Paranormal Activity

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Sep 10, 2009.

1. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

its much better to view in the theatre (IMO)

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The DVD/Blu-ray will include Theatrical Version and Unrated Version with "never before seen Alternate ending".

Source: dvdactive.com

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

on best buys website it lists this as coming out on dec 29th also says the dvd will be a 2 disc dvd i heard there was more than just one alternate ending that is shown on the advertisment art

4. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I just read that the alternate ending will be the
    throat slit!
    Fantastic news, as I was certain it would be the one with the cops.

5. Spit

Spit Active Member

Was anyone else thrown off by the fact that there were no end credits in this film? Or did my theater just fuck up?

6. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

SWEET! I've been wanting to see that ending.

7. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

It would be better to have to option for all three.

8. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

what is supposed to be on that limited edition?

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i think just a film cell and a t-shirt nothing added on the dvd itself

also as far as the 3 endings for the film only 2 is present on dvd/blu-ray the theatrical and the alternate mentioned already the cops ending which is received as the worst one isn't anywhere to be found not even a bonus feature

10. neversummer

neversummer New Member

I threw in PA at 1:00AM last night and watched it alone, being new years the jamaican rum was going down quickly and my tolerance for shitty films was quite low. Several parts of the film had me glancing towards the darkened stairs leading to my basement and at one point I walked over to the patio window to investigate some odd noises (liquored up kids), so in my case the film worked effectively enough. The circumstances upon viewing definitely benefit these types of films. I really don't see how this could have been effective in a movie theater unless I was a twelve year old girl high on 'shrooms.

11. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Instead of "spoyler ahead"...

where the camera is eaten? cool!:banana:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Watched the "theatrical cut" last night. It was okay, but it would have been better had they canned the Ouija board footage and the very last shot of the movie. Also, the guy playing the psychic was really quite terrible.

Some decent moments, but far from perfect.

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I saw this for the second time last night and loved it just as much as the first viewing. I watched the alternative ending this time (the one that comes with the DVD/Blu-Ray), it was all right but I really don't think any of the three ending are perfect. Now that I have seen all three, I think the theatrical is overall the best, minus the final shot of course. IMO it's not about making the perfect film or dwelling on it's iffy moments. For me the best horror lingers with you hours after you watch it and this film haunts you better then most.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. JIMX1975

JIMX1975 Member

Watched this for the first time last night. For me it was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. I can't even count the times it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I have to admit when I had to get up in the middle of the night to feed the baby I was little creeped out.

15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Just watched this and thought it was pretty good. Definitely a few "wtf!" moments. Had a few friends over to watch and they enjoyed it as well. I liked the theatrical ending better alternate ending. The woulda made a much better Blair Witch 2 than the original.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  16. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I finally watched this. I went into it with very low expectations, thinking it was another overhyped Blair Witch clone (and I hate BW!!). I turned off all the lights, stuck in the DVD and watched. The first 30 min. were slow and if I wasn't anticipating better, I would have turned it off. Like others have said, the 2 leads were annoying and stupid! It didn't really get interesting to me until they start explaining their situation to the doctor. A lot of the loud noises and such annoyed me, because I was thinking, "Is this is?" What a bunch of BS!! But, as I watched the film, I realized how the slow pacing worked well as to be a slow build up. The last couple of scenes really got me. I actually had a chill going up my spine. I don't remember this ever happening to me watching a film before this. It didn't scare me, as I'm too old to be scared, but it did a damn good job of being a creepy horror film. It was effective and I really appreciate what they accomplished on such a low budget! Is it a great horror film? No, but it is a decent one, although not very re-watchable and definitely not a classic.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  17. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

18. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

LOL well for the record I am not a 12 year old girl! I do think you have to be high on shrooms to enjoy this well sort of. OMG what a terrible movie with idiotic characters! Oh forget it when the dude shows up with the Ouija board it was over for me! Hype hype hype that's all this was. I actually believe the actress should have taken her top off. It might have bumped the grade from F+ to C-! Even though that's not saying much considering she did titty tease us allot. This movie is an epic fail stupid stupid stupid! I can't wait to see it again! :lol:

19. rhett

rhett Administrator

20. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

To be honest I'm glad they went with someone more unknown than someone like De Palma.

I still don't want this project to happen. I really liked the first one but don't see the need for a sequel. My money will be going to Saw VII in October.