October Contest #3: Creature Features

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 15, 2007.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

ZoSo is an asset to this forum. It's amazing how all things in our culture can ultimately be related back in some way to Britney's vagina. It's like the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game for the 00's.

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Yeah and instead of Kevin it's Britney, and instead of bacon there's bits. So Six Degrees To Britney's Bits is now born....where's KFed??? :eek2:

3. Ecstatica

Ecstatica Member

I'll go with Arachnophobia too because it's a really fun movie and it scares me so much. I hate spiders.

4. gutterjim

gutterjim Guest

Hands down, Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I love the interpretation of him in Monster Squad but the classic monster always creeps me out.

5. WitchHunter

WitchHunter Guest

Easily Jaws. changed the feeling in the ocean forever.
    The Fly would be my next choice as a more straight up horror. Movie creeps me out.
    There's just too many to list really.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2007
  6. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Piranha... for the peculiar way McCarthy says "Piranha"... and the way those fish don't swim like fish... they just sorta coast along... and the sound... hahaha... Great movie! Joe Dante signed my DVD!!

7. BBQ

BBQ New Member

I'd have to go with the original Godzilla. Atomic tests in the Pacific awaken huge indestructible dinosaur that comes back and lays waste to Japan. The message here is clear: You mess with Mother Nature, Mother Nature's gonna mess with YOU! And by the way, I mean the subtitled Japanese version, which is way better than the American release.

I find it hard to believe no one's mentioned "Night of the Lepus" yet. Giant bunny hordes on the loose! Hilarious!

8. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

<The answer is in the avatar, i live near where it was filmed.

9. BrianR1982

BrianR1982 New Member

I have to choose Humanoids From The Deep, but Jaws is really great also. I love Rob Bottin's fx work on the Humanoids.

10. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

There was a very frightening Water Buffalo dressed up in leather in the movie "Exit to Eden" Was a pretty jarringsight if I recall correctly. But Jaws was the best creature feature, As a kid, I remember seeing this film any chance I got, cinema, drive in, TV, "starcase" still a timeless film.
    Honorable mention: Grizzly and Alligator, great stuff when little kids "Take on for the team" and both films make full fodder of the youngsters

11. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Great post by onebyone, and I agree. Jaws really changed (and continues to change) the way people feel about swimming, be it in the ocean or even swimming in general. That film had/has wide, wide impact on the social consciousness. I think about how many times I jump in the water and let my feet dangle, there is always that feeling of "Is there something down there?" Of course, there is always the fear of the unknown, especially in the dark depths of a lake, etc., but swimming was never the same after I saw Jaws--hell, after I saw that poster. And how many times--to this day--when you swim, does someone imitate the duh-nah-duh-nah-duhnahduhnahduhnah score? Amazing.

Nevertheless, I'm going to toss out a human bone for Black Sheep, which I saw over the weekend. It's not my favorite, but it was very funny, and it gets kudos for using sheep(!) as its menace. We haven't run out of ideas yet, folks! :lol:

12. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Don't forget bathtubs, as I had trouble staying in my bubble bath as a kid because I was convinced that Jaws was going to find his way into the tub! I think my mom gave up and I just did the old sponge bath by the bathroom sink that night since I wouldn't stay in the tub.

If I think about it, I can still freak myself out while in a swimming pool, especially if I'm by myself and/or swimming at night. :nervous:

13. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I will have to go for Jaws. I swim. Sharks swim. Before I saw this movie there was a chance sharks and I could meet. Now that I have seen the movie...not so much a chance unless sharks develop a taste for Starbucks.

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

Another fine contest! There were plenty of suggestions off the beaten path, and ones that I've since added to my "to see" list. Thanks for participating everyone!

And now...the winners:

Shock Waves
    zompirejoe
    thrashard76

Send me a private message with your contact information and out the discs will go!

Stay tuned tomorrow, for not one, but two new contests. Happy Halloween!

15. Luna

Luna Guest

Woo woo! Congrats, guys! :banana:

16. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Congrats! :)

17. addicted2dvd

addicted2dvd New Member

Congrats to the winners! :)

18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Congratulations to all!

19. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

When Animals Attack! Horror films aren't really my forte, so it was great to read all the suggestions and add to my queue. Congrats to the winners!

20. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Congrats you guys.