Paranormal Activity

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Sep 10, 2009.

1. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I saw it, what's the hype about it all?

I thought it was pretty darn boring and there was only one cool part in it which
    when the GF was sleeping and was dragged out of the room

The rest of the movie stunk. :(

2. NaturesMistake

NaturesMistake Member

:lol: So true...

3. Drama Queen Die

Drama Queen Die Banned Mofo

Haven't seen this yet but I must say one of horror's best qualities is that even when a movie is shit there is usually boobs to salvage the wreckage.

4. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

THANK YOU cough cough nuff said!:lol:

5. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Maybe a titty shot would have made the movie more interesting. :rolleyes:

6. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I couldn't get past how annoying the two leads were, and how stupid their characters were. the rest just kind of followed suit to the point where I found myself getting up looking for other things to do.

And, I'm sorry to say, you can add me to the list of people who thought Haute Tensione (or whatever) was kind of a douche.

7. Vortex

Vortex Member

I went and saw this again for Halloween. First movie I have seen twice at the theatre in at least 5 years. Good Halloween crowd made it even better the second time.

8. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Mmmmmmmm wtf mmmm ASL? :eek: hahahaa

9. Vortex

Vortex Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How funny!!!

10. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Glad I'm not alone in this, I guess alot of people were able to overlook their glaring stupidity, but it was too much for me. Some of the stuff those characters did rival Jason Lee's 'save my life or get toothpicks' choice in Dreamcatcher for stupidest movie logic ever.

11. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I haven't seen it yet but that is exactly what i would want in a haunted house film. I am sick of all these haunted house flicks these days that have to show you everything ands ruin it with CGI. What you don't see is more frightening to me, and that is stuff that I would envision a haunting to be like in real life.

12. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Exactly. Give me horror like this, Blair Witch and Black Christmas over the in your face stuff any day. There is nothing scary about something like Poltergeist or The Haunting '99. I find horror in the unknown.

13. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Just came back from this, we all thought it was incredibly average. The acting on the part of all four characters is just awful, the two leads in particular were cringe worthy and the male lead (Micah) was annoying as Hell. How many times did he say 'What the fuck was that?'. It was laughable after awhile, I saw at least six people leave out of what seemed to be sheer boredom. It was also mind boggling how no matter what happened or how 'terrifying' it was supposed to be the characters always ran back into the bedroom to be in view of that damn video camera instead of out the front door.
    It was marginally better than Blair Witch, but again way overhyped. It did create a little sense of dread and unease at the very end, but scariest film of the decade like E! entertainment reported? Now that's funny. It was a 5 out of 10 for me at best and has no replay value at all.

14. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

This seems to be a "love it or hate it" kind of film. I think it really boils down to what kinds of things creep you out and whether or not you found the 2 leads believable.

I'm in the "love it" camp. The kind of stuff going on in this movie is creepy as hell. This is a great example of how mood and atmosphere can make for a genuinely scary flick.

Yeah, the girl's boyfriend is an idiot, but he's a believable idiot. I know people who act just like this douche.

The entire movie has a very "Blair Witch" vibe to it, especially the ending.

15. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    The trailer I've been seeing (the audience reacting to the movie) cracks me up...hilarious! Reminds me of those grindhouse trailers where the guy is outside the theater talking to people on the way out of the film.
    I'm not a big fan of those films where "what you can't see is what's scary..." Not at all. when I go to the cinema I want to see it. Everything. Otherwise with a film like this I may as well just stay at home, sit in the dark and freak myself out. I'm no fan of any of these P.O.V. films, either. The camera always turns away from something just when you are about to see it (Cloverfield)

16. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Wow did I dislike this movie. I think the concept was promising. And a couple of the boo moments were well executed. But as many others have mentioned, the characters are absolutely awful. They immediately annoyed me and ruined any chance that I could possibly sympathize with their plight. Within minutes I was sincerely hoping that Micah would suffer an early death. It's tough for me to think of another movie character that I dislike near as much as him.

The pacing of this movie is another huge problem. I couldn't help but feel that this was a short film stretched beyond reason. There was way too much redundancy among the episodes. I really couldn't wait for it to end.

I'm perfectly fine with horror flicks that are more suggestive than explicit. And I think Blair Witch is a great example of how far you can go with this type of project. But this is just a bad movie.

17. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Not even a titty shot would have saved this shit stain.

18. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I wasn't a fan of this film at all. The lead guy was way too annoying and I just wanted to see him dead. I find it hard to believe that Spielberg couldn't sit through this whole movie because he was too scared. Apparently, that ending was his idea.

19. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

will pick this up i heard it may be coming to dvd/blu-ray dec 29th that soon

20. philxus

philxus New Member

I watch a screener dvd the other night ,the movie is not that bad but i don`t know what the big deal is, i though that it was going to be really scary like everybody said it was,i rather watch Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures at least they keep me awake:evil: