Offical Friday the 13th Boxset Specs

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by MAATopDogg32, Jun 29, 2004.

1. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I hope the original dvds don't go oop once this box comes out. I would rather have the original dvds and I only have 1 and 2.

2. they probably go out of print but there'll be tons in stores...I can make about three complete sets at my local Futureshop

3. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Has anyone heard about this Best Buy Exclusive?

You'll also receive the special 29-minute bonus disc, Jason Forever, which contains a lively "Jason" panel discussion from a Fangoria convention. It also delivers interviews with cast and crew, including 4 actors who have played Jason over the years.
    $57.99 Preorder

4. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

if that's true, then I will have to pick up the best Buy edition. $58 doesn't sound like that great of a price, though.

5. DrGerbil

DrGerbil Member

Patience, the DDD 20% off sale will come sooner than you think... :fire:

6. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

$58 for the set and an extra disc is actually pretty decent. I have it on order at Amazon for $50.39 shipped...and that's with an additional 10% discount from Share the Love.

7. Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon Guest

To complete the set chronologically, I would still need to get Goes To Hell, Jason X & Freddy Vs Jason?
    Is that the lot?

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

You still have to factor in the Sales Tax on top of that though. On Amazon I don't pay tax, got free shipping, so it's a better deal. Still I may buy the Best Buy set for myself and give the one I ordered through Amazon as a gift.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yes that is the lot for the jason movies until freddy vs jason 2 comes out

10. Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon Guest

Thanks for that.

11. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

If the bonus disc had deleted scenes or docs or something more than a panel discussion of the series...I might bite, but I doubt it. I'm disappointed enough in the R-rated versions, partial series commentary, and 2-D Only format for Part 3 to go for the cheapest asking price.

12. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

Technically, that's true, but since GOES TO HELL and JASON X don't really follow the series chronologically, I'd say you really don't need them. They're both easily the worst entries and I've practically disowned them as F13 films (let's not forget that they're not released by Paramount as well). In my mind, the series ending with GOES TO MANHATTAN.

13. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Same here. I've been a Friday fan since I was about four years old and I'm not even the least bit tempted to buy this lousy set, regardless of how cheap it is. I'll pass until someone does it right.

14. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

You don't have to disown them. They're not F13 films...at all :D

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

That's right, they are JASON films!
    They are good stand alone films IMO though. JGTH has the best kill scene of the broken series IMO, and X was just too much fun not to see again. At least give 'em a try if you haven't seen 'em. Best of all, they're not Paramount movies!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  16. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

The series ended with "Part VII: The New Blood" for me. "Goes to Manhattan" fucking stunk up the outhouse.

I'm not really sure how many "Halloween" movies there are. Definitely four, but not more than six.

17. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

theres eight of em so far, working on part nine as we speak.

18. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

if i have to accept Jason Takes Manhattan as part of the story(with its sewer flooded with toxic waste), then i can easily accept JGTH and Jason X. Obviously not all of the films match up chronologically and timeline wise. Pretty much every series has its continuity issues, in fact I think there's more in the Halloween series than in F13.

19. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

I don't see why Paramount doesn't just sell the rights after this. They obviously want nothing to do with the series, and they could probably get a pretty good deal. Probably not likely at all, but just think of what newline would do with this set...

20. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

But see, there's a definitive progression if you follow through numbers 1 - 8. The beginning of each subsequent entry is a direct continuation of the previous one. The exception begins with JASON GOES TO HELL, where all of a sudden he's simply walking around Crystal Lake after having gotten melted with toxic waste at the end of MANHATTAN. And while 8 is hardly a good film, at least it makes sense when you watch the series back to back.