NOTLD '90 Vs. DOTD '04

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by moogong, Aug 10, 2004.

?

NOTLD '90 vs. DOTD '04

1. Night of the Living Dead '90

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Dawn of the Dead '04

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. Neither Fool...they're remakes!!

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Which Romero remake was superior? I loved them both but NOTLD '90 was my favorite of the two. Dawn was better in the pacing but Night did a great job with atmosphere and tone.

2. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Night all the way.

3. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Night of course.

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

Night was the better remake. It was closer to the original, but added its own flair. Dawn of the Dead really wasn't much of a remake in the traditional sense. It had the same name, but that was about it.

5. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

I am a HUGE fan of Savini's remake of Night. So i pick that.

6. RickB

RickB New Member

I have to say I didn't really love either one. The original Dawn of the dead was the greatest zombie movie ever made and nothing could ever top it.

7. MartinD1

MartinD1 Guest

I think Night of the Living Dead or Return of the Living Dead were the first Zombie movies I ever saw.
    Everything else came after that. I think Night is great, since I don't like b&w zombie movies, I also think it's better than the original, but that's just my opinion.
    I didn't like the Dawn Remake until I saw a few stills of the Director's Cut DVD. Anyway, zombie movies aren't what they used to anymore, althought I really want to watch Shaun of the Dead. :)

8. napalm68

napalm68 Guest

I'm a fan of both remakes actually. But... I don't even own a copy of the Night of the Living Dead original, so that should say how much I care for it. It might be sacriledge, but I just couldn't get past the screaming catatonic woman in it. Patricia Tallman kicked ass in the remake.

Dawn v Dawn remake. I love them both, for different reasons.

9. Morg

Morg Guest

I like Savini's remake, it's more in the spirit of Romero's NOTLD. The fact that Romero was fully supportive of Savini's effort doesn't hurt either. Although I don't think anything's wrong with going in a different direction for creative purposes and a fresh take, in this case i'm for Savini.

10. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

While Night 90 is one of my favorite zombie flicks, I have to go with Dawn 04. Both are outstanding films with great characters, zombies, and situations, but Dawn 04 is superior I'd say.

11. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

notld 1990 is the pinnacle of remakes and shows other's how it should be done. nuff said :D

12. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Dawn 04 was much better than Night 90. I liked the action and gore of that one opposed to Night 90. I dig the plot twists in Dawn 04 more than the ones in Night 90.

13. I prefer the Dawn '04 remake in comparison with the Night '90 remake.
    I couldn't stand the synthesizers in Night, and the characters were much weaker IMO compared to the original.
    I felt Dawn '04 was a pretty good remake, a fresh perspective on a classic genre in modern day, especially when people are more desensitized to violence and gore in movies these days - I quite enjoyed watching and hearing audiences screaming out during Dawn.

14. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thought "dawn of the dead 04" should have been called "28 days later 2"
    that said I prefer night

15. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Night of the Living Dead, easily. It is sad to even remotely to go this route, but NOTLD90 and DOTD04 shouldn't even be said in the same breath.

Dawn was an absolute turd.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I voted Dawn to enrage people :)

17. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Don't lie. :D

18. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I'm a big fan of the remake of Night of and think that Tom Savini did a great job of directing. I haven't seen the remake of Dawn, yet but I've heard very mixed reviews.

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I voted the Dawn remake. The Night remake is the more faithful of the two and I enjoyed it a lot, but the Dawn remake just entertained me more.

20. Have to go with NotLD on this one. Savini worked with Romero on the original DotD, so I think he was able to recapture the spirit of the original.