizens but that remarke is still highly irresponsible - the tragedy is still very much alive in the minds of many people in this forum. (And who is retarded?)

16. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

"Thank christ heavy metal was never a particularly big thing here... "...............hey boyd! the Brittish invented Heavy Metal

17. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Closing thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.