OneChanbara: Bikini girls vs lots of Zombies

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by KR~!, Jan 24, 2009.

1. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Anyone have this DVD?

It is based on a series of Video Games, never the less it looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdY7im7DEFI

make sure to check out the related videos

2. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

I watched it a couple weeks ago and found it to be pretty entertaining...if you understand it's in the same low-budget vein as The Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police, with some cheesy CGI, you should be fine. The action scenes are surprisingly well done and it's not overly long so it doesn't wear out its welcome. Definitely worth checking out IMO.

My only complaint with the film is that they blatantly rip-off Go-Go from Kill Bill. It's not that I'm such a Kill Bill fan or anything, but Japan has enough cool shit that directors could borrow from before they resort to ripping-off a rip-off of Japanese films :p

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Kinda surprising how bad this isn't. The production values were much lower than I was expecting; I figure they blew it all on the finale. But they know what the audience wants and with that they delivered. There are many fight scenes with hoards of zombies, and it gets down to the basics with a plot that doesn't try to get too fancy.

I was disappointed in the casting of the lead though. I thought the other two girls were much hotter. Her casting certainly wasn't based on her acting chops either so there was definitely something funny going on beneath the table I'm sure.

Unless she was down to her bikini I had the PS3 cruising at x1.5 speed to make sure the movie didn't overstay its welcome. Worth checking out.

4. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Dammit!! The trailer is gone!