Perfect Blue (live action version)

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by 2D4EVER, Aug 19, 2002.

1. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

I love the anime version of it and last night I went to kfccinema.com and I saw there's a live action version coming out. There's an official web page and trailer. It's coming to theaters in Japan August 24th. I don't know if this is old news or not (probably) but I think it is cool. Since I have no plans to visit Japan anytime soon I hope this gets a fairly quick dvd release.

Later all...

2. Max Yokell

Max Yokell Guest

I got Blue Girl live and all I can say is it sucked bigtime.

I wouldn't chance it again.

Max

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Well, Perfect Blue would probably be the best Anime-to-live-action out there. But they'd still lose something with the "imaginary Mima" thing. One thing I liked about PB is that even after Mima finds out that
    her manager is the killer, she still sees the fantasy Mima bouncing around like a fairy, indicating that Mima is still not completely sane

I don't know how well that would translate to live action

4. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

Well...that could be tricky. They might do that scene a different way. Or they could use wires.:D Did you guys check out the trailer? Go to kfccinema.com and click on News (you have to scroll down a bit). I, for one, am looking forward to it and I hope it turns out well. It has to be better than the live action version of Wicked City.:)

Later all...

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Does Blue Girl Live have anything to do with Perfect Blue? I really loved Perfect Blue and I am not a big anime fan at all.

6. 2D4EVER

2D4EVER Guest

No. It has no connection to Perfect Blue (thank god). There are a few anime series and movies that most everyone I know like (even the ones who supposedly don't like anime) and those are Perfect Blue, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, and Photon.:)

Later all...

7. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I will have to find Photon, since you hit the other 2 dead on. I also like the first Vampire Hunter and Golgo 13, and lately, since I have gotten Showtime Beyond on my cable, I have been getting into Dirty Pair.

8. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

On a similar topic, is a live action version of Akira still in the works?

9. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

yep, unfortuneately live action akira and DBZ are still in the works. I dont mind remakes, infact I quite like them, I would kill for an anime remake of akira... but some things in anime you just cant translate into live action effectively without corny effects or whatnot. I'm not looking forward to those