Park Chan-Wook's Vengeance Trilogy Blu-ray in March

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by othervoice1, Mar 15, 2010.

1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I did a search and didnt see that anyone posted about this- but if I missed it I apologize. Looks like best buy has the set exclusively March 15th then everyone else gets it June 16th. Amazon has it preorder for 39.95 which is pretty nice.
    http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4261

Originally it was said to be an 8 disc set but now appears to be a 3 disc set although Amazon is listing it as 4 discs.
    Lady Vengeance comes with both the theatrical and director preferred fade to white version which is cool it includes both versions.

Best Buy has it on their site for preorder but for 59.99- I think I can wait till June 15th to save 20.00 plus tax from Amazon.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Vengean...&skuId=9739042&st=vengeance trilogy&lp=1&cp=1

http://www.amazon.com/Vengeance-Tri...ef=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268621572&sr=8-3

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I saw a copy of the DVD for sale at Scarecrow Video in Seattle. They have it advertised as being there before anywhere else. Since they're a small company I imagine they just have a deal with the distributor to get it a week before Best Buy. The DVD set is 8 discs (2 for Mr. Vengeance, 3 for Oldboy, 3 for Lady Vengeance); the blu-ray set might have less discs because more info can fit on the discs.

3. Mitbox

Mitbox Member

Hell yeah!! This will look superb in Hi-def. These movies were made for the format.

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

No offense, but that line is hysterical! :lol:

5. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Got my blu-ray set today from Amazon- comes in a really nice blue tinted tin case with each of the 3 "ultimate revenge edition" individual blu-rays inside. I assume the dvds came in the same type of tin case since the back states it comes with 8 discs and a 32 page booklet but the blu-rays appear to have 4 discs total and no booklet -weird considering the tin casing does have blu-ray info on it but still has that misinformation on the back. Anyways still very nice, especially considering the 39.99 price I paid.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010