Ong Bok: Thai Warrior

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by poorlogic, Apr 3, 2004.

1. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Ong Bok: Thai Warrior NOW WITH VIDEO!!

Holy Shit, I watched this flick last night - insane action! I swear that main character actually hits and kick people for real, and real hard! It's like a Jackie Chan film on cocaine - with multiple viewings of the action - utterly brutal!

There was a collective "OOOOOWWWWWWW, AHHHHH, OWWWWW" yelled during this scene... THE VIDEO IS UP!!!!!!

(4.4 Mb - worth the wait!, 3ivx D4 4.5.1 Codec required- it's free)

http://home.comcast.net/~poorlogic/video/Ong_Bok.avi

Check out Ong Bok, it's a great Sundy popcorn flick, with the most insane action I've seen in a long time.

Watch out, knee to the chest!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2004
  2. gorelover

gorelover Guest

I'm planning on purchasing this one as soon as a decent HK DVD is available. To my knowledge, at this time there's only a Thai release out which doesn't have English subs.

-gl

3. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I bought this over in China...I loved it! My copy has no english dubs but I had my girl tell me what they were saying.
    This movie fuckin' kicks ass. From what I read, there is a english subtitled copy floating around...some company put it out.
    Great move, I higly recommend it.

4. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

I just finished watching it, and its easily my favorite martial arts movie ever. Some of the stunts and fight scenes were just unreal. I cant imagine the pain those people must have gone through pulling off that stuff!

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Damn! Those picks kick ass! Can't wait to see if a R1 version will pop up some where.

6. Numania

Numania Guest

Diabolik has the vcd for sale with English subs.

7. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada

From what I hear the HK DVD doesn't include english subs, unfortunately. Some people over the net have taken the time to write out the subs, I guess it's for the ripped versions or something.

I guess we have to settle for the VCD.... or learn the language.

8. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

Just replaced the picture with video, check it out!!!!

9. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Just got this in... Holy Shit!!! Thats all I'm saying. :) :)

10. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

[​IMG]

DVD Answers - Fox Home Entertainment has kindly sent over artwork for Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior which stars Tony Jaa, Petchtai Wongkamlao and Pumwaree Yodkamol. It's non-stop action as Ting (Tony Jaa) infiltrates Bangkok's seedy underworld and takes on a series of lowlifes and criminals in his quest to obtain the sacred head. The disc will be available to own from the 30th August, priced at around $27.98. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen along with a Thai Dolby Digital 5.1 track. An English Stereo track, and English subtitles will also be provided. Extras will include a music video featuring Tony Jaa, a making of the music video featurette, an 8 Movements of Muay Thai feature, Behind-the-scenes stunt footage, a Tony Jaa performance at French screening, a Tony Jaa performance at NBA game, a promotional video featuring The RZA, a Trailer featuring The RZA and some additional trailers.

11. gorelover

gorelover Guest

Another noteworthy update:
    The Ong-Bak team has made a new martial arts flick named 'Tom-Yum-Goong', which will have its cinematic release in Thailand in August.
    Check the Official Site

-gl

12. logboy

logboy Guest

plus a film called 'sword' and a CGI movie with tony jaa... all sorts of things in the works...

13. K'

K' Guest

The Australian Studio Madman will relase a special editon of Ong Bak in august. This will include Luc Besson's trimmed "world cut", which also has new score, and the uncut Thai "director's cut" with the original muay thai inspired soundtrack. Both versions will have the original Thai language track plus english subtitles. Afaik it's the first uncut, legit version of the Thai director's cut with English subs.

It's up for preorder at cd-wow .us for 15.95$.

Disc:
    RC4
    1,85:1, Anamorphic PAL Transfer
    Thai DD 5.1 Audio
    English Subtitles

Special Features:

* Luc Besson international version PLUS original UNCUT Thai version
    * 'Born For the Fight' Thai boxing Documentary
    * Making of ONG BAK / Behind the Scenes
    * Tony Jaa Interview / Director Interview
    * Hong Kong & French film premieres
    * French music video
    * Storyboard comparison
    * Rehersals
    * Muay Thai 9 moves demonstration
    * 3D Animatic comparison
    * Audition videos
    * Tony Jaa fight demonstration
    * International Trailers - France, Thai etc..
    * Deleted Scenes
    * Alternative ending
    * Hidden messages
    * Sketch Gallery
    * Poster Gallery
    * Stills Gallery
    * ONG BAK screensaver

14. logboy

logboy Guest

correct. its the best one to get, not only the first out (with subs!) but the only offering the thai uncut version with english subs... cheapest too. £11.99 for Uk buyers, before you use a coupon etc...!

15. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I'll be getting the R1 release. I enjoyed the movie in theaters, didnt blow me away or anything, but Jaa is a talented guy. He doesnt do a whole lot of acting and obviously the movie has little to no plot, but its good, clean fun.

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

*Bump* This one has a new hiphop score NOT Kung Fu Hustle.

17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Guess I'll be holding onto my Thai disc, even though it doesn't have subs

18. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I got a kick out of it in theaters,tremendous action !

19. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

So this another one of those hack jobs with a completely new soundtrack? They won't have the original Thai score on it? That's pretty disappointing if that's true. Fortunately I already have this movie so it's not a huge deal, but my friend really wants it and I don't know if he'll be happy with a hip hop score. Can't they just leave movies alone and release them the way they were meant to be released??

20. shift

shift Hot as shit!

who said? ;)