Paramount Fall Titles

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 16, 2004.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

This fall Paramount will continue to raid their vaults of all their horror titles. Orca: The Killer Whale, Bug, Body Parts, Murder on the Orient Express, and I Married a Monster from Outer Space will all make their way to DVD on September 14th. As per usual Paramount, there will be no extras on this releases. The retail will be a meager $14.95 for each however.

Along with all the bugs, whales and monsters will be a monster of a different sort: Jason Voorhees. The much awaited Friday the 13th boxset will finally be released on October 5th. Although there has been no official announcement on the supplements in the set, its been well known that it will come chock full of commentaries and featurettes. Don't expect anything to be uncut however, since Paramount will follow the Blockbuster company line by releasing only the MPAA rated versions.

Between Universal, Anchor Bay and Paramount's fall titles, this is shaping up to be a fine autumn for horror fans.

Attached Files:

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

That really sucks about the F13 boxed set... I might still pick it up for the extras and stuff for the first three and Part 5, but I never really cared much for the others in the series. I was seriously hoping they'd be uncut, but I guess you can't get everything you want.

BTW, how is Orca: The Killer Whale?

3. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

The way its going with the Friday the 13th Box set it will probably come out next year and only feature the first three movies with bare bones special features. Damn Paramount.

4. KForee

KForee Guest

I don't want to blow it up too much...but I thought Orca was fantastic. Though it somewhat knocks off Jaws (in the basic "killer marine life" idea), it was NOT some real craptastic independent release. It sounds ridiculous, but this whale seeks revenge on the local fishermen, and Bo Derek meets her grisly demise when the orca attacks a house on the water.

VERY decent; totally going to buy it.

5. Wizejoker

Wizejoker Guest

Did it get pushed back? I thought it had a September release date. :(

6. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

It figures, I just bought Orca on LD. The one movie nobody's clamouring for and would be a billion years before they get around to stumbeling accross its tin can in the vault. That's what they decide to release.

Son of a bitch. Well, at least now I can get anamorphic and widescreen cheese. :D

8. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Paramount can take their crappy dvds and shove them up their lazy, greedy asses. My money will be going elsewhere this fall.

9. Loomis

Loomis Guest

It is amazing how they can do such good releases for one cult audience (i.e. Star Trek), and totally neglect another cult audience (in this case, horror/Friday fans).

For me, the opportunity to own all the Friday films in one place will make the set worth buying (I only own the first - the uncut R4 edition - having held off for a "complete set"). While they may not be uncut, it is still good to have them all in one place. Regardless, I'm sure we will be double-dipping alone the track anyways...

10. Stige

Stige Active Member

I am actually starting to wonder why paramount hasnt made an official statement yet. Would be a blast if they just shocked everybody and released a fabulous box set uncut and so on.....................probably not but still.............nah it is paramount after all

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

As a major, Paramount don't seem to want to impress us too much. Oh well, it's not like there arn't other places for us to spend our cash :)

12. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I thought that there would be deleted scenes on the friday box set that would feature uncut footage on the "bonus" disc?? I hate to admit that I will buy this anyway because I sold all of my regular discs when I heard this box set would be coming out, but if there is none of the uncut gore footage that we KNOW is out there and readily available (definitively in the case of part 7 from the director), then F**K paramount. That is simply pathetic. Please let Anchor Bay or Blue Underground find a way to get rights to these movies in the future somehow!!

13. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I will eagerly buy Orca and Bug even if they completely fuck up the Friday the 13th set. Why punish myself by not getting movies I like?

14. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Orca, Bug, and The Friday the 13th boxset will be mine!

15. Blame

Blame Guest

Bug is the movie of Jeannot Szwarc?

16. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Guest

If Paramount did release the Friday the 13th set uncut I would likely double dip and get the set. Now that it looks doubtful that they will release any of the films uncut, I will stay with my old copies of the films. I wouldn't find picking up Orca since it looks like something that would interest me.

Final statement: Paramount really dropped the ball with the F13 box set and should never be allowed to do such a big project again.

17. Demon

Demon Don't Fuck With Dolly!

its not a good idea to have 8 movies on 5 discs if you ask me, I'm keeping the regular versions released years ago, and if I was like you and didn't have them I'd go buy them and not support a turd boxset!! :banana:

18. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Why exactly? The current versions have no extras and the upcoming boxset will. :eek2:

19. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Here's the artwork, thanks to DVDEmpire.com...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

That Bug cover is awful.:(