Non-Twilight Time Fright Night (1985) release!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Buechlers_beard, May 28, 2014.

1. Stige

Stige Active Member

2. Stige

Stige Active Member

That's why I make the region free copies to play on my panasonic DMP550 ( I have no idea how to "fix" it to a region free player)

The region free player I have , while it worked , was just a hassle and the image wasn't up to my expectations

3. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Active Member

Well done!

4. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I'm not selling my copy. I was one of the first 1,000 that pre-ordered, and I haven't ordered anything else from them, even though I did want the 1990 remake of Night Of The Living Dead, thought the price was too much, but I'm a fan of Fright Night.

5. bachmann

bachmann Member

6. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Sony are releasing Fright Night and Christine on Blu-ray in September in Germany, for those interested.

7. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

SONY is? I wonder if this will finally include that reunion featurette that was filmed shortly before the Twilight Time release. If this is just a barebones port then this isn't for me.

8. Stige

Stige Active Member

I'm gonna stop sitting on needles for Twilight Time......

9. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

I just sold my Twilight Time discs to a member on a Swedish forum. Glad I did it before the EU disc was released, or it would have been impossible after that ;)
    Pre-ordered the Swedish BD of Christine for about 1/3rd of the price of the Twilight Time disc :D

It´s released by Sony, so I guess the EU part of Sony is more interested in releasing the classics themselves.

I´m not gonna bother with the TT disc of "The Blob", I can wait for the EU release instead.

10. zer0c00l44

zer0c00l44 New Member

Germany or Sweden

Hey man Ive just ordered fright night and christine from a dutch web site for really cheap, where in Germany are they being sold or do you mean dutch and not german, thanks in advance

11. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

12. bachmann

bachmann Member

13. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

15. Buechlers_beard

16. Stige

Stige Active Member

WEll when they remove the VAT and so forth it doesn't really come out to more than the SF release will be
    For me at least.. and you get the original

17. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Exactly. Pretty neat bonus if you ask me.

18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Eureka are releasing it as a limited edition SteelBook through Zavvi in the UK:

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/fright...-edition-steelbook-includes-dvd/11361631.html

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Eureka Classics is proud to present this iconic modern horror classic in a new Dual-Format special edition.

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
    • 4K digital restoration
    • Original stereo PCM soundtrack and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio options (on the Blu-ray)
    • English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
    • You’re So Cool, Brewster! A new two-hour version of the definitive 2016 documentary on the making of Fright Night, focusing on the first film, created exclusively for this release
    • What is Fright Night featurette, a 2016 video piece featuring cast and crew interviews (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • Tom Holland: Writing Horror, a 2016 video piece featuring interviews with Holland and his collaborators (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • Rowdy McDowall: From Apes to Bats, a 2016 video piece featuring archival footage of McDowall and cast and crew interviews (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • Fear Fest 2 2008 reunion panel featuring Tom Holland, Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Stephen Geoffreys, Amanda Bearse, Jonathan Stark and moderated by Rob Galluzzo (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • Shock Till You Drop Present Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek, a three-part video interview on the film (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • The full electronic press kit, featuring extensive on-set interviews and behind-the-scenes footage (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • Stills and memorabilia from Tom Holland’s personal collection (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • G-rated and R-rated theatrical trailers (BLU-RAY ONLY)
    • PLUS: a booklet featuring a new essay by Craig Ian Mann (STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE)
    I would suggest pre-ordering promptly, as it's rumored to be limited to just 1000 copies. A standard release will follow next year.

Since it's a Eureka release, it will most probably be Region B "locked" and does specify that in the product details.

The new "You’re So Cool, Brewster!" is a plus, but will be an edited version from the full 4-hour doc that can be purchased separately from Cult Screenings.

19. Buechlers_beard

Saw this but didn't realise it had all the bonus content. I'll await the standard release though..... hate steelbooks haha

20. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Looks like it has already sold out, so you'll definitely have to wait now! :eek:

I'm not a big fanboy of SteelBooks, but this one should look pretty cool. Eureka does a really good job with them. The archival footage of McDowall and cast and crew interviews should be a real gem too. I had heard that McDowall had some footage from the shoot, but since he died it's existence was unknown.