One Of Us (2017)

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jan 2, 2018.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This was released on DVD last month. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but took the gamble and picked it up. Looks like a cool little indie.

[​IMG]

Workshed likes this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Watched it last night and it definitely kept me entertained, but I may only recommend with reservations just because of how tame it is. The movie isn't rated, but if it were, it would be an easy PG-13 (I think they said "shit" once, lol!). It may have been made-for-TV, even if it didn't end up there.

I really don't have any major complaints about it, just that it could have been a bit edgier. The cast is good (and extremely easy on the eyes), the Idyllwild locations are gorgeous, and it's briskly paced with a pretty tight running time. The story is engaging if paint-by-number, so don't expect any shocking plot twists or revelations.

Cult movies are a subgenre I personally enjoy and find creepy (although this one isn't very creepy, despite having great atmosphere), and I don't think there's enough of them. So this could be a fun one to show your kids who maybe aren't quite ready for The Wicker Man, The Sacrament, The Conspiracy, The Invitation, etc. It's very horror-lite, a sample of the genre for audiences who are traditionally too scared to watch this type of movie.

So, yeah, with that in mind, check it out.

Workshed likes this.
  3. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I, too, like cult movies but was hoping for something a little more twisty and...adult. Appreciate the review.