October Contest #2: The Undead

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 9, 2007.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Dave just reviewed the new Return of the Living Dead disc today, so we figured what better than to give it away in our next contest. All you've got to do is tell us what your favorite undead film is. Which zombie gets under your skin most? Bub? Flyboy? Tarman? Everyone has their favorite zombie movie, or at least a movie where the dead just won't stay that way. We've got the goods, so tell us your favorite and win some great DVDs from MGM.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's what's up for grabs:

1st Place: THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: CE, FROM BEYOND and SCARECROWS on DVD
    2nd Place: RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: CE and FROM BEYOND on DVD
    4 Runners up: Either THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: CE, FROM BEYOND or SCARECROWS on DVD

The contest will run until Sunday, October 14th, at which point the winners will be randomly drawn.

That's six possible prizes, even more than last contest, so post now and tell us your favorite undead movie!

Attached Files:

2. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Dawn of the Dead! (original of course) Zombi 2 comes in at a close second.

3. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

My favorite zombie flick would have to be Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror. I love the score, I love the look of the zombies, the deaths are great, and Peter Bark is my idol! :lol:

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Dawn of the Dead, and it's not even close. It's gory, funny, smart, silly, serious.. the complete horror package. No other horror director save Romero could pull all of those elements together into a thematic whole.

On another note, it is the only zombie movie where Roger is, and that alone would get me to vote for it. I love that guy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  5. gyhorrorfan07

gyhorrorfan07 Well-Known Member

I gotta go with Return of the Living Dead. Ever since my cousin introduced me to this movie on VHS, I instantly fell in love with it. It's a classic with great bits of comedy mixed with good gore, cool looking zombies and Tarman, of course (that's my homie). I recently read the review for the Collector's Edition and even though the release is a bit disappointing, I'll still pick it up.

6. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

The Beyond

I loved this movie growing up as a kid, but when I finally got to see it in its full glory, uncut and with a totally kick-ass remastered soundtrack (thank you, Grindhouse Releasing/Anchor Bay), it bumped Dawn Of The Dead out of the number 1 zombie film spot for me.

It's wildly imaginative, atmospheric, gory as hell, great score, it's got a blind chick with creepy eyes, crappy face-eating spiders, that crunchy noise everytime a zombie gets shot, a 'do not entry' sign, a dog that would kick the ass of that dog in Suspiria, David Warbeck, and the ending - oh, that ending!!

To summarise: Hooray for The Beyond!!! :banana:

7. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Return of the Living Dead. A fun classic that manages to be scary and funny at the same time. This is one of the only movies that I've been able to watch multiple times in one day.

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Dawn of the Dead, it just doesn't get better. An absolute masterpiece with a bit of everything making for a great ride.

9. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

The orginal Dawn of the Dead, of course. When it comes to zombies, Romero is the master

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

DAY
    OF THE
    DEAD

...for the guts, for the gore and for the fun! There are lots of great moments in this movie both action and script wise. The zombies look grotesquely realistic and the circumstances for the survivors are utterly hopeless.

11. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Dawn Of The Dead, cliche choice......maybe, but i just don't give a shite, not just the greatest undead film ever made, the greatest Horror film ever made.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  12. chinoev

chinoev New Member

Dellamorte Dellamore. This movie has just the right mixture of beauty, violence, and surrealism.

13. Hmmm... a very tough decision. I really love Romero and Fulci, but I will go with Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. The red eyes of the undead and creepy soundtrack really make it different.

14. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

For me, it's Night of the Living Dead (1968). Like Halloween, which I talked about in the last contest...there are just so many movies that would not even exist without it.

15. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Original Dawn of the Dead, and it's not even close.

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

City of the Living Dead. Great movie. :)

17. Luna

Luna Guest

I'll go with Dawn of the Dead here.

18. geeare

geeare Guest

Dawn of the Dead with Shaun of the Dead close behind.

19. LivingDeadMafia

LivingDeadMafia New Member

Dawn of the Dead, with Night of the Living Dead right behind

20. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

The original Dawn of the Dead. I first saw the film when I was 11 and it blew me away. I think the acting, the story, the action and the effects are all stellar.

As for my favorite zombie, I'd have to say Flyboy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007