October Contest #2: The Undead

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

ZOMBIE! For the gore and zombies.I love zombies so how could I say what one gets under my skin??? But if there was one it would have to none.Sorry

2. ReelFear

ReelFear New Member

Fulci's Zombie and Dawn of the Dead (original) are the tops!

but when the time is right, really late at night, my guilty favorite is...

BURIAL GROUND aka Zombie 3 aka The Nights of Terror.

these just something creepy and nightmarish about this one.

3. Johnny Macabre

Johnny Macabre New Member

So much great movies to choose from. I would have to pick The Beyond because it is one of the creepiest movie I saw!!! It's better with each subsequent viewings!!

4. MBaronas

MBaronas Guest

Fulci

Maestro Lucio Fulci's "City of the Living Dead" is by far my favorite horror film - never mind zombie film - of all time.

Running zombies? They're no match for zombies that can appear out of thin air for no rhyme or reason...what's more frightning than that???

5. Ecstatica

Ecstatica Member

Dawn of the dead. This movie is perfect in every way. I've seen it so many time and never got tired of it. It's in my top5 best movie ever.

6. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

For me it is Dawn of the Dead For a number of reasons. Before getting to see this movie, I remember other kids in school talking about it and some of the scenes, and seeing still shots of these scenes in Fangoria magazine, it just built up a fervor to see this masterpiece in grue!! I remember being frightened by the "bald zombie" that appears at the small airport as they refueled. His image on the magazine would drive me crazy.
    It got worse when I saw the movie, and I ended up having nightmares about a zombie attack, and the part that got me, was the people were in a "no-win" situation!! There really was nothing they could do but continue to try to outrun these things, but the world was no longer theirs. Humans were no longer the dominant species and it certainly became a more violent world to live in. (Not that it is not a pretty violent place now, but as a kid, these were thoughts that invaded my psyche) I realized the epidemic portion of the movie and unlike a movie that had one or two monsters this had thousands upon thousands!!!
    Years later, as I rewatched DotD, I picked up on its metaphors of blind consumerism of the Carter era, and appreciated the film maker even more.
    The movie will always have a special part in my heart, and one of my dearest items is my Ultimate DotD that I had signed by Ken Foree, Scott Reiniger, Gaylen Ross, and especially Clayton Hill(Escalator zombie) and his wife Sharon Ceccatti(Nurse zombie) who were such warm and engaging people. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with them and getting great stories about this landmark film.
    P.S. One day Emge, I will track you down and make you sign this thing!!!!!!

7. Return of the Living Dead, no question. Back in high school, declaring something was made by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers usually meant someone was about to get smashed with it... good times...

8. xdiggler

xdiggler Member

I would have to say that my favorite is also Return Of The Living Dead, because it really is perfect and well paced throughout. Great humor and the right amount of gore.

As far as a favorite zombie, it's gotta be that gruesome looking thing on Fulci's Zombie one-sheet. With that pic below it, I truly believe the catch phrase..."we are going to eat you!"

9. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Mine is Return of the Living Dead also. It's my favorite movie of all-time so it has to be my favorite zombie movie as well. I've had a tape of it since I was a kid that I must've watched 50 times growing up. I could go on for quite a while about what I like about it, but I'll just save some time and say it's just an incredibly entertaining movie that holds up after countless viewings. For me at least.

10. Gnaghi

Gnaghi Guest

Return of the Living Dead. Great soundtrack, acting... everything.

11. Tina12312

Tina12312 Guest

This is a hard one for me because zombie movies are my favorites. I think I have to pick Night of the Living Dead because it scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it, it was so real. It still creeps me out. And Bub is my favorite zombie, just love that guy so much. Thanks for the chance to win a great movie!

12. cinaphile

cinaphile Guest

Touch choices

There's something about Day of the Dead that has stuck with me since I was a kid. Maybe it's the idea of being trapped underground and knowing that the few people you are with, are probably the only people you'll ever see again. Although the scary military aspect is particularly profound and unfortunately relevant in our world today. The helplessness and despair is overwhelming particularly for Sarah who finds herself facing the prospects of violence and rape being the only woman left in the compound. Then there's Bub who for all intensive purposes represents that which is human inside all people no matter how horrible their actions are. Favorite quote...

Dr. Logan: Your ignorance is exceeded only by your charm, Captain. How can we expect them to behave if we act barbarically ourselves?

Pretty much sums up the whole point of why war and violence doesn't usually solve any problems. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2007
  13. Shock Waves

Shock Waves New Member

The Beyond is my favorite right now. I really thought the scenes in the basement were great. (even though basements are few and far between in Louisiana).

14. Day Of The Dead

My favourite Zombi Movie surely is Day of the Dead. I like the apokalyptic story with the nihilistic ending plus the imminent atmosphere and the mind havong Zombie are the extras pushing the movie onto the top!

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

Even more submissions than last time, thanks for all the interest guys and gals! Without further ado, here are the randomly generated winners:

1st Place: Mortis
    2nd Place: satans-sadists
    Runners up: BroodingHope, bigdaddyhorse, aoiookami, RyanPC

Winners, send me an email with your address and they will go off immediately. Runners-up, let me know your preference between the three movies.

Congrats to all, and get ready for our biggest contest yet tomorrow.

16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Wow, this is a nice surprise! Thanks rhett! :D

And congrats to all the other winners!

17. Rocker416

Rocker416 Member

Congrats to all the winners!

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Congrats ya'll.

19. Congrats everyone! :D

20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I've never won anything before...this is awesome! :D Congratulations to all the other winners. Thanks rhett!