Offical Friday the 13th Boxset Specs

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by MAATopDogg32, Jun 29, 2004.

1. marcx

marcx New Member

ok thanks--one of these days when i have some free time im going to have to mess around with it....

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Is the BB exclusive disc actually worth running out to the store and getting, because I could easily wait a weak until I have some more cash so I won't be broke after buying it.

3. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I got mine at the local Costco for 49.99...Of course, not being connected to Best Buy, there was no bonus disc...The only Friday the 13th dvd I owned up to this point was the first one, because personally, that was the only one that I was really all that sentimental over (having tricked my parents into thinking it was a comedy and taking me to see it--at 10 years of age)...I had been lately wanting to revisit the series, so it was worth the money to me...Previously, before being price-cut, the individual titles were 14.95 apiece, so I consider this a deal, considering I get 8 movies, a decent-if-not-spectacular amount of documentary/extra footage, and a box set that takes up less shelf space than 8 vhs or 8 individual dvd cases....True, for a die-hard F13 fan (which I'm not, but more power to those who are) this is probably quite disappointing, but I was happy with it. Hopefully someday the studios will release ultimate orgasm editions of all movies so that we can all rejoice in our glory and be happy forever and ever and ever, but until then I think this set is passable and worth it for me...for what that's worth.

love, Chazzy

4. extremestone

extremestone Guest

Friday the 13th box Set

Hello everyone could someone please help me I am from England and if anyone knows if the box set will be in England if someone could let me know I be very grateful. :evil:

5. bachmann

bachmann Member

the chances of UK boxset are small. Warner owns the first movie and paramount owns 2-8 so i dont think that will ever happen

6. Severn

Severn Member

Funny thing is that I heard more from the Joe Zito and Savini on Final Chapter from their Prowler DVD commentary. Although I['m happy that I got SOMTHING in the end I'm still dissatisfied overall considering we know there is a lot more info on these films then they presented.

I did get a kick out of the bonus disk, as it mainly is a Kane Hodder love fest. Which is fine with me.

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Yeah, the amount of Corey Feldman screen time REALLY annoyed me. They couldn't find anyone else connected with Part 5 to chip in? The Key Grip or Caterer maybe? Feldman obviously took a page from the recent TV invasion of those horrible "I Love The 70s/80s/90s" shows on VH1. Like the GOONIES commentary, Feldman is obsessed with himself and how important he is to film history. Cut the unfunny "cute" shit and get on with it!!!
    (sorry, had to vent)
    **It WAS funny to hear him talk about how people remember him for his involvment in "artsy" projects like LOST BOYS and DREAM A LITTLE DREAM.....artsy, huh? I'm still laughing about that one.

8. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Yeah..that is all true. I must say that considering how many people got offed in the series, they could have interviewed others...They should have at least tried to track down the original actors from the first film...Kevin Bacon may or may not have cooperated, but Harry Crosby? Laurie Bartram? Robbie Morgan? The actress whose name escapes me now but who I thought was wonderful as Marcie????? How come they were able to get both Paul Kratka and Dana Kimmell for the audio commentary but not include them in the documentaries? Anyway-whatever...I still maintain that for 50.00 considering I hadn't bought any of the other F13 films except the first one, it's still worth the money for me, and I doubt I'd buy them again ever....but I agree, there could have and SHOULD have been a little more...

9. Fumi

Fumi Member

I'm not going to buy the box set. I've got about half the movies already, and I pick up a couple more every October. Three reasons I won't buy the box set:

1) Exactly the same picture quality as what I've got.
    2) Exactly the same audio quality as what I've got.
    3) Exactly the same movies as what I've got.

If they added the deleted scenes back into the movies I'd buy them. But they're just included as extras, which serves no purpose except to make me even more disgusted that they didn't add tham back into the movies. It would be nice if they gave you the option of having a surround sound audio track on the first 5 movies, like they do with the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, but no. All those extras are nice, but that's really about 2% of the reason I buy a movie. The other 98% is the movie itself. No way I'm paying all that money just for interviews and stuff.

10. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I had none of the Fridays on DVD before I bought the box set, and I agree it's lacking in extras, but I'm not complaining cause I only paid 60 bucks Canadian for it at Future Shop.

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Feldman was more than I could take. I don't hate the guy, but what a joke...his whole idea of wanting to do a film where Jason faces him again. Sure, anything he could call a comeback at this point.

12. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I am not a fan of Feldman,But if this was the only hope for another Friday movie i would take him.Now i dont know about a Friday H20 like he was talking about but anything would do to get the franchise up to lucky 13!

13. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

u guys have to understand something ,by boycotting this set , paramount will think that there is no money to be made, and by that token if this set sells ,then paramount will think they can make a killing by re-releaseing the films uncut,in a new set, that is what studios do now (look at all the versions of dawn of the dead) , if the friday box set sells , they will release uncut versions in the future , if the set doesn't do well in sales they won't , it's just that simple, DVD companies know how to continuously make money on the same films over and over again......think about it..........

14. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Paramount have strong views on violence in their movies though.It will be tough to get anything more out of them.We were lucky to get what we did.

15. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Hey I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I did notice on this boxset that they fixed the credits at the end of part 7. They used to be the most generic credits I ever saw, but when I watched it last night, they looked normal.

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

My six year old worked that out ages ago. She said "The credits are better now!" and I said, "No, they're 'more proper"." ;)

:lol:

17. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

Hahahahahah. ;) Good one.