October Contest #3: Creature Features

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Kingdom of the Spiders, always fun cheese...and Shatner!

2. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I have a love for THE KILLER SHREWS also....and don't forget, it's got Roscoe P. Coltrane as the lead!

I always liked the quote in the Golden Turkey Award book--"Don't laugh, it's no fun being chewed to death by a dog wearing a mask."

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

JAWS is my pick,it is embedded in the psyche of everyone who has ever seen it.If you swim in the ocean,you WILL think about it,and God forbid something brushes against your leg while you're out there.
    A great cast and for once the human interaction is more important than the effects.

4. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I think Jaws is my favorite "when animals attack" movie because I always seem to watch this movie when it's on tv even though I already own the DVD. Jaws has lots of things that work well for it. Humor, action, decent plot and casting just to name a few.

5. Xtro_13

Xtro_13 Guest

For some reason, I have a soft spot for "Humanoids from the Deep". Maybe because it dares to show you what the creature from the black lagoon actually did to the ladies.

6. Luna

Luna Guest

Hmm, I've been tossing around The Fly and The Birds around in my head but I think I'll have to go with the latter because that's one movie that still gets in my head every so often when I see a flock of birds migrating or hovering in large groups around the neighborhood. In fact, not too long ago, I saw a line of what seemed to be hundreds of birds along telephone wire, on traffic lights, just perched everywhere, and it all came flooding back to me. So yeah, The Birds for me.

7. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Arachnophobia

This is possibly the only movie that (no matter how many times I see it) actually makes me vocalise my terror! Spiders freak me the hell out and this movie just pushes all my buttons ever so sadistically. God knows why I don't have the DVD yet....think I'll have to go shopping tomorrow.

8. Johnny Macabre

Johnny Macabre New Member

As much as I would like to be original, I can't lie to myself!! I choose JAWS because it's got it all: horror, comedy, suspense, action, adventure... It is the best of it's kind!

9. geeare

geeare Guest

"Creature from the Black Lagoon" . . if that counts. If not I would say "Lake Placid" has become my favourite over the past few years.

10. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

Cujo. That was my favorite as a kid and still is.

11. Nightbreed

Nightbreed New Member

I would have to say Snake Head Terror would be my #1 pick

12. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Great question, so many that I like. I would have to go with:

Food of The Gods

With Them , Empire of the Ants , & Piranha a close second :)

13. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

definately JAWS. There are others I like that are fun and cheesy, but Jaws really is my fave. Something about not being able to see what is under the water and something lurking there is scary. Easily wins for nature run amok films.

14. uradouche

uradouche New Member

Arachnophobia

Have to - I friggin HATE spiders - and this was a lot of fun when I was a kid!

15. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I'm going to go with Jurassic Park 1. This one really delivered beyond my expectations. I remember that although the film was really hyped, there were hardly any shots of the dinos in the trailers. Nothing could have prepared me for the awesomeness of the T-Rex scene in the rain. I really felt as though I was watching something special with that scene. The special effects blew everyone away. Jurassic Park was also the first film I had been to where the entire audience was screaming with fright. The one scene where the Vellociraptor tries to get Sam Neil as he escapes into the ceiling made the entire theatre jump. It was great fun.

16. marcx

marcx New Member

You just can't top Jaws--an all timne great--the diving seen where hte body pops out of the hull gets me every time....

17. delirium

delirium Guest

I'd have to say Jaws is my favorite. It scared me when I was a kid and it has made me have a phobia of sharks in swimming pools and the ocean (why swimming pools? I don't know...in my mind Jaws would fit through that little drain at the bottom lol) Jaws was perfectly done and everything about it is scary. No other animal monster movie has lived up to it.

18. ZoSo

ZoSo The Fucking King

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. LivingDeadMafia

LivingDeadMafia New Member

gonna have to go with Jaws

20. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Well Jaws is one of my favourite movies. It freaked me out as a kid, it freaks me out today. I'm still not crazy about swimming because of that movie. Of course it also started my obsession with sharks so I guess that's a good thing. Obsessions are healthy right?